Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Those of you who think that there was nowhere to go after The Last Jedi need to Google Duel of the Fates, which was the original script for the last film written by Treverrow. All kinds of good stuff they decided not to pursue.

Those of you who think that there was nowhere to go after The Last Jedi need to Google Duel of the Fates, which was the original script for the last film. All kinds f good stuff they decided not to pursue.

Oh, quite agree, the Rise of Skywalker was truly awful. The worse Star Wars film by a long long way.

You folks are making me feel a bit inadequate . . .

... just wait until you see my pics of all the X-Wing miniatures ships I've bought recently. You'll feel inadequate and also think I'm completely off my rocker.

It was fun and I liked it but that being said it was pretty pointless. The only thing it really accomplished was to set up Reva the fallen inquisitor to show up in other shows, I'm thinking Ashoka will be meeting her. I expect many of the characters from the underground railroad will show up in the show about the dawn of the rebellion.

Just started Obi Wan, since it's finished. First episode was good (though the whole "refusal o the call" thing kind grates on me these days, though that's nothig to do with this series or Star Wars in particular - it's just, we all know that their evetually going to accept it, I appreciae folks that just suck it up and be heroes from the outset. But that's my only real niggle).

So, not having watched any of the cartoons - are Inquisitors Sith? I'm trying to figure out why the one has a lightsaber. I thought the Sith rule was "always only two" - master and apprentice - as in Vader and the Emperor, I always thought they were the only two Sith around. Not that they are following any sort of continuity at this point I guess.

Anyways, onto episode 2...

EDIT: one other observation - really like the music. Glad they decided not to go with the old Star Wars themes, and have a new orchestral score.

So, not having watched any of the cartoons - are Inquisitors Sith? I'm trying to figure out why the one has a lightsaber. I thought the Sith rule was "always only two" - master and apprentice - as in Vader and the Emperor, I always thought they were the only two Sith around. Not that they are following any sort of continuity at this point I guess.

I think Inquisitors are more just evil force users rather than Sith. I suppose like any bureaucracy that has rules, evil ones find ways of circumventing employment laws and headcount!

Remember that scene in Phantom Menace where Sidious and Maul are walking along that pathway in Coruscant when Maul says, "At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi..." etc? Well in the book Darth Plagueis, he's in the building near when that is happening. I won't explain anymore here but there's a bit of a writeup and further spoiler info here: https://www.quora.com/Was-Darth-Plagueis-alive-during-Star-Wars-Episode-I-–-The-Phantom-Menace for it.

I have yet to read the book, it's on my list, but I've never been disappointed with a Star Wars novel by James Luceno. Think his stuff is top drawer.

Inquisitors are fallen Jedi. The Grand Inquisitor was a temple guard before he fell at some point. They are not technically Sith, because there can only be two at one time, but Sith can have apprentices and acolytes, as Rich H Rich H mentioned with Maul. He wasn’t a Sith at the beginning of the movie but he was by the end. This runs into Palpatine’s story that he tells Anakin in Revenge of the Sith. Plagueis was killed during The Phantom Menace off screen.

Second episode - not as good at the first, ut stll compelling. Only weird thing was the end - why does this randonm Inquistor know Darth Vader's true identity? I mean, I guess it was never stated as being specifcally hiden, but at the same time seems very odd that it's just common knowledge, even among the Inquisitors.

I wondered what the scene at beginning of the first epidoe, with the Younglings during Order 66, was about. Now I'm guessing Reeva was one of the Younglings? I dunno, didn't really see any of their faces, but I assume that scene was forshadowing something

Kinda sad the Grand Inquisitor is dead, I thought he was the more compelling villain - shades of Cenobites/Scorpius and all that. Constantly angry people just sort of annoy me - hence my never warming up to Rey after TFA

Vader in the Bacta tank looks weird. Wonder if he spends hiis time in there dreaming atbout that time he killed all those Tuskan Raiders?

Episode 3

What's with them hiring prominent comedians in this show? The guy in the second episode, (don't know his name) was a bit distracting, but I let it go, but now Seth Roegan? I dunno, just takes me right out of the viewing experience. Jedi underground railroad seems a little tonedeaf, but whatever. Vader is cool, I guess, but....I dunno, I'm just getting more and more confused, the whole fight I just kept thinking of that line from A New Hope: "When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master." I cant square that with what's occuring now in this series.

Episode 3

What's with them hiring prominent comedians in this show? The guy in the second episode, (don't know his name) was a bit distracting, but I let it go, but now Seth Roegan? I dunno, just takes me right out of the viewing experience. Jedi underground railroad seems a little tonedeaf, but whatever. Vader is cool, I guess, but....I dunno, I'm just getting more and more confused, the whole fight I just kept thinking of that line from A New Hope: "When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master." I cant square that with what's occuring now in this series.
Are you talking about the mole guy? He was voiced by Zach Braff…. so maybe your point still stands

You are at the bottom of the barrel right now. This series was like a bowl curve as far as quality goes.

For me, episode 5 was the nadir, what with the phantom transport and the whole silliness that caused. Made the whole episode pointless. Then the blast door, impervious to blaster fire (so use a lightsabre! Oh you did... eventually!) but could talk through it. Then finding out about Reva's goal and her being a psycho mass murderer and torturer just to get to Vader. Then discussing trapping Vader in front of all those Stormtroopers. One thing after the other was wrong with that episode for me, I disliked it the most.

Last edited:
The worst thing in the show was the airspeeder firing on Reva. She could have reached out and touched it, it was so ridiculous. I will say this: the confrontation in episode six is one of the best ones in the history of Star Wars, so that alone makes this series watchable. Does that mean it doesn’t have flaws? No, it has plenty of flaws.

Finished the series....uh, it was alright. Fine, even. Way better than Book of Boba, but some of that may have party been because I went in with no expectations.

I just, well, I guess after all that I just don't see the point of it.

It wasn't filling in lose ends or story details, it actually inconveniently contradicts the orginal trilogy, and yeah, the fight between Vader and Obi Wan at the end was cool but...what purpose did it serve? Their fight at the end o the Prequels and their fight in a New Hope both had these huge emotional stakes that drove the story forward. Here, the story just sort of existed for the fight.

I dunno. I guess it's just...more Star Wars. And that's what most Star Wars fans want.

Finished How Obi-Wan got his groove back. Yea, it was just alright. You knew that nothing big was going to happen and the writing was occasionally sloppy.
Star Wars series contrast greatly with Marvel. The latter mostly try new stuff, except for the winter soldier one which was the worst of the lot. The Star Wars series mostly fill in gaps. They've also been a bit slow paced, which is a crime against Star Wars.

In the end, the main problem I had with the sequels was
I think Inquisitors are more just evil force users rather than Sith. I suppose like any bureaucracy that has rules, evil ones find ways of circumventing employment laws and headcount!

The whole "Sith Rule of Two" thing has always been a bit iffy. "There can only be two Sith, a master and an apprentice," along with backup apprentices, fallen Jedi, other trained dark side force users, etc. They should probably precede the saying with "TECHNICALLY there can only be two Sith..."

In the end, the main problem I had with the sequels was

The whole "Sith Rule of Two" thing has always been a bit iffy. "There can only be two Sith, a master and an apprentice," along with backup apprentices, fallen Jedi, other trained dark side force users, etc. They should probably precede the saying with "TECHNICALLY there can only be two Sith..."

well, the sequels gave the Sith their own planet, language, and a council of Sith lords or something (it was all rather confusing). I think at this point it's safe to say Disney is off the rails and continuity is as out the door as a DC comic

well, the sequels gave the Sith their own planet, language, and a council of Sith lords or something (it was all rather confusing). I think at this point it's safe to say Disney is off the rails and continuity is as out the door as a DC comic

Not to defend the sequels (which I hated), but in the EU, that's the way the Sith were before Darth Bane instituted the "Rule of Two." Some fallen Jedi made themselves into the deities/rulers of a planet occupied by a species call the Sith, interbred with them, and more or less redefined what the word "Sith" meant. After extensive in-fighting over thousands of years (no surprise there when you have a whole dark side oriented culture) Darth Bane came along and decided that there should only be two at a time. So you go from "Sith" the species to "Sith" the culture to "Sith" the force tradition to only two "Sith" in the force tradition. Except for, you know, all those other dark side force users that I mentioned.

I was assuming the whole Sith thing had basically been quietly shelved.

Honestly I'm getting kinda sick of Star Wars. I wish Hollywood would stop expanding old IP's and make new ones. Instead it's just more of the same, Star Trek, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Marvel, DC, etc.
It's all become stale or repetitive.
The problem is that back in the 80's, Hollywood found out that the general audience doesn't want new stuff. They just want more of the same. Hence, because it takes five to ten years for Hollywood to catch up, the massive deluge of sequels and remakes that started in the 90's. And you know what? IT WORKED. And Hollywood made serious bank.

The problem became the moment it makes money, corporations play it safe and don't deviate, because they'd rather make 10% profit 100% of the time, than take a risk of 400% profit, but with an 80% chance of success.
Come back? They just left.

I dunno, there's a lot of great Marvel characters they coul do films about, but I no longer have any faith in them doing GOOD films. I think that time is over, from here on out it''s going to be Captain Marvels and Shang Chi-s.
Once Feige took over during Civil War and pushed Favreau out, the MCU was over. The first clue that Captain Marvel, a rendition of Carol Danvers whose books have been literally cancelled 12 times in a decade. He skipped literal decades of good material that could be adapted to go straight to a failing era of comics.

Finished the series....uh, it was alright. Fine, even. Way better than Book of Boba, but some of that may have party been because I went in with no expectations.

I just, well, I guess after all that I just don't see the point of it.

It wasn't filling in lose ends or story details, it actually inconveniently contradicts the orginal trilogy, and yeah, the fight between Vader and Obi Wan at the end was cool but...what purpose did it serve? Their fight at the end o the Prequels and their fight in a New Hope both had these huge emotional stakes that drove the story forward. Here, the story just sort of existed for the fight.

I dunno. I guess it's just...more Star Wars. And that's what most Star Wars fans want.
I think the Obi-Wan Vader scene at the end basically saved the series. It has plenty of flaws. I actually thought at the beginning of the series they would make all kinds of canon gaffs, but surprisingly, they thought about making sure there were no inconsistences over actually telling a really good story. As I've said again and again, it's time to leave these characters in the dust and move on. I'm begging Disney at this point to not give us any more live-action Skywalker Saga stuff and move on. I've seen YouTube comments sections already and there are fans who want a Vader series and Obi-Wan Season Sixteen, and I'm doing the Vader "nooooo" scene in my head every time.

If the standard of writing is going to be the same as it has been then I'm not interested in seeing any more Star Wars, I don't care what era or what characters. Shit writing is shit writing. :trigger: And conversely, if the writing is good I don't care what era of Star Wars they do. But Kenobi was badly written and the worse bits had nothing to do with it being about the era it was in or the legacy character it was about.

Last edited:
Depends on what it is Rich. The writing Filoni did on the end of The Clone Wars was phenomenal. It’s actually one of the reasons I said they should make an animated show on the Luke Skywalker-Ben Solo years because it might help the sequels the way the former did for the prequels.

Not to defend the sequels (which I hated), but in the EU, that's the way the Sith were before Darth Bane instituted the "Rule of Two." Some fallen Jedi made themselves into the deities/rulers of a planet occupied by a species call the Sith, interbred with them, and more or less redefined what the word "Sith" meant. After extensive in-fighting over thousands of years (no surprise there when you have a whole dark side oriented culture) Darth Bane came along and decided that there should only be two at a time. So you go from "Sith" the species to "Sith" the culture to "Sith" the force tradition to only two "Sith" in the force tradition. Except for, you know, all those other dark side force users that I mentioned.
This was my understanding also. There were a lot of force using offshoots in the EU (most notably the Witches of Dathomir), which made sense because the force isn't the purview of the Sith or Jedi- force sensitive users were born before the Sith and Jedi spread to become the forces they were.

What has Vader ever succeeded at I wonder...? He failed to execute Reva twice, and that is just embarrassing. Vader has tried many things, in many shows and movies and about the only achievement I credit to him is employing the man who got Han Solo frozen and sent to Jabba.

Depends on what it is Rich. The writing Filoni did on the end of The Clone Wars was phenomenal. It’s actually one of the reasons I said they should make an animated show on the Luke Skywalker-Ben Solo years because it might help the sequels the way the former did for the prequels.

It just came to me unexpectededly that maybe the sequels had more of a plan than I always assumed. The plan was poorly performed, but I imagine Abrams wanted the viewers to see a story about an mystery girl who was one of the last people to discover she was Palpatines offspring, and the Skywalker family after a bit of a struggle end up accepting Rey despite her heritage. It just wasn't foreshadowed enough, and I don't feel like I had enough of a chance to figure these things out in advanced. Also the literal Emperor Palpatine returning in the flesh is too much for me, but I believe that is a old problem that was started by Maul. I think that an animated show that concentrates on this might have potential to be liked, but I don't know... a lot of star wars fans have historically put a lot of importance into DNA, and the trilogy... disagrees with that sentiment. It may be something only younger fans will appreciate.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back