Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I watched the first episode of Andor. It was OK. He’s like around #100 of my favorite Star Wars characters (right behind Dengar, IG-88, Bossk, 4-LOM and Zuckuss) so I’m not heavily invested.

I managed to watch the first episode of ANDOR last night on Disney Plus.
I did not have high hopes after OBI-WAN, but I was pleasantly surprised this time - although I also liked the first few episodes of Obi-Wan, so I am cautious.
I have nil investment with the Andor character, but the show feels very much like Rogue One, which is a good thing.
I'll watch the remaining episodes to catch up this week, but so far so good.

The first three episodes of Andor are definitely "one thing" and once you've seen them you'll see why they dropped three at once.

Andor is very good. By far some of the best dialogue for a Star Wars show. Dialogue that informs the characters and lets the actors inhabit their characters.
I watched the first episode, and I fully agree. The last Star Wars show I watched was Book of Boba Fett, which had abysmal dialogue and nonsensical character motivations and actions. As they even dragged The Mandalorian into that clown show, I was ready to give up entirely on Disney Star Wars, and I never bothered with Obi-Wan. It also did a good job of presenting fresh, new places while still feeling like Star Wars.

The show still have plenty of time to disappoint me, but I am really looking forward to seeing more.

Well isn't Andor a welcome change!

I really liked Mandalorian. BoBF and Kenobi were shite, Fett being the worse of the two but Andor's really nicely done, serious and is developing nicely. Its definitely a slowburn and I think the pacing could be improved but I've enjoyed it so far and unlike the last two Star Wars shows I'll stick with it because I'm interested in the story rather than watching the last two aforementioned series just to see how bad they could get. :grin:

I watched the first episode of Andor. It was OK. He’s like around #100 of my favorite Star Wars characters (right behind Dengar, IG-88, Bossk, 4-LOM and Zuckuss) so I’m not heavily invested.
But I think that's part of why Andor works. He shot a begging, grovelling man in the face in the first episode. I'm not sure how that hasn't been a huge internet outrage fest. But this is the thing that works. Andor isn't a likable character. Relatable sure but nobody wants to be him. One of Disney's problem is that they take new characters and beat you over the head with how awesome they are until you're sure you don't like them.

But I think that's part of why Andor works. He shot a begging, grovelling man in the face in the first episode. I'm not sure how that hasn't been a huge internet outrage fest.
It’s because he killed a spy in Rogue One in an even worse way. He shot him in the back saying everything was going to be fine. Cassian really doesn’t have a soul until he decides not to pull the trigger on Galen Erso.

But I think that's part of why Andor works. He shot a begging, grovelling man in the face in the first episode. I'm not sure how that hasn't been a huge internet outrage fest. But this is the thing that works. Andor isn't a likable character. Relatable sure but nobody wants to be him. One of Disney's problem is that they take new characters and beat you over the head with how awesome they are until you're sure you don't like them.
The first time we meet him in Rogue One he shoots a friendly acquaintance in the back, so I'm not sure what else people would be expecting.

Anyway, today I found out that there were developments being made for a Battlefront game that would have taken place in an inverted-morality mirror-universe type parallel timeline. There's a whole bunch of concept art here, and some of the character designs are just bonkers:

d9hqxv5.jpeg

NuqKz2r.jpeg

T1lg821.jpeg

trXzLBq.jpeg

The first time we meet him in Rogue One he shoots a friendly acquaintance in the back, so I'm not sure what else people would be expecting.

Anyway, today I found out that there were developments being made for a Battlefront game that would have taken place in an inverted-morality mirror-universe type parallel timeline. There's a whole bunch of concept art here, and some of the character designs are just bonkers:

View attachment 49992

View attachment 49993

View attachment 49994

View attachment 49995
I love this concept!

Just finished Obi Wan episode 3.

Again, not understanding the venomous hate this series has gotten from the internet.

I find it no better or worse than any other Star Wars series I’ve watched.

Some very cool moments, some eye-rolling parts (again, no more cringey than the Prequels).

I’m enjoying it, and it’s making me eager to revisit the films again.

For the record, my baseline for “bad” Star Wars is the Holiday Special and Rise of Skywalker. Those were flat-out horrible to me.

Just finished Obi Wan episode 3.

Again, not understanding the venomous hate this series has gotten from the internet.

I find it no better or worse than any other Star Wars series I’ve watched.

Some very cool moments, some eye-rolling parts (again, no more cringey than the Prequels).

I’m enjoying it, and it’s making me eager to revisit the films again.

For the record, my baseline for “bad” Star Wars is the Holiday Special and Rise of Skywalker. Those were flat-out horrible to me.

I tapped out after episode 4 because of the Laurel and Hardy skit. I just kind of fast forwarded through the last 2 episodes. Watched the climatic fight and that was it. Up to that point, I'd found the series dull and uninteresting for the most part, utterly devoid of tension. Aside from the little girl playing Leia and Indira Varma, I thought the acting was subpar. It looked good, mostly. I can't remember the music, so it can't have been that good.

Overall, it definitely wasn't in the Mandalorian, Rebels or Clone Wars league. Never watched Book of Bubba Fett. I won't compare TV shows to movies. For reference, I liked Rogue One (and have started watching Andor), didn't care for The Force Awakens, though probably for a different reason than most, never saw Last Jedi or Rise of Skywalker. I've tried 3 or 4 times to watch Solo, but just can't get past Woody.

I like a lot of the details in Obi Wan. World building.

- The old clone trooper begging for coins (consistently portrayed by Temuera Morrison)
- Obi Wan recollecting his childhood and family (and his brother; remember all the pre-Prequel chatter than Owen Lars was his brother? A fitting coincidence for this saga)
- meeting an alien who is pro-Empire ("what's wrong with a little law and order, eh?") and he's not completely unlikeable

Nothing is perfect, but my life is short.

RotJ has some great moment (Palpatine, Jabba's palace) but it was so weird how BORING our heroes became, eh? Han gave a couple of quips, for sure, but otherwise, even as a kid I noticed that Luke, Han and Leia were kind of... wooden?

RotJ has some great moment (Palpatine, Jabba's palace) but it was so weird how BORING our heroes became, eh? Han gave a couple of quips, for sure, but otherwise, even as a kid I noticed that Luke, Han and Leia were kind of... wooden?

I think they were all just cashing the checks by that point. Harrison Ford has never hidden his contempt for Han and the movies in general. Carrie Fisher was likely coked up and Mark Hamill still hadn't developed the acting chops that he has now. It had some good sequences, but was easily the weakest of the original trilogy. Still it was enjoyable. I wish the story of those characters had ended with it.

I just finished Obi Wan.

Help me! I’m a bitter old man, but I really enjoyed this series! Like, unironically!

What the fuck is wrong with meeeee?!

I went in expecting to hate it (I watched TONS of clickbait YouTube vids tearing this show apart). But I liked it! I actually got emotional?

Yes I’m a moron. True, I’m a simpleton who wasn’t smart enough to hang out with the geeks, not witty enough to hang out with the freaks and too weak to hang out with the preppies and normies. I never fit in, and dislike typical Star Wars fans and Trekkies/Trekkers.

Something’s wrong with me.

I just finished Obi Wan.

Help me! I’m a bitter old man, but I really enjoyed this series! Like, unironically!

I went in expecting to hate it (I watched TONS of clickbait YouTube vids tearing this show apart). But I liked it! I actually got emotional?

Yes I’m a moron. True, I’m a simpleton who wasn’t smart enough to hang out with the geeks, not witty enough to hang out with the freaks and too weak to hang out with the preppies and normies. I never fit in, and dislike typical Star Wars fans and Trekkies/Trekkers.

Have you considered hanging out with some teenagers to recharge your hate batteries?

I just finished Obi Wan.

Hey, I'm right there with you. Boba Fett was a let down (other than the Mando episodes), but this was good to me.

I just finished Obi Wan.

I liked it. Little Leia and her droid were cute as hell and it clipped along.

I just finished Obi Wan.

Absolutely nothing! I thought it was hot garbage; plot holes the size of Star Destroyers and just the basic stupidity of the whole thing. But you enjoyed it! You're the winner* here, not me! :thumbsup:

* As in, you've enjoyed something that we both watched and I didn't.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back