Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Many people didn’t understand the story at all. Even Alec Guinness wasn’t quite sure how it was all going to pan out. He famously called Star Wars “fairy tale rubbish” years later, but he knew there was something there. I think he was much, much more impressed by Lucas’ creativity than the story itself.

Wow, indeed! Epic is a fitting word for it. I wonder why he didn't want to do it, or couldn't do it?

“I heard from my father that he was offered the role of Obi Wan Kenobi, but he was concerned about how the film would look and that it would cheapen the image of samurai, on which George Lucas had based a lot of the character and fighting style.”
Yet, ever the film fanboy, Lucas was undeterred in his desire to have Mifune be part of his experimental effort and subsequently offered him a role in which his face, much like Kurosawa’s famous influential “fortress,” would be safely hidden underneath the visage of a black helmet as the villainous Darth Vader. However, this offer apparently did little to assuage Mifune’s reservations. As Mika further explains:
“At the time, sci-fi movies still looked quite cheap as the effects were not advanced and he had a lot of samurai pride. So then, there was talk about him taking the Darth Vader role as his face would be covered, but in the end he turned that down too.”

1666094073556.png

1666094060242.png

1666094047244.png

View attachment 50820

View attachment 50819

View attachment 50818
Nice little statuettes, but as a kid I never really had any use for toys like that. No posing (ie, couldn't sit them in my toy Millenium Falcon or Batmobile), couldn't interchange their weapons, etc...).

Someone got a set of these for my kids and they literally never did anything with them.

Nice little statuettes, but as a kid I never really had any use for toys like that. No posing (ie, couldn't sit them in my toy Millenium Falcon or Batmobile), couldn't interchange their weapons, etc...).

Someone got a set of these for my kids and they literally never did anything with them.
I'm thinking about getting them for dioramas.

I don’t believe there is currently a Star Wars rpg in print, is there? Any recommendations for adventures? I wouldn’t say I’m overly knowledgable about the Star Wars universe, but I can see my folks liking some low to no force adventures. Yes, I can pick up edge of the empire used, but getting them to learn new systems is painful, and I mostly want plot and beats help

I don’t believe there is currently a Star Wars rpg in print, is there? Any recommendations for adventures? I wouldn’t say I’m overly knowledgable about the Star Wars universe, but I can see my folks liking some low to no force adventures. Yes, I can pick up edge of the empire used, but getting them to learn new systems is painful, and I mostly want plot and beats help

FFG's (now Edge Studio) Star Wars just had a big reprint...

... Lots of it sold quite quickly though. Not a fan of it but it is in print again.

I've made my peace with Andor now. I didn't like it to begin with as it doesn't (or more accurately, didn't) feel like Star Wars to me. Now, the way I look at it (and enjoy it), is that Andor is more like one of those amazing old West End Games Star Wars RPG books that expanded the universe in a very real and serious way. Engaging with it like that has me enjoying it a lot more as Star Wars and not just as a really well put together, albeit slowly paced, SF show. I have a MilSpec sourcebook for Star Wars and it's really deep and serious. Andor reminds me of that in its feel - it tries to explain and show how the real world functions, its procedures, etc.

I thought it would pick up pace after the third episode and it didn't, apart from the occasional end to an episode, so that knocked me back. I don't think that's the point of it, though. I think the point is it explaining and showing how the Empire and the galaxy function to justify the Rebellion, like watching a living history show, almost. So, not many thrills and spills but more about showing what the galaxy is like and why the Rebellion was needed and how it grew. Episode 8 is set in a prison and its made me hate the Empire more than anything I've watched in the show so far. It's very Orwellian, work farm, etc. Very well done, I was really impressed with it.

It's nice to see a professionally put together show by Disney, for once. Their Marvel stuff is just shite, content for the sake of content and pandering to the lowest common denominator, as was Kenobi and Book of Fett. Mandalorian was good but Andor is very different. I'm actually surprised it got made.

FFG's (now Edge Studio) Star Wars just had a big reprint...

... Lots of it sold quite quickly though. Not a fan of it but it is in print again.
Thanks! I’m still interested in adventures, but it is good to know most of this will not be hard to acquire!

If your players have a hard time with new systems, the FFG Star Wars game might make it even harder. You are dealing with symbols on dice rather than numbers and that can add to confusion for some people.

On the bright side, there's the 'Dice Roller' app by vusttux (Android), that handles the weird FFG Star Wars dice, so no need to invest in* (or search the internet for) those special dice, if you just want to try out the new rules.

1666968899666.png

*) I discovered this after I bought a set for each of my players.

If your players have a hard time with new systems, the FFG Star Wars game might make it even harder. You are dealing with symbols on dice rather than numbers and that can add to confusion for some people.

On the bright side, there's the 'Dice Roller' app by vusttux (Android), that handles the weird FFG Star Wars dice, so no need to invest in* (or search the internet for) those special dice, if you just want to try out the new rules.

View attachment 51154

i brought up the special dice and symbols and the player most likely to learn the new system (outside of myself) said "lol, no"

so, i think back to adventures i can convert (which, frankly, i like)

There’s a ton of adventures out there on the internet (if your Google skills are good you will find them) that can be converted. They are mostly D6 and D20 adventures.

View attachment 51154

You still need to divine the result out of those funky symbols...

giphy.gif

I think part of it is that the players and the GM have to interpret the dice rolls under certain circumstances, like triumphs and despair results. It’s not just figuring out if the results succeed or fail. There’s sometimes additional steps because of narrative system.

The main thing to remember about advantage, threat is that if you can't immediately think of something to spend it on, there are very fast easy default things for it. 1 stress damage/heal per threat/advantage, or add a blue/black die to the next roll you make per threat/advantage.

You don't have to always try to figure out something unique if it doesn't come to you right off the bat.

I have binged Andor over this past fortnight, so I’m up to date now.

I had no expectations, but I must say that I feel it is quite good, one of the best of the Star Wars shows on Disney Plus. So far I have really enjoyed The Mandalorian and now I’m enjoying Andor.

It’s helping me get over the train wrecks of the Boba Fett and Obi-Wan streaming shows, as well as the Sequels films (all of which don’t make the grade for my Star Wars canon)

Anyone who liked Star Wars Rogue One will probably like Andor

Does Palpatine make an appearance on Coruscant? There's lots of political stuff with Mon Mothma. We never really got to see much of Sidious' political stuff outside of the Prequels (while he was still in "disguise").

Does Palpatine make an appearance on Coruscant? There's lots of political stuff with Mon Mothma. We never really got to see much of Sidious' political stuff outside of the Prequels (while he was still in "disguise").

Not yet although as one of the main characters is a Senator he comes up a lot. I suspect we won't see him, the show seems uninterested in cameos from familiar characters. Although it is still possible and think it could work well.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back