Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
It looks like some people were doing rankings.

1. A New Hope.
2. Empire.
3. Andor.
4. Rogue One.
5 Return of the Jedi.
6. WEG Star Wars Tales of the Jedi Companion
7. Other WEG Star Wars Source Material
10. I vaguely recall not regretting that I watched Solo.

I haven't seen anything else I consider worthy of the list. However, Eps I and II I disliked enough I've never seen III; similarly VII and VIII with IX.

Is it just me or not but almost every time I see Boba Fett the first thing that pops in my mind is “overrated” or “loser”. I don’t think The Book helped.
I’m with you. I have never understood why people creamed over a guy who came up with one good idea (floating out with the garbage), but then did nothing else notable other than being taken out by a blind person waving around a stick.

And I thought the show was boring at first, and then it got really stupid.

I have never understood why people creamed over a guy who came up with one good idea (floating out with the garbage), but then did nothing else notable other than being taken out by a blind person waving around a stick.

Remembering back in those mirky mists of time, it was Empire as to why we collectively fell in love with Fett. He was bad-ass, Vader dealt with him as an apparent equal, and he was just one step ahead of... everyone. Lucas admits to not understanding the love for him and if I remember interviews/articles back then he only put him in Jedi because of how much the fans loved him in Empire. I can therefore imagine George thinking, "I'll show those fanboys, I'm going to have him taken out like this... muaahahahaa!" It wouldn't be the first, or last, time a creator has done something to annoy fans - ie, "be careful what you demand; you asked for him to be in the next film, here you go... you saddos! :grin: :wink: :thumbsup:"

Whatever, he looked friggin' cool back then. Not the fat blimp we got recently. Same as Scout Troopers, love their design and those awesome speeder bikes. So cool.

Last edited:
The coolness of riding a dinosaur is negated when your gang is made up of children riding playground equipment,.
FI5B5BVUUAM0wmb.jpg:large

You want to see the kind of playground I had as a kid? I lived in Kuwait during the Iran-Iraq War. That's me in the blue shirt, out collecting spent brass machine gun casings near the northern border with my friends, so we could link them back together into belts as fashion accessories.
1675781276663.png

To think, if they hadn't blown the budget on chrome and mirrors, we could have had a stampeding dino in the background.

You want to see the kind of playground I had as a kid? I lived in Kuwait during the Iran-Iraq War. That's me in the blue shirt, out collecting spent brass machine gun casings near the northern border with my friends, so we could link them back together into belts as fashion accessories.
View attachment 56132
Well .... fuck. Fine, you win. Jerk. :grin: That's pretty bad ass.

The coolness of riding a dinosaur is negated when your gang is made up of children riding playground equipment,.
FI5B5BVUUAM0wmb.jpg:large

It was worse than that. They were called Mods and rode fucking Vespers, FFS.

God... I really hated Book of Bobar Fett.

God... I really hated Book of Bobar Fett.
There were parts that were good- but almost none of them involved Boba Fett. He was good with the Tuskens, and in the Justified sketch, and the duel (though I still say the wrong person won). Other than Empire, all the other places that he was good are now Legends...

Cad Bane is how you make a cool bounty hunter. Fett has always just been a wannabe compared to Bane.

Is it just me or not but almost every time I see Boba Fett the first thing that pops in my mind is “overrated” or “loser”. I don’t think The Book helped.

My half-baked theory is that young boys in particular are attracted to faceless badasses because they associate emotion with a vulnerability that scares them and so like to dream of being powerful badasses themselves.

As to carrying that into adulthood with no sense of irony or humour...

Luke Skywalker pretty much punked him and he was still a padawan. If he had faced Obi-Wan or somebody of that level, he would have got his ass kicked.
I think that's why they put in the part with Jango- to show how Boba should have been shown in the OT.

And that counters with the fact that mace windu has a lightsaber with Bad MF engraved on it. See Jango vs obi wan for a more even set up. They were trying to establish relative skill levels. And of course, that was just the coup de grace as bad ass as it is.

Last edited:
Due to the Clone Wars tv series I love the idea of a clone army and how they explored it.

I recall at the end of Attack of the Clones thinking, 'oh, that's a cool idea, too bad this movie sucked.'

But I was never a fan of the Ur-clone being based on Jango, I wonder who else they could have gone with that would have felt less fan-servicey.

So, Andor seems to have rekindled some of my lost passion for Star Wars. With little hope, I wondered if I might be able to watch the original trilogy without the accumulated cruft, and was pleasantly surprised to discover Harmy's Despecialized Editions, which I'm about to start watching.

Note: Technically, these may not be legal, but they're fanworks being made in plain view, with what appear to be sincere intentions to maintain artistic works of historical merit. Importantly, as best I can tell, no one at Disney or Lucasfilm seems to have displayed any interested in stamping on the project. I will, however, avoid specifying exactly where or how I acquired the files.

So, Andor seems to have rekindled some of my lost passion for Star Wars. With little hope, I wondered if I might be able to watch the original trilogy without the accumulated cruft, and was pleasantly surprised to discover Harmy's Despecialized Editions, which I'm about to start watching.

Note: Technically, these may not be legal, but they're fanworks being made in plain view, with what appear to be sincere intentions to maintain artistic works of historical merit. Importantly, as best I can tell, no one at Disney or Lucasfilm seems to have displayed any interested in stamping on the project. I will, however, avoid specifying exactly where or how I acquired the files.
I came across these a while back, maybe eight or ten years ago?, and they are the only version I watch now as they are the movies I watched in the theater as a kid when they came out. I can’t recommend them enough to anyone that saw the original releases in the theater.

Due to the Clone Wars tv series I love the idea of a clone army and how they explored it.

I recall at the end of Attack of the Clones thinking, 'oh, that's a cool idea, too bad this movie sucked.'

But I was never a fan of the Ur-clone being based on Jango, I wonder who else they could have gone with that would have felt less fan-servicey.
I'm not a fan of the choice either. I think the prequels went overboard on trying to tie things back to the original trilogy. This would be a good one to cut as it isn't like Boba Fett had any kind of meaningful relationship with any other character. Tying him to the clones doesn't create any real impact.

A better plan would have the clones made from a character introduced in The Phantom Menace. That way you get to have the clones made from a familiar character without everything being linked to the original movies. Maybe you could have them be Qui-Gon clones. Then there is some actual emotional impact when Obi-Wan discovers their identity.

That would make Rey a... niece of Rex? So retroactively Rex is an honorary Skywalker too.

Both my Star Wars and my D&D canon stop in 1985 although for Star Wars I include the 1985 entry of the second Ewok movie but for D&D I exclude Unearthed Arcana

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back