Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I think appreciation of ‘modern geek culture’ would be more of an impediment to being a good film director than a boon.

Totally agree. The classics from 1950s and earlier preferably are what are they should study.

Totally agree. The classics from 1950s and earlier preferably are what are they should study.

Totally agree. I consider the best American director today to be Paul Thomas Anderson and his films seem to studiously ignore modern trends in filmmaking. I remember him mentioning in an interview that he leaves TCM on in his house all the time so he can soak it up even when it is playing in the background.

giphy.gif

So the script girl must have mixed up the sides and this line was supposed to go to Greedo...
So in legends the bartender was some kind of master chemist because he spent his entire life devoted to creating alcohol for alien biologies.
Maybe Greedo was getting paid for... ahem... samples.... for alien alcohol?:shock:

Well Kathleen Kennedy said they're planning on an Old Republic movie(s)/TV series. My only hope is that Benioff/Weiss are the ones running it and that she has nothing to do with it directly.

I watched Solo earlier.

What an entirely average and throughly pointless charmless movie.

I watched Solo earlier.

It’s OK.

Nobody was asking for it. That was the problem. Now if you had said Ewan McGregor was going to reprise his role as Kenobi in an adventure on Tatooine fans would have been all over that.

I watched Solo earlier.

My son liked it. I watched about 85% of it with him one evening (didn't see the beginning). My feeling was the lead actor lacked charisma and wasn't especially good at the whole "acting" thing, and there was nothing about it that would have been any different had they given the protagonist a name other than Han Solo, but worst of all it was dull and too long. Every time I thought the movie was over, another scene started. Basically it felt like a movie that was made for no reason other than they figured it was easy :money:. But my son (age 9) is presumably the target audience and he ate it up with a spoon.
When are they going to remake The Ewok movie, that's what I want to know?!

An Ewok prequel trilogy! It's what every fan has been waiting for
My daughter (age 7) would :heart: that.
Guest starring Jar Jar Binks and Chewie's Dad from the Holiday special.
Not his son Lumpy?
Lumpy.jpg
Maybe he can team up with the Ewoks for a Life Day adventure.

I feel bad for the actor who played him, heard he had a really rough time of it from fans who can't distinguish film from reality. He was just hired to do a job and did it. Bet the guys who played Jawas never had to put up with that crap

I feel bad for the actor who played him, heard he had a really rough time of it from fans who can't distinguish film from reality. He was just hired to do a job and did it. Bet the guys who played Jawas never had to put up with that crap

Good news on that front.

Watch, in a few years Solo will start to be reassesed as underappreciated. Kinda how back in the day fans were mixed on Empire but many prominent film critics like Kael were more postive. Ironically it was the fans who came round to the critics viewpoint over time whereas the opposite is usually true.

Good news on that front.

Watch, in a few years Solo will start to be reassesed as underappreciated. Kinda how back in the day fans were mixed on Empire but many prominent film critics like Kael were more postive. Ironically it was the fans who came round to the critics viewpoint over time whereas the opposite is usually true.

Um, no.

The problem with Jar Jar isn't the actor. I'm sure he's great.

When are they going to remake The Ewok movie, that's what I want to know?!

An Ewok prequel trilogy! It's what every fan has been waiting for

I would love to write an Ewok bounty-hunter story. Some Ewok that got pulled off planet by pirates or the Empire that suddenly gets free, and ends up becoming a badass working for the Hunter Syndicates... hell yeah.

I would love to write an Ewok bounty-hunter story. Some Ewok that got pulled off planet by pirates or the Empire that suddenly gets free, and ends up becoming a badass working for the Hunter Syndicates... hell yeah.
Last time we played West End Star Wars my son was the bounty hunter and my daughter was the Ewok who worked with him.
s538105117500007692_p19_i1_w2340.jpg

So has anyone used the Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars RPG? Can ya tell me about it?

I have! Extensively. I own every single book they've released for all three lines.

I've talked about this game rather extensively in other places... what exactly do you wanna know?

I have! Extensively. I own every single book they've released for all three lines.

I've talked about this game rather extensively in other places... what exactly do you wanna know?
I just wanted to get a feel for the system it uses and see if I could use the system for a homebrew setting or if it's too embedded into Star Wars.

Okay - let me preface this with: I had *EXTREEEEEME* reservations about purchasing Edge of the Empire when it dropped because it looked like a really screwy system with really screwy gimmicky dice. And you'll see lots of people complain about it. I'm also not super-fond of narrative mechanics generally.

But after watching a lot of reviews (positive and negative) and going online and sniffing around, I watched the Game Geeks review and it convinced me to at least try it out.

Let me dispel a few things. The Dice are gimmicky. But they work. There are narrative mechanics - but they're totally optional.

The system is easy. You have Stats that range from 1-6 (2 being normal). Same with Skills. The diepool consists of the larger of the two numbers (in d8's). The smaller of the stats upgrades your die-pool by that number to d12's

Example: So let's say you have an Agility of 4 (really agile) and a Ranged (Light) skill of 3. That mean you die-pool to shoot stuff is 4. It would consist of 3 d12's and 1d8.

The dice don't have numbers, they have symbols for successes and for advantages.

You difficulty to do anything normally are two purple d8's with opposing symbols on them. The higher the difficulty - the more purple d8's go into your pool. Still with me?

So you roll them ALL together. Failures cancel out Successes and Threats cancel out each other. What is left is the results of your roll. If you have any successes left - you succeed! If you have more successes you succeed more. If you have Advantages you can spend them for mechanical benefits (depends on your Talents and gear) OR the GM can give you some narrative benefits. Opposite is true for Disadvantages.

At first I thought it would be a silly system. After running a small adventure of my own - including space combat - I was shocked at how well it worked for myself, not to mention my group. It *felt* very very cinematic and.... it felt like Star Wars.

THAT SAID...

If you're wanting to to use the system without the Star Wars bits - they got you covered: Genesys. It's their core system stripped down to be used for any genre.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back