The Thirteen Moons of Shamballa (in-character thread)

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Reaction score
"You wanna sleep in the shit, be my guest," says Buttersocks.

Although Major Hunter does his best not to laugh, the gladiators in close proximity have been watching with rapt attention and cannot help but guffaw as the situation turns from merely ridiculous to sublimely humorous to them.

I think we need Spisaresvski to make a Dexterity roll to see how well he accomplishes his trick--or if he accomplishes it at all.

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Do I get no bonus for having done that before:grin:?
It's a 9 on 4d6, BTW.

Dumarest

Reaction score
Spisarevski spectacularly misjudges the speed and force necessary to free the sheet without dislodging Buttersocks, and instead pulls both sheet and Lord of Picklenut Forest onto himself, the smaller man landing face to face and nose to nose on top of Spisarevski.

As the crowd gathers in anticipation of fisticuffs or possibly outright murder, an older gladiator with a wiry frame and ropy muscles leans toward Hunter's left ear and whispers, "If you seek to escape, speak to me when everyone else is asleep."

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Spisarevsky lifts the gnome and puts him back on the bed.
"You don't even have the inertia of bottles, little man. Rest, now, on the bed - I'll set my sheets on the floor."
And he proceeds to make his own accommodation. He's slept on the floor while on the march towards the trenches - that's no worse, here.

Shemek hiTankolel

Tsolyani Refugee
Reaction score
Spisarevski spectacularly misjudges the speed and force necessary to free the sheet without dislodging Buttersocks, and instead pulls both sheet and Lord of Picklenut Forest onto himself, the smaller man landing face to face and nose to nose on top of Spisarevski.

As the crowd gathers in anticipation of fisticuffs or possibly outright murder, an older gladiator with a wiry frame and ropy muscles leans toward Hunter's left ear and whispers, "If you seek to escape, speak to me when everyone else is asleep."
Major Hunter bursts out laughing at the absurdity of the situation in spite of his intention to pretend to be asleep. He will surreptitiously mark who spoke, and discretely, and marginally nod to him.
"Spisarevski old bean. That just won't do at all. Sleep over here, next to my bunk so the Buttersocks doesn't jump on you in your sleep."

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Taking in account the Major's words, Spisarevski moved his humble accommodation.

Dumarest

Reaction score
Unless Hunter or Spisarevski do something, the gladiator quarters settle down, though an air of disappointment permeates the room as the others were clearly anticipating more entertainment, perhaps a fight; soon all lights are out and loud snoring resounds throughout the chamber. You hear Buttersocks mutter, "How am I supposed to sleep in all this racket? Nobody ever thinks of the little people..."

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Spisarevski goes peacefully to sleep, grinning at the "issues" of Buttersocks. Obviously a big bed does not a happy night make!

Shemek hiTankolel

Tsolyani Refugee
Reaction score
OOC: Are the barracks completely dark, or is there some light?
Major Hunter will wait until he is sure all are asleep, and gently wake Spisarevski by lightly tapping his arm. Once he awakens Spisarevski he will motion for silence and whisper softly close to his ear what the other gladiator said.

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Once he is awake and hears it, Spisarevski nods and whispers l.
"OK. You wake the catboy, I shall wake up Gilpo".

Dumarest

Reaction score
OOC: Are the barracks completely dark, or is there some light?
Almost completely dark, but there is a flickering light that edges slightly into the gladiator quarters from beneath the door to the corridor to the banquet hall, as well as from beneath the locked metal door at this end of the room, where your bunks are located.
Major Hunter will wait until he is sure all are asleep, and gently wake Spisarevski by lightly tapping his arm. Once he awakens Spisarevski he will motion for silence and whisper softly close to his ear what the other gladiator said.
Once he is awake and hears it, Spisarevski nods and whispers l.
"OK. You wake the catboy, I shall wake up Gilpo".
As you prod Sinbar and Gilipollas awake, Spisarevski feels a large hand fall gently upon his shoulder and hears the gruff voice of Feoduro, the eight-foot fighter, lowered to a raspy whisper as he says, "Ah, I had a feeling you'd be awake and seeking my bunk. Don't be embarrassed; the new meat often does."

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Almost completely dark, but there is a flickering light that edges slightly into the gladiator quarters from beneath the door to the corridor to the banquet hall, as well as from beneath the locked metal door at this end of the room, where your bunks are located.

As you prod Sinbar and Gilipollas awake, Spisarevski feels a large hand fall gently upon his shoulder and hears the gruff voice of Feoduro, the eight-foot fighter, lowered to a raspy whisper as he says, "Ah, I had a feeling you'd be awake and seeking my bunk. Don't be embarrassed; the new meat often does."
Spisarevski turns around on his heels and toes, thus moving aside from the hand.
"You...sleep lightly indeed, Feoduro! I barely had the time to take a night walk when you spotted me. Or did you have other plans, perhaps?"
While speaking, he also checks where the Major is relative to the gladiator and waits for him to knock him out from behind.

Shemek hiTankolel

Tsolyani Refugee
Reaction score
Spisarevski turns around on his heels and toes, thus moving aside from the hand.
"You...sleep lightly indeed, Feoduro! I barely had the time to take a night walk when you spotted me. Or did you have other plans, perhaps?"
While speaking, he also checks where the Major is relative to the gladiator and waits for him to knock him out from behind.
OOC: Major Hunter will go for the kill in this instance, not wishing to take any chances. As Spisarevski is distracting the Gladiator, Hunter will come up behind him and break his neck.
What should I roll?

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Spisarevski will help as soon as the lord approaches...by grasping the gladiator's hands, as if taking a sudden decision.
Preferably at the exact moment Hunter makes his move.

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Reaction score
OOC: just to let you know, I'll be posting from my phone for the next two weeks, possibly/hopefully more. If I'm not being detailed, please excuse me by virtue of the medium.

Dumarest

Reaction score
Holidays?
Have great time!!!!
Just to be clear, this is what Spisarevski and Hunter are saying during their attempt at murder? :hehe:

No weapons, just his hands. So Hand to Hand?
He will try and snap the amorous gladiator's neck.

HtoH 5D I roll a 23.
What is Hunter's Strength code? Roll it for damage, or tell me and I'll roll it for you.
Spisarevski will help as soon as the lord approaches...by grasping the gladiator's hands, as if taking a sudden decision.
Preferably at the exact moment Hunter makes his move.
We need a Brawling roll for Spisarevski as well as a Strength roll for damage, or tell me how does and I can roll it for you.

Last edited:

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Reaction score
OOC: Why? You mean we need to roll to succeed? Preposterous!
I don't have access to Orokos.com on my phone, and what my diceroller gives me is unverifiable, so you roll for me. Brawling 5d, Strength 3d.

IC: Spisarevski tries first and foremost to use the advantage of surprise to make Hunter's attack easier. Of course, he wouldn't refuse dealing some damage himself, say with a single leg, or failing that, a knee to the groin followed by fists behind the ear.

Last edited:

Shemek hiTankolel

Tsolyani Refugee
Reaction score
Hear! Hear! I'm in the wilderness of Northern Ontario fighting off hordes of black flies, and having no success in catching fish. Probably because of the monsoon like rain we're having... :grin:

My Strength is 4D, and I have a + 1D for hand to hand.