The Tolkien Mega-Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Is it me, or is his actual writing just fantastic? Not the words, but the actual writing? It just has this elegance to it that we don't see any longer...

I'm retired and spending the winters in Arizona, and just found out from my neighbor there that his father was the head librarian at Marquette Univ (Milwaukee) back in the day, and got to go to Oxford to meet Tolkien and pick up his papers after Tolkien sold them to that school.

And that's my brush with greatness. :smile:

This is really cool...

First monster is Cthulhu, so worth watching from the start, but the second monster is the Balrog and I think he nails it. A really cool interpretation and, for me, far truer to the books rather than the 'standard demon' we got in the films - even though it was awesome on the screen!

Is it me, or is his actual writing just fantastic? Not the words, but the actual writing? It just has this elegance to it that we don't see any longer...
I think writing with a fountain pen encouraged/required/rewarded good penmanship. Ball-points and other later pen styles do not, or not as much.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back