The upside to coronovirus!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
92850566_10219529161032461_596714460861693952_o.png

It isn't hard, but it also isn't hard to push back legally. Given what happened in Wisconsin, I would be surprised to see it happen in other states (where the safety of people doesn't seem to factor into the decision of the court)

Also, people will find a way around it. Look at the illegal club in San Francisco, which took them weeks to find before closing down. Who knows how that will affect how many got infected because hundreds chose to ignore their own safety to party

I think the distinctions between a rock concert and voting laws are pretty substantial.

As to people doing stupid stuff because they are individuals and basically selfish, sure I can see secret parties becoming (actually continuing to be) a thing. Some garage band playing an underground concert for 200 people is a huge difference from a baseball game or major concert with 20,000 in attendance. Oregon may not have been hit hard so far but they have signed onto a west coast pact with California and Washington in regards to establishing / reducing social distancing practices.

It's not as likely this time around as for Spanish Flu it was WWI and trench warfare that naturally selected a more lethal strain. Basically the very sick were sent away from the trenches, while mild cases remained, allowing the more lethal strains to become the dominant ones in the global population.

Or at least that's what I've read.

The videos I linked mentioned the effect of WW1 which played a major part because of troop movements and a lack of news about the flu so many were unaware of it in 1918. There wasn't much news about the flu during the war because "bad news" was seen as unpatriotic so there was very little coverage. That is also how it became known as the Spanish flu. It didn't originate in Spain, but since Spain was not a part of the war it was one of the few nations where "flu news" was being reported in 1918. In 1919 no war so no restriction on the news.

It’s from 1986, written for Transformers: The Movie.

Because I don't have anything better to do than be pedantic on the Internet today, it's actually from the album Dare to be Stupid, but it was later re-used on the Transformers soundtrack.

Because I don't have anything better to do than be pedantic on the Internet today, it's actually from the album Dare to be Stupid, but it was later re-used on the Transformers soundtrack.
I coulda sworn Yankovic said he’d written it for the movie but I can’t find it anymore. *shrug*

If I had young children and a wicked streak I would be tempted to plant a Snickers wrapper, after a few days swap it for a new ‘Fun Size’ Snickers, then a few days more swap it was a regular bar... (even better if you have a ‘hero’ size option, too)
You're my kind of scum!

If I had young children and a wicked streak I would be tempted to plant a Snickers wrapper, after a few days swap it for a new ‘Fun Size’ Snickers, then a few days more swap it was a regular bar... (even better if you have a ‘hero’ size option, too)
That would be funny until your kids started leaving all their candy wrappers in your yard.

Ha! I might try that with my nephew later, but right now I'm looking high and low for some pizza seed. Can anyone point me in the right right direction? I'm good with take-out or good frozen at this point.

When I was a little kid my dad would duck behind the railing of the back porch and throw cookies down to me (grass yard so relatively soft landing). Later he would ask if I has seen the cookie clouds that went over the house raining cookies. Even at 3 or 4 I don't think I fell for it, but one does not look cookie bearing clouds in the mouth (or something like that).

When I was a little kid my dad would duck behind the railing of the back porch and throw cookies down to me (grass yard so relatively soft landing). Later he would ask if I has seen the cookie clouds that went over the house raining cookies. Even at 3 or 4 I don't think I fell for it, but one does not look cookie bearing clouds in the mouth (or something like that).
Sounds like you had/have a good dad.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back