The upside to coronovirus!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I'm sure that I have it. I'm getting winded easily and generally feel sick. No fever or cough though, so I'm just going to isolate in order to not spread it around. I'll probably go to the hospital if I start to feel worse. I figure it's not a good idea to risk getting the doctor sick just so they can tell me what I already know. This sucks.
Look after yourself. You are probably right to just stay home, but don't hesitate to get help if things take a turn for the worse.

Been sick for over two weeks now, and now my wife is sick. Was told by doctors it was just the flu, but they don't know for sure because basically unless you are sick enough to be hospitalized they won't test you in the US. So we're just sitting at home and staying away from people. My mom is picking up groceries for us and dropping them off at the door.

We're fine, neither of us are showing any extreme symptoms, but yeah, may be some financial struggles as while I work from home already so my work is fine, she is having to take time off work and doesn't get paid time off.

But it is what it is.
How high temperatures have you had? I read one Irish guy having 39,4C (about 103F), and I was thinking that's waay too high for a guy my age.

Thanks for the answer. Get well soon, both of you'se :thumbsup:

This morning straight out of night shift I went to the supermarket and managed to find almost everything I needed except sour cream...

Some people think this is heresy but I use plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Less fat, tastes great. But I have damn near been burned at the stake for mentioning it.

Some people think this is heresy but I use plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Less fat, tastes great. But I have damn near been burned at the stake for mentioning it.
Sour cream is better, but yogurt is fine. I've done it on potatoes and tacos.

New bad campaign idea. Players play pandemic contagions personified as cute anime girls, and compete to see who can cause the most damage.

I have seen Corona-chan, so one player could have a character illustration.

The virus is affecting people’s moods and that even has an effect on online behavior. I’m just hoping this crisis is mostly over by the end of summer so people’s spirits can be lifted.

I'll be honest, I have severe anxiety issues even on a normal day and this has been pushing me through the roof.

Though my brain does find weird solace in knowing that if everything falls apart right now, at least no one will blame me for it.

Inquiring minds want to know....

90034290_10158238028019962_2535761305877348352_n.jpg

I'll be honest, I have severe anxiety issues even on a normal day and this has been pushing me through the roof.

Though my brain does find weird solace in knowing that if everything falls apart right now, at least no one will blame me for it.
I don't have anxiety in general and this shit is getting to me so you have my empathy and no it is not your fault!

The virus is affecting people’s moods and that even has an effect on online behavior. I’m just hoping this crisis is mostly over by the end of summer so people’s spirits can be lifted.

I'll attest to that. Allot of folks have thin skinned, short tempered and aggressive as Hell recently, possibly me too without realizing it I hope I haven't said or done anything I'm going to regret when the stress eases and self awareness kicks in, but right now i understand how various current event could make any one on edge, particularly with faceless people on the other side of a screen.

I was only in the office on Tuesday to pick up some deliveries, after receiving messages strongly suggesting that we WFH; I left at about two, got home, and then immediately went to bed because I needed to calm down. My conditions aren't as bad as yours, but I still needed to stop for a while.

It's gonna be a tough sprint, but we can all get through this as long as we stay calm and help each other locally where we can.

Keep Calm and Game On

I was only in the office on Tuesday to pick up some deliveries, after receiving messages strongly suggesting that we WFH; I left at about two, got home, and then immediately went to bed because I needed to calm down. My conditions aren't as bad as yours, but I still needed to stop for a while.

It's gonna be a tough sprint, but we can all get through this as long as we stay calm and help each other locally where we can.

I have felt the same way over the past week, using sleep as a defense mechanism against the stress of the current situation.

Equally as important has been turning off the 24/7 news coverage which certainly has the effect of causing more anxiety. The past few days I've watched less than 30 minutes of news a day and even that feels like too much.

Last edited:
Yeah that is a pretty evil thing to admit!

Thanks for the yoghurt tip, but I texted my wife and she checked out the supermarket after her day shift and found sour cream. The hoarding seems to be decreasing. Either that or the supermarket has increased their supply somewhat.

Working from home this week as a "vulnerable" person with underlying illnesses. May be redeployed once HR gets into gear. Nearest office is Fire &Rescue/Police HQ.

Daughter and her BF coming back from uni in London. Bloody mucky students, probably more of a health risk than anything to date :hehe:

I have felt the same way over the past week, using sleep as a defense mechanism against the stress of the current situation.

Equally as important has been turning off the 24/7 news coverage which certainly has the effect of causing more anxiety. The past few days I've watched less than 30 minutes of news a day and even that feels like too much.

I've mostly been watching people playing the new Overwatch Hero on Twitch because it seems like the only place I can go and not hear about COVID.

There a new hero out? Might be a time to return to the game, providing Sombra can't upload my PS4 with Coronoa :grin:

I'm sure that I have it. I'm getting winded easily and generally feel sick. No fever or cough though, so I'm just going to isolate in order to not spread it around. I'll probably go to the hospital if I start to feel worse. I figure it's not a good idea to risk getting the doctor sick just so they can tell me what I already know. This sucks.
Shortness of breath and feeling tired and achy are two signs, but usually a dry cough is one too. If in a few days you don’t get a cough or fever, it might have been something else. Self-quarantining is good though. If you’re lucky, in a few days you might be fine even if you got it. In some people it’s very mild.

Well I been given leave from my day job in Pennsylvania. Two week of vacation time until the new law kicks in April 2nd. Then two more weeks after that. Although because I worked these week I will have at least five paychecks coming.

If it goes on longer the company will shift their mid-summer shutdown (a 3rd week of paid vacation) to extend the time to a sixth paycheck.

If I actually get sick then I can use my Aflac policy.

At my work, orders from physical book stores are decreasing but online orders are increasing. Our healthcare division is incredibly busy. Daily, between 10-20% of the employees are on sick leave because of cold or flu-like symptoms. Office department is mostly working from home.

On a lesser note, the the transfer point in Belgium is running on a skeleton crew, with 38 people dismissed temporarily.

Hospitals in the south, where the worst outbreak is, are overrun and transferring patients to hospitals in the other provinces.

2994 positive tests, 281 IC patients, 106 deaths.

Last edited:
I'm about to brave the outside world to see if I can do some food shopping, and hopefully get a roll of toilet paper :tongue:

Sounds bad, stay safe!
Not venturing into politics, but I must say I have faith in the course our government and experts are taking. The response seems rational and considered. (No lying or dismissive presidents helps as well.)

Perhaps they could take measures to stop the hoarding behaviour, besides repeatedly telling everybody not to.

Perhaps they could take measures to stop the hoarding behaviour, besides repeatedly telling everybody not to.

That's something the stores should do themselves imho. I think they started limiting how much of certain items you can buy here in Oregon (as well as setting certain hours for people who are more at risk). They should have done so in the first place, but (at least here in the US) the seriousness was downplayed, so greed overcame common sense.

Apparently, hordes of idiots decided to take to forests, parks, beaches, markets, refuse points and DIY stores because the weather was nice... I think these folks could do with just a wee bit more panic.

We only went out to the supermarket for our daily shopping. No toilet paper and cut mixed vegetables this time.

3631 positive tests, 354 IC patients, 136 deaths, 836 hospitalized or released

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back