The upside to coronovirus!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I,'" said Gandalf.
"...and so do all who live to see such times.
But that is not for them to decide.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

1587981399352.png

Just sayin' :thumbsup:

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I,'" said Gandalf.
"...and so do all who live to see such times.
But that is not for them to decide.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

View attachment 17500

Just sayin' :thumbsup:
My brother in law and his wife and daughter just left new Zealand. It seemed like the one place where normality just might return soon other than out of country travel. I think if she wasn't pregnant and wanting to be home they would have stayed indefinitely. I hope for you it's true. Or am I remembering incorrectly and you're actually in Australia which is as hosed as the rest of us

My brother in law and his wife and daughter just left new Zealand. It seemed like the one place where normality just might return soon other than out of country travel. I think if she wasn't pregnant and wanting to be home they would have stayed indefinitely. I hope for you it's true. Or am I remembering incorrectly and you're actually in Australia which is as hosed as the rest of us
Nope, I'm one of the Aussies.
However it would be a good time to be a Kiwi.

Australia hasn't fared as well as NZ, and we have been in social distancing lockdown since just before Easter.

The COVID-19 numbers are relatively low when compared to the reports I see from other countries, and we certainly haven't yet experienced the catastrophe that is occurring elsewhere.

In fact, many people here naively believe we may be thru this soon.

I am a health care worker, so I'm fully aware of how ignorant those voices are sounding.

Last edited:
D'aaawwwww

94738784_152326896285728_5228575894888513536_n.png

The Incal is very French. I don't know if it's satire, self-mocking or just a mess.

Jodorowsky always struck me as more part of the Spanish-language tradition of surreal shock like Bunuel, Arabal, etc. A lot less sophisticated than those two of course. I do find his comics more successful than his films although I really like his late-period Sante Sangre.

There is definitely some satire in Jodorowsky but it is a little shallow and adolescent, he tends to believe his own BS.

Last edited:
Eye pf the Beholder I guess, one person "Awwww, adorable..." is another's"AHHHHH! Kill it with fire!" :grin:
Or in my case, "hey, this is going to be so adorable once you kill it with fire":gunslinger:!

My wife's contract was renewed! She now has a contract of indefinite duration, like me. I had hopes but it wasn't certain what our employer was going to decide. So yeah, very good news.

During the past year she's had to report a case of workplace bullying, a case of sexual harassment and a case of theft. :thumbsdown: These people were all fired. Because of victim blaming, a couple of her colleagues were secretly hoping for her contract to not be renewed, so muwahahahaaaaa.

Also, numbers of IC occupants and daily deaths are decreasing. Primary schools and daycare are re-opening May 11th. They're being very cautious so for now, all the other measures of our so-called "intelligent lockdown" remain the same.

Last edited:
A fellow who goes by Drift0r is one of the people I subscribe to on YouTube. He mostly is known for doing video game help videos but also does commentary videos on real-world issues. He just did one about the coronovirus that I recommend. Disclaimer: There’s a bit of political content, mostly in discussion of worldwide relations.

We celebrate Remembrance of the Dead on May 4 and Liberation Day on May 5. Liberation Day is a national holiday once every 5 years, including this year, so we took May 4 off as well and are having a nice long weekend. All large events have been cancelled of course, and the ceremony for Remembrance of the Dead will be performed without an audience.

Normally, it looks like this:

aaa-de-dam-op-4-mei.jpg

The country-wide two minutes of silence (8:00 - 8:02 pm) will possibly be quieter than ever.

links:
Remembrance of the Dead - Wikipedia
Liberation Day (Netherlands) - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Remembrance of the Dead 2020

anp-410195411.jpg

2019 vs. 2020
403373.w2000.r3-1.7f1a7dc.q90.jpg

I'm generally not that interested in ceremonies of patriotic flag-waving and military display, and I care little about the royal family, but I take Remembrance of the Dead rather seriously. I always adhere to the two minutes silence and have asked my Mexican wife to do the same ever since she came to the Netherlands.

Last edited:
This whole thing reminds me of an episode of the horribly named tv show "Sliders" where the main characters go to a version of earth that is under constant quarantine due to a super-virus. All the people were wearing clean-room suits and the food served at restaurants was served cold in vacuum sealed bags. "Sliders" was on Netflix but I guess it isn't anymore.
My Culinary program is going to be doing in the kitchen classes again, with a bunch of sanitation protocols in place. Last quarter we didn't have finals because everything shutdown the day we had them scheduled, so some of my classmates who were failing and dragging everyone else down with them got free rides to continue this quarter. I'm worried that they won't take any of the sanitation protocols seriously, but I have confidence that my teacher will crack down on their asinine behavior.

I find the lack of new memes on this thread disturbing.

Well, Drivethru emailed today to let me know it can now take up to 24 business days to process a PoD order. They sent it to me as I have some print books on order, and they haven't shipped yet. No biggie for me, but was glad for the head's up

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back