The upside to coronovirus!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
97345657_10158558445979225_8384603780515102720_n.png

I found out a friend of mine is putting his increased free time to good use. He'd been running a Pathfinder game for a local group. His 14 yr old son had joined and was enjoying himself. so much that his little sister and some of her friends became curious. So my friend starting a game for them. At least report, all involved are having a great time.

I drove to the old office and salvaged a dual monitor set up for my home office. I can't imagine working with a single monitor any more, it's like using the Internet with a single tab.

Reactions: dbm
Social distancing has been working for me.

Nobody on the street. Nobody come up to me asking for change, the time, direction, or my underwear. Nobody coming up to me asking, "Noman, why you so fly?" And I'm like:

Also I've been able to catch up on anime. I'm on in the early to mid 300s of One Piece.

Also RPG stuff. Like, a lot. Preparing but not playing. Screw you, 2020.

Since I've been home for the past 2.5 months, I decided early on that my 5 year old could stay at home with me while I work. I figured I could manage.
1. I've always appreciated my mom, who was stay-at-home, but to handle me and my brother? Big props.
2. Managing him and my job, considering we butt heads at least once a day? Completely worth it.

I'm now required by law to wear a face mask.

I can't tell you how happy this has made me.

I get to strut down the street with a black bandanna around my face, sunglasses, and ballcap, and the popo don't bother me.

I'm going into banks and gas stations like this!

It's like a dream come true!

People yell at me if I don't dress like a gansta wannabe! Old women!

I love this country and everyone in it.

Last edited:
When the lockdowns started, I got a call from an old buddy of mine who's heavy into survivalism. It went something like this:

Me: "Hello?"

My buddy: "I WAS RIGHT!!!"

Me: *holds phone away from ear*

My buddy: "I was right, noman! This is it! This is the end! You're all DOOMED! All of my preparations were worth it! HAHAHA!"

Me: "It's not the end."

My buddy: "Bullshit! That's just wishful thinking. You've got nothing to back that up."

Me: "I just ordered a bunch of vegan, fake meat burritos from Del Taco. It got delivered to my door. I'm eating it now while watching an anime about high school girls driving around in tanks and blowing shit up. It's not the end."

A long pause followed.

My buddy: "You're a real asshole. You know that, right?"

Me: "2019 wasn't the end of the decade."

My buddy: *Hangs up*

I'm waiting on my official Devo face masks, 4 weeks out though so I have to hope Corona virus has some staying power so I'll get to wear them and show off my Devo bling.

I'm waiting on my official Devo face masks, 4 weeks out though so I have to hope Corona virus has some staying power so I'll get to wear them and show off my Devo bling.

I got my Chaosium masks a week or so ago. I've been slowly driving everyone mad by wearing the Yellow Sign on my face for a week! Who needs the King in Yellow play, when you can casually infect people's minds by wearing the Yellow Sign! I figure I've infected about 500 people or so in a week's time. I know the people at my job are definitely showing signs; twitchy eyes, the little slobber at the side of their mouth, the pasty skin from staying up a few days drawing alien sigils on the walls of their homes.... It's glorious! Hastur well be so pleased!

(If only! So far, the best I got was compliments of how nice my masks looks :clown: )

Yes it was. Decades aren’t counted like centuries or millennia :tongue:

Boooo!

NYT article

Summery:

Using a modified Julian date, the 2020s will begin on Jan. 1, 2021, Dr. Mac Low said.

But that is out of sync with common usage. According to Emily Brewster, a senior editor at Merriam-Webster, a decade in popular culture is not defined by scientific convention. Because of this, the 2020s will begin on Jan. 1, 2020, and end on Dec. 31, 2029, Ms. Brewster said.

“It is interesting that there is this arbitrariness,” she said. “It’s unconventional, like language.”

Like most things these days, it's a matter of perception and choice. It depends on whether one wants to go with the common usage or the usage of the United States Naval Observatory. It doesn't really matter. I use both because doing so lets me get my party on two years in a row. :wink::drink:

I got my Chaosium masks a week or so ago. I've been slowly driving everyone mad by wearing the Yellow Sign on my face for a week! Who needs the King in Yellow play, when you can casually infect people's minds by wearing the Yellow Sign! I figure I've infected about 500 people or so in a week's time. I know the people at my job are definitely showing signs; twitchy eyes, the little slobber at the side of their mouth, the pasty skin from staying up a few days drawing alien sigils on the walls of their homes.... It's glorious! Hastur well be so pleased!

(If only! So far, the best I got was compliments of how nice my masks looks :clown: )

I wasn't aware of these, I like that 1st ed CoC cover.

I keep thinking about The Princess bride.

Fezik - Why are you wearing a mask, were you horribly burned by acid?

Wesley / Dread Pirate Roberts - No, I find they are very comfortable, I think everybody will be wearing one in the future.

Boooo!

NYT article

Summery:

Using a modified Julian date, the 2020s will begin on Jan. 1, 2021, Dr. Mac Low said.

But that is out of sync with common usage. According to Emily Brewster, a senior editor at Merriam-Webster, a decade in popular culture is not defined by scientific convention. Because of this, the 2020s will begin on Jan. 1, 2020, and end on Dec. 31, 2029, Ms. Brewster said.

“It is interesting that there is this arbitrariness,” she said. “It’s unconventional, like language.”

Like most things these days, it's a matter of perception and choice. It depends on whether one wants to go with the common usage or the usage of the United States Naval Observatory. It doesn't really matter. I use both because doing so lets me get my party on two years in a row. :wink::drink:
That would mean that in common usage, the first decennium started Jan. 1, 1BC since 0AD isn't actually a year. Personally, I'm perfectly fine with this, but I'm sure a lot of people would be confused by this fact so it's funny to call it "common usage". :hehe:

That would mean that in common usage, the first decennium started Jan. 1, 1BC since 0AD isn't actually a year. Personally, I'm perfectly fine with this, but I'm sure a lot of people would be confused by this fact so it's funny to call it "common usage". :hehe:
See, that's the thing though. Decades don't matter except when you're referring to periods that you can remember, or that were important to shaping recent culture. When we say "the 20s" we mean the 1920s. Nobody really talks about the 1820s or 1720s colloquially. Once they're that far away, we're talking about full centuries or more specific events with their own timetables. Once it's in history, decades are irrelevant. Then the scientific definitions matter, and we're usually just talking about centuries at that point.

This entire issue is irrelevant because we all know time is relative and calendars only exist to remind me how long I've been in lockdown.

Things I've been doing since the lockdown:

• Watching a shit-ton of anime.
  • Preparing for a Scarlet Heroes campaign.
    • I mapped out the whole fucking Westmark using Hex Kit.
  • Taking a hard look at Labyrinth Lord.
  • Watching even more anime.
  • Reading. Lots and lots of reading.
  • Doing a lot of calisthenics.
  • Eating a lot of Oreos.
  • Getting into angry arguments with myself over who's the most badass character in One Piece: Luffy or Zoro.
  • Realizing the answer is Robin.
  • More Oreos.
  • Reexamining my perception of the objective Universe and my place in it.
  • Watching even more anime.

This entire issue is irrelevant because we all know time is relative and calendars only exist to remind me how long I've been in lockdown.
The realization that the year 0 isn't actually a year, is quite mind-blowing IME, which is a lot of fun.

CBS is selling face masks with art/logos from their shows. I'm not paying 18.95 for a mask, but damn if this Borg one doesn't look sweet:

ST-P-BMASK-Adult_FaceMask-Mockup_720x.jpg

One person's thoughts on future

103438189_10158844777478395_729760950027061579_n.png
And the added expense of an Uber and all those annoying other folks complaining about the weak drinks.

It's gonna be real interesting seeing what people are like after having 2+ months to just be themselves 24/7. I predict a lot of hugs and barfights.

And the added expense of an Uber and all those annoying other folks complaining about the weak drinks.

It's gonna be real interesting seeing what people are like after having 2+ months to just be themselves 24/7. I predict a lot of hugs and barfights.

Probably a lot of bar fights followed by hugs too. :hehe:

LOL I was a bartender for years and don't miss the ignorant lowlifes who show up to a bar with $5 in their pocket and complain about weak drinks.
I was in college and poor! And just odd socially. Now I show up with $20 and complain about strong ones.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back