The upside to coronovirus!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
We have the same body type is suspect. I'm 5'11" and my body used to want to stay at 187lbs. I was there are the beginning of the pandemic hoping like you to get to 170. I'm 200 right now.
At 5'10", 165 to 168 is about perfect for me. In 2019, I dropped down to 162 - and even though it was supposed to be a worthwhile BMI - it felt too light. And I had to have the willpower of a monk, abstain from any alcohol or dessert temptations, and workout regularly to maintain it.

I was around 168, pre-pandemic. I'm likely 178 now. My working out has declined; I've been more stationary throughout the day; I've indulged more in alcohol and sweets. Hell, I've just snacked more during the workday, probably from a combination of boredom and stress.

I know that probably sounds like a First World problem - bitching about a 16 lb variation over 2 years. But when you hit a weight floor and gradually drift back up (too much, to me) it's the same disheartening feeling.

Nope, plenty of places outside of there.

the young folks resisting might be encouraged though. There are plenty of them too
Don't take me too seriously, haha. Here, the bible belters are definitely the most consistent vaccine refusers.

That is odd.

I'm 50 and had my first Pfizer shot a week ago, and it was the same experience as getting a flu shot. (Which I get every year). The soreness was in the injection shoulder, and was more pronounced the day after the shot.

I might have suffered a little fatigue, but I've been busy as hell lately doing other exhausting things, so it all blended into the same fatigue.
Mine was this with a slight forgetfulness but I also didn't sleep for unrelated reasons the night after the shot.

Yesterday the pubs and restaurants re-opened in Belgium, after +200 closure, for al fresco services, until 22h.
In the morning it was raining but already every table outside was filled (under parasols or sunshades). In the afternoon it cleared up and the temperature was very nice.
Last night I went to town with some friends and the ambiance was glorious. It looked like the whole city had turned up. Everybody was happy and friendly, even the waiters. No drunk excesses, no fights or disturbances, and around 22h most of the establishments gently showed their patrons the door and closed down. I didn't hear any sirenes after that, so I guess people can be responsible and still have a good time.
Anyway, it was something most of us needed after being cooped up for so long.

And next week I get my first vaccine shot.

Statistically, the demographic of people who have traditionally been resistant are also a demographic to whom erectile dysfunction is already a persistent problem. The threat of even more erectile dysfunction probably doesn’t hold much weight.

my niece was scheduled, then she forgot and scheduled something over it. She’s currently avoiding telling me that she missed her appointment. She doesn’t seem to understand that I can’t magically fix it when she goes to school in the fall snd they require it. Or she doesn’t want to tell me she’s not going to school in the fall. I’m glad she thinks highly enough of me that she’s worried about my opinion, but also have a very strong and personal example of why she should go to school in my back pocket.
niece got hers yesterday. now waiting for my kid, who is under the minimum age

The pandemic first hit my area about 15 months ago. Over the first ~8 months, my weight dropped from high 180s to high 170s. Over the subsequent ~7 months, it has crept back up to high 180s.

View attachment 32249

"You can come on in, we're all fully vaccinated. Except the spare room off the living room. Don't go in there, we're not fully vaccinated in there."
We tell people we're still being super cautious because our kids aren't vaccinated but I think the real reason my wife wants to do everything outside is it cuts down on cleaning and guest mess.

Works for me because that's just another way of saying BBQ time!

View attachment 32249

"You can come on in, we're all fully vaccinated. Except the spare room off the living room. Don't go in there, we're not fully vaccinated in there."

My game room looks like a tornado hit it. The entire gaming table is just a whirlwind of laundry we haven't gotten around to folding. >_>. It probably also hasn't been vacuumed in a while.

When you don't use a room for over a year it kind of falls out of priority for cleaning...

Two weeks into COVID-related restrictions in my area, my apartment was the cleanest it's ever been. Two months into restrictions, my apartment was the messiest it's ever been, and stayed that way for quite some time.

We've now reached a point where most restrictions have been lifted in my area, and 100% of my local friends are fully vaccinated, so I was finally able to have a few people over two weekends ago, which meant for the couple days prior to that I was finally able to get motivated to clean house. The place looks much better now.

Two weeks into COVID-related restrictions in my area, my apartment was the cleanest it's ever been. Two months into restrictions, my apartment was the messiest it's ever been, and stayed that way for quite some time.

We've now reached a point where most restrictions have been lifted in my area, and 100% of my local friends are fully vaccinated, so I was finally able to have a few people over two weekends ago, which meant for the couple days prior to that I was finally able to get motivated to clean house. The place looks much better now.
I would die of embarrassment if a friend came over to our place right now. At this point I am just gonna hire a professional because the amount of work to get this place back in shape would take us so much time it's cheaper to pay someone to do it.

My game room looks alternately like hell or actually pretty good depending on the day. I've been trying to use the last year to rearrange it to be more attractive/usable. However I also let the kids run rampant on the gaming table and it's still the place no one but family and guy friends go so it's the indoor dumping ground. I never know what's going to be lying on the floor that is in some state of "too be dealt with...later"

We both got our first Pfizer shots last Tuesday and most of the restrictions will be lifted next Saturday. Finally we'll be rid of those stupid mouthmasks at work.
I don't plan on ditching the mask at work. During the corona, I've found it to be a great way to preserve from flu as well, and I don't expect that to stop being a problem:thumbsup:!

'Have to admit it... I'm not ready to give up my mask either, even though I had my second dose of Moderna months ago. (I work at a food bank. The county health department stabbed my entire crew as early as they could since we're essential types working with a vulnerable population-)

Not only will that help duck any delta-variant weirdness that may come up, I have terrible seasonal allergies and the mask actually helps a lot with keeping pollen away. I've enjoyed my sinuses NOT trying to murderize me. And "Yeah. It's hot and uncomfortable to wear" is infinitely better than "Ack! I'm itching my skin off thanks to histamine-linked eczema".

So... yeah. Keeping my mask.

Masks are said to mainly protect others from your exhaled virus-containing droplets. You want to be protected, you need to persuade others to keep wearing their masks. Which is not going to happen. We're still required to keep 1.5m distance, though, and in places where that is not possible we have to wear a mask.

The great thing about working from home is that for the most part (which I did even before the pandemic, I've been working from home for the last decade), I don't have to worry about what people think of my beard. Which is good because I'm bad about remembering to shave.

Just say it's the Don "Sonny Crockett" Johnson look.
Later you can call it the Grizzly Adams' look

Masks are said to mainly protect others from your exhaled virus-containing droplets. You want to be protected, you need to persuade others to keep wearing their masks. Which is not going to happen. We're still required to keep 1.5m distance, though, and in places where that is not possible we have to wear a mask.
From virus-containing droplets and stuff, yes.
But the keyword is mainly. I was having less flu even after many people stopped wearing them outside.
And it definitely helps with pollen and stuff like hiding a growing beard:thumbsup:!

Too, I've had quite a bit of success in making people put their masks on by the advanced means of talking* to them. At least when in confined areas.
Then again, there was recently a stabbing in the city transport here, because the victim wasn't compliant about putting a mask on (they are mandatory in public transport, mind you)...:devil:
We don't know whether the perpetrator is going to be prosecuted or when - the reminder lead to a brawl which escalated, reportedly - but I'm guessing many people might have become more likely to wear them, and/or less likely to object to friendly warnings:shade:. Which just might be related to my success, too:gunslinger:!

*And if that doesn't help, I'm a roleplayer. I can start a quite convincing cough while looking absent-mindedly in their direction:grin:!

I don't plan on ditching the mask at work. During the corona, I've found it to be a great way to preserve from flu as well, and I don't expect that to stop being a problem:thumbsup:!
Have to say, the first time I walked into a bank or liquor store with a mask on I got kind of a thrill. Does that make me a bad person? ;)

We tell people we're still being super cautious because our kids aren't vaccinated but I think the real reason my wife wants to do everything outside is it cuts down on cleaning and guest mess.

Works for me because that's just another way of saying BBQ time!

Potlucks are big on the West Coast and I'm not a fan.

Except for family, I'd rather go out and drink and eat: more fun, less work.

Potlucks are big on the West Coast and I'm not a fan.

Except for family, I'd rather go out and drink and eat: more fun, less work.
I feel like the potluck is perfect for the NorthWest. It's a fantastically passive aggressive way of saying I just want to cook food I like and pretend like its for everyone. So really stop eating that shit because those are my leftovers!!!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back