The Video Game Thread: What are you Playing?

Picaroon Jack

And the Brothers Slack
Reaction score
In other news, I have been a bit underwhelmed by Elder Scrolls Online. Granted, I haven’t gotten very far (one character at level 9) but I expected multiplayer Skyrim and I’m getting some hackneyed MMO-isms in one hand that don’t mesh particularly well with the Elder Scrolls-isms e.g. the super complex crafting system vs. the limited banking space for non-premium subscribers.

Ah well. Vermintide 2 is still here for us (and continues to surprise me by having an unusually chill community).
I felt the same about Elder Scrolls Online. I never finished the tutorial. I couldn't get any elder scrolls feel from it much less Skyrim. I am a fan of Vermintide 2 though!

The Butcher

More machine than man
Reaction score
I felt the same about Elder Scrolls Online. I never finished the tutorial. I couldn't get any elder scrolls feel from it much less Skyrim. I am a fan of Vermintide 2 though!
It‘s a bit frustrating because it seems devoid of so much of the spontaneity and hands-free sandboxiness that made the series great. And don’t get me started on the combat system. I do dig the setting, though — the Dunmer are an absolute riot and the Lord Vivec quest wouldn’t look out of place in some corner of Glorantha.

I still hope against hope that the wife will come around but if she doesn’t — we still have Vermintide 2 (just got my Victor to level 35, working on gear, and trying Sienna and Bardin on the side) and Borderlands 3 (lots of Bounty of Blood side quests to wrap up, and we still haven’t done the Guardian raid).

The Mad Hatter

Tea Party Connoisseur
Reaction score
Lol! that thing looks awesome. My son has been bugging me to check that series out.
You definitely should in my opinion. You can play the entire series in co-op mode.

I had some of the best co-op moments with my late girlfriend in Borderlands 1 & 2. The only other game that game close in fun factor co-op wise, is Saints Row 3.

The Butcher

More machine than man
Reaction score
I take it you haven't played TESIII: Morrowind yet! The in game books are some of the finest world building there is, "The 37 lessons of Vivec" in particular is just great!
I did not! But I am well acquainted with the game’s reputation. Unfortunately I don’t really do single player games these days, but ESO’s Morrowind area has been giving me a taste of that.