The what the hell you actually look like thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
IMG_20221109_101623.jpg
I've tried to post a pic twice now but have been beaten back by tech issues or the inability to look at my face staring back at me.
Still, third times the charm - this is my work pic, only I don't know where any of this grey hair came from. I'm still 23 dammit!!!!!

bcb766.jpeg

Edit: my son lookin like he up to no good in that pic lol
ROFL, he does!

OK, here's mine. First one was from October 2015, I'd had a planned trip down to Florida from Tennessee but unfortunately one of those cold front's kicked in and about two hours down the road I decided, "Fuck that". I need heated grips, heated seat and better gear for this level of nasty. Turned back around and after thawing out at a gas station with a cup of coffee and came home. My old Army buddy who I was going down to see thought I'd simply not gotten up. lol So I sent him this picture of my still defrosting self.

James 2015 Oct.jpg

Most recent picture is from last March at a gaming friends house. He was showing me the map to a war board game that he had. I don't recall the name of it. Anyhow you can tell the time frame due to my flipping my mask down for the camera. lol As a month before my major surgery.
James 2022 Mar.jpg
Edit: Also part of the bearded glasses brigade. lol. The glasses became requirement post 40 and the beard not long afterward once the hair starting thinning.

OK, here's mine. First one was from October 2015, I'd had a planned trip down to Florida from Tennessee but unfortunately one of those cold front's kicked in and about two hours down the road I decided, "Fuck that". I need heated grips, heated seat and better gear for this level of nasty. Turned back around and after thawing out at a gas station with a cup of coffee and came home. My old Army buddy who I was going down to see thought I'd simply not gotten up. lol So I sent him this picture of my still defrosting self.

View attachment 51925

Most recent picture is from last March at a gaming friends house. He was showing me the map to a war board game that he had. I don't recall the name of it. Anyhow you can tell the time frame due to my flipping my mask down for the camera. lol As a month before my major surgery.
View attachment 51926
Edit: Also part of the bearded glasses brigade. lol. The glasses became requirement post 40 and the beard not long afterward once the hair starting thinning.
You resemble a biker wizard. Which is incredibly awesome.

You resemble a biker wizard. Which is incredibly awesome.
Thanks! I'll take that! Beats the old blonde haired surfer look I had for the first 40 years, no one took me seriously! Anyhow, it was a couple months after that trip I traded that bike in for returning to one that had a fairing, heated grips and heated seat for my old ass. lol

Most recent picture is from last March at a gaming friends house. He was showing me the map to a war board game that he had. I don't recall the name of it.
Was it possibly The War Game: World War II? (As printed on the map right in front of you?)

Nice photos. Hope you’re doing well after the surgery.

Was it possibly The War Game: World War II? (As printed on the map right in front of you?)

Nice photos. Hope you’re doing well after the surgery.
Yes, that was the name. My friend referred to it as a turbo charged version of Axis & Allies or something like that. And I am thanks for asking! :smile:

I'm not posting my pic, and I'm not a betting man, but if I was, I would bet on me being part of the glasses-and-beard brigade.

Beard that's currently more red than grey, but it's a losing battle...
It's always a losing battle. The bastards have stacked the odds against us!

Being the paranoid-anxious sort these days, I don't like posting anything as clearly identifying as a photo on forums... anymore. It's an unpleasant story, but at least I was only a bystander and not the victim that time. Let's just say I saw what angry, motivated people can do with that sort of info when they lose arguments.

That said, I've probably left way too many personal clues in my writing on this forum anyway, so if anyone really wants to stalk me they'd figure it out.

My students once said I look like a younger, slightly darker Steve Carell with perpetual bed-hair. I DON'T see that at all when I look in the mirror (maybe when I grimace?), but it's the best you're getting out of me.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back