The what the hell you actually look like thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
You look like a teacher or a professor. Some people you can almost certainly tell they are smart by just looking at them. You remind me of that.

funny, you're not the first person to say that in my life, but it contradicts my own mental image of myself, which has always kinda been Ernie from Sesame Street crossed with Alfred E Neuman.

I call them "yearbook portrait", "Tristram goes to the mayor", "in the credits of a bad 80's sitcom", 'rotoscoped", "Call of Cthulhu NPC', "World of Darkness LARP online profile pic", "Creepypasta", and "Cereal KIller"

Anyways, I posted them because pics of me are really rare, IRL and online (there's a good period of about 20 years with no photographic evidence of my existence), and I'm being encouraged to change that. Trying to be more comfortable in my own skin.

And here, I thought I was the only one to do shit like that. When I'm gone, my kids will be like, "Wait! What did dad look like again?"

And here, I thought I was the only one to do shit like that. When I'm gone, my kids will be like, "Wait! What did dad look like again?"
I only have photos because of the wife and kids for the most part. I took the photos back when I was single so I'm not in most of them. I generally consider this a good thing. My kids will probably always remember me because I'm always around. Everyone else probably already forgot I exist. Kids do take a lot of time. Which is good because they are really the only people who will care a ton after my parents and siblings pass.

I only have photos because of the wife and kids for the most part. I took the photos back when I was single so I'm not in most of them. I generally consider this a good thing. My kids will probably always remember me because I'm always around. Everyone else probably already forgot I exist. Kids do take a lot of time. Which is good because they are really the only people who will care a ton after my parents and siblings pass.
...are you me:shock:?

Why don’t you believe my avatar nor my opposed roles picture are accurate?

View attachment 51672

Old post, but I've been itching to ask about your avatar, and this seems like a good enough excuse:

Why Dennis Storhøi? My only guess is 13th Warrior, since that is his only claim to international fame...

Last edited:
Old post, but I've been itching to ask about your avatar, and this seems like a good enough excuse:

Why Dennis Storhøi? My only guess is 13th Warrior, since that is his only claim to international fame...
well, i became familiar with him from 13th warrior, but this particular picture I pulled for a character that I've sort of been forming over multiple games. at some point i saw it (probably while asking myself who is that herger the joyous guy from 13th warrior) and said "wow, striking image. that's a new character".

Thus far the character is John Constantine but less... um... polished clever sort. Probably a combo of John Constantine and Phillip Seymour's portrayal of Gust Avrakotos in Charlie WIlson's War. Certainly smart, certainly a fast wit, but not applied so much to repartee and more towards changing the situation. He's a very GM sort of character, batman wizard-esque, and not really a super nice guy. Thus far he's done a number of very questionable things, and his morals and ethics are pretty much it takes to get the job done.

Here is me. With Things #1, #2, and #3. Standing next to our Christmas tree before we cut it down back in November.
ZYvlLRR.jpg

I admire your naming consistency. My wife wouldn't let me go for names like that.
Back when the boys were toddlers (and my daughter wasn't yet around), Halloween was approaching. So I told my wife, "We should all dress up for Halloween! I'll be the Cat-in-the-Hat, we can dress the boys as Thing #1 and Thing #2, and you can be the goldfish!" She was all, "OMG! That would be so cute! And.... HEY! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY!"

LOL

This gets posted every time there is an aussie reference, heh heh
It's an eccentric tune about an aussie backpacker that has taken on a life of its own, and is now often used as an unofficial sporting anthem in stadiums and pubs
I've heard that it has some cynical meanings as well, but I haven't paid that too much thought

Men At Work are far more iconic Australian abroad than they actually are back in Australia, well these days at least
It's a fun pub tune, but definately not true anthem material beyond being an aussie pub anthem

Bruce Springsteen's 'Born In The USA' has just as much a chance, if not more, of being used as an anthem in the States as Men At Work's 'Land Down Under' in Australia
It's certainly iconic back home, but not as much as I gather international folk think it is
Weddings Parties Anything are my favourite Aussie band and almost unknown outside of the home country.

Weddings, Parties, Anything weren't exactly huge here, but gained reasonable profile here in the 1990s. Melbourne folk-pop-rock scene, I was late teens/early 20s. I always associated them touring with the likes aussie artists like Paul Kelly, The Bad Loves, The Black Sorrows, Hunters & Collectors, bands like that.
Apparently they were often getting confused with US band Deep Blue Something when they did get airplay in the States, which is understandable.
This was one of the more prolific radio hits they had at that time:

When I was 10 (roughly) and Omen II came out, I looked like Damien (people did call me that) but even moreso if he liked ice cream as much as he did doing evil.

When I was 10 (roughly) and Omen II came out, I looked like Damien (people did call me that) but even moreso if he liked ice cream as much as he did doing evil.

I have a photo somewhere of me and my two brothers, all with snow-white hair, and we look like something out of Village of the Damned.

'Gyprock', that's a new name for the stuff. Here it's 'Gib board', or just 'Gib' (from 'Gibraltar Board'). Used in both new builds, to cover over the sins of previous generations in old houses, and to replace walls of old houses that have been torn out to recover the (now quite valuable) original native timber walls.

The barber put gel in my hair.

View attachment 69536
Man I was hovering my mouse over the picture and for a second, cause it is the middle of the night and I'm only still awake cause I'm waiting for my hair to dry and my brain has stopped working hours ago, I was like "why the hell is he wearing a nametag that says haircut.jpeg".

Man I was hovering my mouse over the picture and for a second, cause it is the middle of the night and I'm only still awake cause I'm waiting for my hair to dry and my brain has stopped working hours ago, I was like "why the hell is he wearing a nametag that says haircut.jpeg".
We Aussies are wacky!

1696989160266.png

I never saw the resemblance--was too chubby as a 10 year old--and since then the Tribal nose has grown into place further accentuated by TB sunken cheeks so I look even less like the adult version of this (though being a Sam Neil ringer would have rocked.) But if your playground nickname is Damien, it could be far worse.

OK, here's mine. First one was from October 2015, I'd had a planned trip down to Florida from Tennessee but unfortunately one of those cold front's kicked in and about two hours down the road I decided, "Fuck that". I need heated grips, heated seat and better gear for this level of nasty. Turned back around and after thawing out at a gas station with a cup of coffee and came home. My old Army buddy who I was going down to see thought I'd simply not gotten up. lol So I sent him this picture of my still defrosting self.

View attachment 51925

Most recent picture is from last March at a gaming friends house. He was showing me the map to a war board game that he had. I don't recall the name of it. Anyhow you can tell the time frame due to my flipping my mask down for the camera. lol As a month before my major surgery.
View attachment 51926
Edit: Also part of the bearded glasses brigade. lol. The glasses became requirement post 40 and the beard not long afterward once the hair starting thinning.
Assless chaps... you can stay.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back