Thoughts on Stygian Foxes Occams Razor

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Ronnie Sanford

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
I purchased and am happy with The Things We Leve Behind and Hudson & Brand, Inquiry Agents into the Obscure. I am temped to buy Occam's Razor but theres not much info out about it. Will Ocam's Razor modules be of roughly the same size as the modules in The Things We Leave Behing? Its my understanding that the modules are more than just one shots and may require multiple sesions to play. Is that about right? Also I know these modules will focus more on the mundane rather that the mythic, stil will any of them draw on occult motifs?

Here's a description of the scenarios from the KS:

Deep and Dark – the investigators find a snuff film on the dark web, but one of a pretty girl getting mauled by a Fishman monster. Did the deep ones mess up and accidentally get filmed in this modern world where everyone has a camera phone or is it something else?

Eye of the Beholder – an art student goes missing while doing late night research in a museum with ties to the local university. Maybe it’s a coincidence that the museum just got in a huge statue from South America of a little-known death god called Thul’Cathul. Yep, total coincidence.

The Watchers – a woman living alone in an apartment in the big city notices that people are watching her. Following her. They even broke into her home. But why? What do they want and how far will they go?

A Whole Pack of Trouble – a group of film school students go to an isolated, abandoned, and reportedly haunted asylum to make a found-footage horror movie and make a fortune? Whatever could go wrong with that? Well, when the filmmakers go missing the investigators will have to find out.

A Cleansing Flame – People are dying by fire. No one knows why and no one knows how. When the latest victim is a friend to one of the investigators and an astronomer who reportedly made a recent discovery of note, it’s up to the investigators to put out these flames.

Visions From Beyond - Tommy is a friend who makes some new friends. That’s nice. Unfortunately those friends have a strange reputation, they get up to some bizarre practices, and then one night Tommy calls one of the investigators in terror, begging for help, then the line goes dead. What’s a friend and an investigator of the Mythos to do?

Some of them sound like mythos elements (as a red herring) are involved. They sound like interesting scenarios regardless of mythos involvement. I might just have to see if I can back this in pdf now.

Thanks for the heads up, backed this one.

If you were writing a novel series about a paranormal investigator, of course they’ll probably be real cases. If you really were a paranormal investigator, even in Lovecraft’s setting, you’d have a lot of false positives. That’s what this is, 6 false positives where the answer isn’t supernatural.

It’s a great idea, and worthy of a continuing series. Any GM running a CoC-like campaign could use these to really switch things up. Hell, even a something like a non-supernatural police campaign could use these to head fake a Mythos twist.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back