Toys I'm glad I didn't have when I was a Kid

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
funny-pictures-hamster-toilet-paper-roll.jpg

I never stop wondering if these are brilliant photoshops. The thing that gets me about this one is the big red freaking star accessory. I mean, it seems too on the nose to be an accident.

Well, maybe not the nose...

Those are pretty wild. The staff of the guy on the right looks like it has translucent pieces of plastic that do a good job of looking like arcs of electricity. Quite artful, actually. They look like almost like a Kirbyesque space god pantheon.

Those are pretty wild. The staff of the guy on the right looks like it has translucent pieces of plastic that do a good job of looking like arcs of electricity. Quite artful, actually. They look like almost like a Kirbyesque space god pantheon.

I think the line as a whole belongs on the sister thread to this one...

45077172_482022905537582_6344821935020441600_n.jpg

(They're dressed up as characters from a Scottish sitcom called Still Game - it's pretty funny, but I'm not sure it would export well, even if just because of the accents.)
Having split my childhood between Australia, the UK and the US (among other places), I have an easier time than most with regional accents. In any case, everything comes with closed captions these days. Turns out this is on Netflix in the US at the moment.

I never stop wondering if these are brilliant photoshops. The thing that gets me about this one is the big red freaking star accessory. I mean, it seems too on the nose to be an accident.

Well, maybe not the nose...

The other accessory looks suspiciously like an anal probe.

We need to make an RPG about these mismatched toys/characters
I can see a whole franchise! The villains would be name brand toys.
But then the mismatched toys would become mainstream! Suddenly everyone's playing with Robert Cop 2 and throwing away poor old Batman.

The thing I don't get is, these things cost something to make. Who is making them.

I'm going to guess they repurpose old moulds and do some mix and match intentionally to make it their own. They probably have a lot of laughs doing it. I heard an interview with a Weekly World News reporter who described it as the funniest job ever.

The thing I don't get is, these things cost something to make. Who is making them.
Entrepreneurs! Folks not afraid to take a risk skirting IP laws. :grin:

I'd like to see the video of someone pitching these ideas.

Entrepreneur: "And we just use the word TORTOISE instead of Turtle, and then throw in that it is Ninja STYLED. What do you think???"
Board Member: "Love it. Make this happen."

So, this stuff is all real, right?

giphy.gif

So, this stuff is all real, right?

Some of the Adam Padilla stuff posted earlier in the thread I think are digital mockups. But as for the rest, yeah, these are all physical things that exist

Some of the Adam Padilla stuff posted earlier in the thread I think are digital mockups. But as for the rest, yeah, these are all physical things that exist
That is... disturbing.

Yes, the Fantastic Four bag is an obvious fake. Clever, but clearly a fake.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back