Traveller: Sinharaja Sector (in-character thread)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
OOC: :shock:

Nils halts in shock when he realises what a fool he's been. He leaves the bug on his person for now.

"Hey can I use somebody's wrist computer?"

[I'm going to go ahead and treat Dave as an NPC until Stan Stan comes back, if he ever does...in the meantime you can treat him essentially as a hireling or henchmen in D&D. As long as you're not using him as a human shield, we'll just assume he goes along with whatever you determine. As such...]

Dave, still a bit groggy from being knocked out in the crash, lends his hand computer to Nils.

Volodimir looks at Navuluri.
"We better get going. But you got yourself an angry squad to go after your enemy, man. Oh, and forget about anyone close to you being a traitor...she didn't need that."
He looks pointedly at the tiny bug.
"Mama? I hope you're not hearing this, because I like my enemies not knowing I'm after them. But in case you do: we're coming, Mama, and we're runnin' on anger and oedipus complexes. Volodimir, out."

Then he turns to Eloise and smiles.
"So, sugar...do you need me helpin' to check your clothes? Because I'm pretty sure the safest move would be to burn both of your clothes. We just need to find you replacements before that."

[I'm going to go ahead and treat Dave as an NPC until Stan Stan comes back, if he ever does...in the meantime you can treat him essentially as a hireling or henchmen in D&D. As long as you're not using him as a human shield, we'll just assume he goes along with whatever you determine. As such...]

Dave, still a bit groggy from being knocked out in the crash, lends his hand computer to Nils.
"Thanks man" he says to Dave "I just want to check out a bit more information on this planet. Eloise you were a scout, can you help with this?"

On the screen he types:
We're bugged, remove them or keep them and send Mama false info?

"Remove. Go to ground. Rest. Prepare. Assault with extreme prejudice.", Volodimir wrote.

"Anymore of those rats around? We could place the trackers on them and send em scurrying." Trip asks, glad he didn't get too close to Mama.

"Goddamn we look like amateurs."
He thinks.

Eloise's hand computer buzzes as an incoming call comes through on the comm line.

'Shit,' I say as I check my clothes. If I find it I throw it on the ground and crush it. I then answer my hand computer.

'Shit,' I say as I check my clothes. If I find it I throw it on the ground and crush it. I then answer my hand computer.
You hear the dulcet tones of Mama Mwangi coming through the comm: "Oh, babies, I've been so worried about you all! I've been waiting for you to bring me my ring, and to hear what you've done to that awful, awful pimp!"

"Think we can use the dead rat bits to fake a death photo of Mr Humble here?" Trip says after making sure the mic is muted.

Figuring there is no point in lying as she would have heard everything up til now. 'We have him but there's too much heat for us to bring him to you but maybe you could come to us.'

Mama Mwangi's cackle seems to carry across the comm line with unusual resonance before she says, "Oh, you sexy things, don't you know I was so worried about you I already have some of my very best friends on the way?"

"We do know, Mama", Volodimir says. "We're looking forward to meeting these friends. You obviously hate them, or you wouldn't be sending them here..."
He chuckled.
"What's the Mama for? Short for a female spider, I guess?"

"Shit!"

Nils begins to look about for a hiding place or cover for the group. The upstairs office seems like an obvious choice.

"Sir..." he says to Volodimir "...office vantage point?"

"You have such nasty suspicious minds!" Mama says with a laugh. "I thought you were Mama's special friends and this is how you treat Mama? My other friends are just coming to help you deliver the ring and castrate a pimp as it seems you've lost sight of our agreement."

"Just like those other friends you sent on the bikes, right?", Volodimir chuckles, before growing serious.
"Listen to me, Mama. I am going to deliver you that ring... personally. But we've never promised to hurt the man wearing it, so it's you who's trying to renegotiate on the fly. And your friends from earlier weren't really aiming, so we'll have to reconsider the way we deliver you what you've earned. Better send someone for their bodes, and say a prayer if you believe in anything that's neither money nor your own ass. Marine Force Comdr Volodimir Aso-Drumev, retired...out."

"You're good at making friends aren't you Force Commander?" Trip says with a smile.
"We should get a move on. They're probably the ones coming down the tunnel."

"Navuluri says the ring is worthless Mama, why are you so eager to have it delivered?"

"Of course I am. I am the man of many friends, like our friend here is a man of humility", Volodimir grins. "I agree discretion is the better part of valor, though,unless you need to protect a passage or some such. Let's go, we've got a ring to deliver. Drop that shit down, we can just phone her later."

I cut off my hand computer. ‘We gotta jet, what’re we gonna do with this one?’ I nod at Nav.

"Personally I like him better. We picked the wrong horse to bet on before. Putting more money down now won't increase the odds of winning." Trip replies.

Fayed, your youthful guide, says, "Ghazzawi is gonna be so pissed at me if the Mwangi and Navuluri mobs use one of his safehouses for a firefight! You didn't tell me you guys were pulling some kind of a triple-cross! Oh shit!" He runs off toward the steps to the office.
"Navuluri says the ring is worthless Mama, why are you so eager to have it delivered?"
"Oh, honey, don't be so naïve," says Mama Mwangi. "You think that trashy douche would tell you true?"

"Okay," says Navuluri, "I'll tell you the truth. Embedded inside the stone is a recording of the starport commissioner and his mistress and whoever has it can blackmail the commish into letting contraband items onto Xenochrophis without going through customs. Mama Mwangi wants it from me."

"Okay so Mama was legit with us to some degree..." he stands over Navuluri "...we could ice him and leave Mama what she wants, but those men on the bike were probably hers and like Trip I guess I like you more Mr. Navuluri..." he extends his hand to help him up "...so let's get out of here and find a way to give Mama the ring"

"The ring or the finger? Personally I prefer the latter. Don't make a deal with me and send someone to kill me and expect a warm welcome." Trip replies.

[I'll update once you have settled on a course of action.]

Trip helps Nav up and asks. "Alright boss man where do you want us to take you?"

"We get Navuluri out of here, get the ring to Mama so there is no hard feelings and then see what our new friend can offer us. Agreed?"

'We may have to split. Two of us meet Mama with the ring. The others hide out with Nav as hostage til he gets us out of here.'

Last edited:
"Hey kid can you show me the room up top?" Trip asks.

"...I guess I like you more Mr. Navuluri..." he extends his hand to help him up "...so let's get out of here and find a way to give Mama the ring"
Trip helps Nav up and asks. "Alright boss man where do you want us to take you?"
"I like me more, too," says Navuluri. "Frankly what I'd like most is to watch you take out Mama Mwangi, but it's stupid to go off half-cocked without a plan. What if I get one of my technicians to swap out the files in the ring with a bomb? You can deliver it to her and watch her go boom." He begins to laugh mischievously and rubs his hands together with glee. "I'll pay you well in addition to arranging passage on a ship."
Fayed, your youthful guide...runs off toward the steps to the office.
"Hey kid can you show me the room up top?" Trip asks.
Trip turns and realizes he's talking to someone who isn't there. He can see Fayed through the large flexiglass office window that overlooks the warehouse floor. He's gesticulating wildly and seems to be using a comm device.

Trip heads up to meet with the kid.

I grab Nav and force him to his feet. 'We need to go!' I force him to the nearest back exit. If I pass by the kid I grab his comm device and throw it against the nearest wall.

Trip heads up to meet with the kid.
You find Fayed hurriedly jamming his comm device in the back pocket of his trousers.
I grab Nav and force him to his feet. 'We need to go!' I force him to the nearest back exit. If I pass by the kid I grab his comm device and throw it against the nearest wall.
"Hey, babe, don't be so rough on the merchandise," says Navuluri. "You and me could be really good friends someday." He leers at you.

[The nearest exit is on the far side of the warehouse, near but below the office area, so Eloise would need to ascend the staircase that Trip just went up if she wants to speak to Fayed.]

Nils sees Trip and Eloise head up to the office and follows them, ready to exit quickly.

[The nearest exit is on the far side of the warehouse, near but below the office area, so Eloise would need to ascend the staircase that Trip just went up if she wants to speak to Fayed.]

I’ll skip the kid and head for the exit. As we move I pat Nav down to see if we’ve missed anything on him.

When I reach the door, I listen at the door, if I hear nothing unusual then I push Nav out the door ahead of me, making sure his hands are still securely tied. I wait a moment to see if there is anyone waiting for us outside.

[Once we have Volodimir's action, I'll update what transpires.]

"I think we overstayed our welcome. Let's leave now, hatch a plan later - out of ear shot, or bug shot!"
Volodimir follows Trip and Nils.

Nils sees Trip and Eloise head up to the office and follows them, ready to exit quickly.
I’ll skip the kid and head for the exit. As we move I pat Nav down to see if we’ve missed anything on him.

When I reach the door, I listen at the door, if I hear nothing unusual then I push Nav out the door ahead of me, making sure his hands are still securely tied. I wait a moment to see if there is anyone waiting for us outside.
"I think we overstayed our welcome. Let's leave now, hatch a plan later - out of ear shot, or bug shot!"
Volodimir follows Trip and Nils.
Eloise doesn't hear anything outside the door, which is of the steel roll-up type. There is a rusty chain for opening the door manually, as well as a keypad for automatic operarion. The keypad is battered and rusted and doesn't appear operational; the entire warehouse appears to be defunct as a commercial endeavor and the gang that uses it as a safehouse clearly spared every expense in its upkeep. To see what's going on outside, you'll have to open the door the old-fashioned way.
20190223_110004.jpg

Any other exits?
Fayed comes down and shows you an emergency fire door at the side of the building, but it's utterly rusted shut. He remarks, "We usually use the sewer to come and go so the place looks abandoned to anyone passing by."
DSC04598.jpg

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back