Traveller: Sinharaja Sector (in-character thread)

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
4,002
Reaction score
3,418
"Well...we'd better make sure we have the hardware we'd need", Volodimir says. "I guess this place would have a weapons-seller or twenty."
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
11,316
Reaction score
20,065
"Well...we'd better make sure we have the hardware we'd need", Volodimir says. "I guess this place would have a weapons-seller or twenty."
"You should head to the lower decks, below the docking bays," says Bai Zhiyi. "That's where all the contraband is bought and sold."
 

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
4,002
Reaction score
3,418
"You should head to the lower decks, below the docking bays," says Bai Zhiyi. "That's where all the contraband is bought and sold."
"Contraband? That would be useful, but...I thought weapons are legal here?"
 

Bunch

Prince of Insufficient Light.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
4,793
Reaction score
6,269
"I just wanted to put it in terms you reprobate recidivists would understand."
"I'm sure you have parting advice for me whether you share it or not. Here's mine for you. Pause before you speak. Almost every time you speak it seems aimed to irritate or annoy your audience. It got you a bullet in your leg. If folks hadn't stepped in it would have got you an exit out an airlock.
For my part I realize my temper almost got us all killed by missing out on the helpful information you gave us. For my part I'm going to aim to breathe before I act. Shooting someone who runs their mouth might feel good but it doesn't help the situation." Trip says to Bai.
 

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
4,002
Reaction score
3,418
"Alas, I'm bound to agree with both of you", Volodimir sighs. "We are recidivists, legally. There wasn't exactly another option, but she has almost all the reasons to be irate with us."
He shrugged.
"Then again, he is right. If we were actual recidivists, we'd have shot or spaced you. If not on the ship, then here and now...trust me, I knew some guys who joined gangs back at home, and they'd have shot you for dissing'em. I joined the Marines to avoid being like them...which only worked for a time. But the point that concerns you is this: use this language towards the people you're likely to work with on this job...and it's likely indeed that we might find your frozen body floating in space, while looking for unexistant extraterrestrials. Now, may the stars grant you luck and restraint now", he finisheds, accompanying that with a nod towards the door.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,086
Reaction score
2,715
Nils just smiles.

"Well my only advice is don't get clocked in the head again"
 

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
4,002
Reaction score
3,418
Volodimir nods.
"Always a good idea, that. I remember I took up boxing once...and then remembered why yours is a good advice."
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
11,316
Reaction score
20,065
"I'll see you guys around," says Bai Zhiyi as she departs, "if only on a wanted poster. I'll tell Captain Gershon you were unable to accept his offer of employment."
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,086
Reaction score
2,715
Nils immediately turns to the others.

"Right, let's go see this old man"

And he heads off.
 

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
4,002
Reaction score
3,418
"Turns us in for what? We've broken no laws...here. And I don't think they care about what we do to other guests", Volodimir asks.
"Let's go find some weapons, first, I'd say".
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
11,316
Reaction score
20,065
Once you have decided your course of action, I'll update from there.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,086
Reaction score
2,715
Nils stops in his tracks.

"Weapons? Afraid there might be some aliens commander? Might need to get the big guns. Sure let's see what this place has got"
 

Bunch

Prince of Insufficient Light.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
4,793
Reaction score
6,269
Trip says "Fine by me but let's be quick about it"
 

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
4,002
Reaction score
3,418
Nils stops in his tracks.

"Weapons? Afraid there might be some aliens commander? Might need to get the big guns. Sure let's see what this place has got"
"More like 'there might be people out there looking for easy prey, best not to fit the description'. But they should work on uncooperative aliens, too, should we meet one or more of those!"
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
11,316
Reaction score
20,065
Where are you heading in search of weapons?
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,086
Reaction score
2,715
"Let's head to the floor 5, might find dealers around the docking bay area"
 

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
4,002
Reaction score
3,418
"Lower decks, below docking bay area? Works for me."
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
11,316
Reaction score
20,065
Descending once more to the docking bays, you find the corridor cramped with a large number of maintenance workers carrying toolboxes and equipment blocking the way enough that you need to squeeze past them and the one-armed bandits that line either side of the corridor. You're once again greeted by the image of Don Saavedra as he greets you, apparently on endless repeat, "Welcome to the Lucky Star Hotel & Casino, a wholly owned subsidiary of Saavedra Entertainment. I am Don Saavedra, at your service. I invite you to experience fine dining at Le Dauphin Bleu, rated four stars in the Michelin Guide! Place a bet to win, place, or show on a specially-imported Ouarzazate dromedary at the Sheik Abdel al-Uzza Memorial Racetrack! Experience sensual pleasure beyond measure from an expert leisure aide! Dance the night away to live music at the Kaki Gila Discothèque! Witness the spectacular illusions of the Amazing Tachibana in the Starlight Theatre! If you need any assistance, depress the shining red buttons conveniently placed throughout the satellite and a pleasure counselor will promptly assist you. And if you are dissatisfied in any way, please be aware that every pleasure counselor aboard this satellite reports directly to me."

A security detail looks at you quizzically and the lieutenant asks, "Lost?"
 

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
4,002
Reaction score
3,418
"Not really. More like making a tour of the station", Volodimir answers. "Besides, if we were, a pleasure counselor would be glad to give us directions, right?"
 

Bunch

Prince of Insufficient Light.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
4,793
Reaction score
6,269
Trip chuckles at Vols comment.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,086
Reaction score
2,715
Nils turns to the security guard.

"In a sense. Where could a fella buy a decent weapon around here?"
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
11,316
Reaction score
20,065
"Not really. More like making a tour of the station", Volodimir answers. "Besides, if we were, a pleasure counselor would be glad to give us directions, right?"
Trip chuckles at Vols comment.
Nils turns to the security guard.

"In a sense. Where could a fella buy a decent weapon around here?"
"Hmm, that's a good question," answers the lieutenant. "Usually you need to submit to a background check, but that takes some time and you seem like you're in a bit of a hurry..." You get the impression that he'd like some recompense in exchange for information.
hand-pointing-finger-inside-palm-stock-image__k1561051.jpg
 

Bunch

Prince of Insufficient Light.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
4,793
Reaction score
6,269
Trip being slightly behind everyone else looks through his credit sticks and tries to size up an appropriate amount to offer as grease for the information. Something no too excessive as to draw attention yet enough to elicit the desired effect.

OOC if that's something I couldn't reasonably guess here is a 2d6 roll against whatever you feel is most appropriate.

2D6 =5+2=7
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
11,316
Reaction score
20,065
Trip being slightly behind everyone else looks through his credit sticks and tries to size up an appropriate amount to offer as grease for the information. Something no too excessive as to draw attention yet enough to elicit the desired effect.

OOC if that's something I couldn't reasonably guess here is a 2d6 roll against whatever you feel is most appropriate.

2D6 =5+2=7
You feel fifty credits should suffice.
 

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
4,002
Reaction score
3,418
Volodimir notices Trip reaching for his credits sticks and decides to keep his mouth shut.
 

Bunch

Prince of Insufficient Light.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
4,793
Reaction score
6,269
Trip palms the man 100 credits "No one enjoys waiting for the wheels of government to turn. Too often they simply stop for no other reason than to have lunch. "
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
11,316
Reaction score
20,065
"I hear there's a cargo of weapons and other military gear just came in a couple days ago aboard the Estrella Brillante in Docking Bay 2," says the lieutenant. "Rumor has it they have surplus they wouldn't mind selling here. People say Captain Grijalva overextended herself and a deal can be had. But I didn't tell you any of that."

Just in case you forgot, the ship you came in on was abandoned at Docking Bay 5.
 

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
4,002
Reaction score
3,418
OOC: Abandoned? I thought we're locking it!

IC: "I'm sure we've never talked", Volodimir says calmly.
 

Bunch

Prince of Insufficient Light.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
4,793
Reaction score
6,269
"I don't believe I've ever met you." Trip adds with a smile.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
2,086
Reaction score
2,715
"Well nothing we want here, let's head to Docking Bay 2" Nils says heading on with the others.
 

Bunch

Prince of Insufficient Light.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
4,793
Reaction score
6,269
I believe according to US census data there are 83million millennials and 76 million baby boomers.
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
11,316
Reaction score
20,065
As you continue down the corridor to the gate numbered 2, you find the gate is currently open and the bay is bustling with activity. Two starships are docked: one is a small scout-style ship undergoing what looks to be routine maintenance while its crew plays cards at a table made from an overturned crate and intermittently looks on. The other is a large, well-worn freighter, obviously the Estrella Brillante, undergoing serious repairs to its cooling system that has leaked a puddle of coolant two inches deep covering the floor directly beneath the freighter in a patch roughly twenty feet by twenty feet. Fortunately there's no cause for anyone but the repair crew to walk in that area. A middle-aged woman stands nearby and seems to be haggling with the chief of the repair crew.
 

Bunch

Prince of Insufficient Light.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
4,793
Reaction score
6,269
Trip whispers tithe group "Looks line she could use a new used ship. Maybe one that could use a new name and transponder.... anyone up for negotiating a sale or finders fee?"
 

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
4,002
Reaction score
3,418
"This time I like the way you're thinking", Volodimir nodded. "Someone else should do the talking, though".
 
Top