Traveller: Sinharaja Sector (in-character thread)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Trip takes a seat at the turret and tries to get a lock on the chopper. "Nothing says 'NO' like a missle up you're tailpipe!"
"I'd settle for leaving the place, but sure, that works too!"

I run for the bridge and get us off the ground asap.
Trip takes a seat at the turret and tries to get a lock on the chopper. "Nothing says 'NO' like a missle up you're tailpipe!"
As the freighter rises, you now see there are three heavily armored and heavily armed helicopters approaching from your starboard side in a V-formation. Each carries several visible missiles as well as machineguns.

If you are firing, choose a target and chuck 2d6.

Trip aims for the middle one hoping any damage may cause it to collide with one of the others.

(2d6=12!). Now if I could remember if high is good or bad....

Nils runs to the laser turret and takes aim.

OOC: 7, with not being trained 2! :weep:

‘Buckle up!’ I call out and do just that. After the first shots, considering if this is feasible for a starship, I try to take us directly vertical and leave the copters far behind.

Trip aims for the middle one hoping any damage may cause it to collide with one of the others.

(2d6=12!). Now if I could remember if high is good or bad....
Trip blasts the lead chopper out of the sky, showering the other two with debris but not causing any serious damage to either of them. Bits and pieces of helicopter also clatter against the hull of the Vera Caspary.
Nils runs to the laser turret and takes aim.

OOC: 7, with not being trained 2! :weep:
For reasons known only to himself, Nils fires the laser turret into the jungle, blasting apart the lush green boscage as though he held some bitter grudge against it.
‘Buckle up!’ I call out and do just that. After the first shots, considering if this is feasible for a starship, I try to take us directly vertical and leave the copters far behind.
As Eloise maneuvers the Vera Caspary, the ship rocks with a deafening blast from either a near miss or a minor hit; whichever it was, Trip realizes the missile turret is no longer responsive. Fortunately the next helicopter's missile goes wide due to Eloise's steep angle of ascent. The missile explodes in the jungle, sending up a huge plume of flame and smoke. Before the choppers fire again, the battered merchant ship is far away, entering the upper atmosphere.

After the noise and commotion of battle ceases, you realize the comm panel on the computer behind you is softly buzzing and its red light is flashing to indicate an incoming radio transmission.

Last edited:
"Ram the bastards!" He says to Eloise before yelling at Nils
"Either hit them or get out of the seat and let me do it!"

Nils gets out of the turret and shouts at Trip.

"Don't worry, I won't try that again"

He heads to the cockpit to Eloise.

"We're finally out of here, phew! Good flying"

He takes another seat and lets himself calm down. The tension has been too much recently.

"Trip. Stop it. We're getting out, no need to kill more people."
He hesitated before adding.
"The war we fought is over, bro. And we're screwed because we were too good to ever make decent civilians again."

I turn on the transmitter.
Your comm panel is picking up an outgoing broadcast from the starport advising any spacecraft in the area to be alert and forewarned of "a terrorist pirate gang bent on kidnapping, murder, grand theft spacecraft, and other malicious havoc." The message continues, "The stolen starship is the Vera Caspary, identifier Starship 21ZNA9, merchant freighter registered out of Saffron, Sinharaja Sector; consider any and all aboard to be armed and dangerous--." It then repeats the same information in a variety of languages.

"Sorry, Didn't know we were free and clear." Trip replies

"Any other bodies of interest in this system Eloise?" Nils says gesturing to the navigation computer "If not, let's jump once it's safe"

"Any other bodies of interest in this system Eloise?" Nils says gesturing to the navigation computer "If not, let's jump once it's safe"
I'm assuming Eloise checks the ship's databanks...

There's nothing much of interest except a reference to rare mineral mining operations in an asteroid belt at the outer edge of the system. Details are scanty. Aside from that the Xenochrophis system, namesake planet excepted, comprises a few lifeless balls of rock and a pair of gas giants. Then again, this is a merchant freighter so they may not have had much interest in updating their records for anything unrelated to their work shuttling cargoes between Xenochrophis, Serendib, and Saffron.

"Asteroid mining facility probably has little for the likes of us and belt miners can be hard folks...let's jump her when we're a safe enough distance. Agreed?"

"Agreed. Word only travels as fast as ships so if we keep jumping we might be able to get ahead of the notification." Trip adds.

"Agreed. Word only travels as fast as ships so if we keep jumping we might be able to get ahead of the notification." Trip adds.
"Sure. And if we manage to sell her, even cheaply, we should be able to hire on some less hot ship as security", Volodimir adds. "Best way to lose our tracks."

"Works for me" Trip replies

I pick Saffron on the assumption a lack of law the system will be to our advantage and jump.

Once the ship is a safe distance from the gravitic influence of Xenochrophis, Eloise starts the program for the jump to Saffron System, inserting the navigational routine tape into the freighter's computer. The computer does a series of rapid calculations and course adjustments before the ship suddenly lurches forward and back as it enters jump space.
tumblr_oxsd3dr1Na1r5mt4oo1_400.gif
Entering the bizarre, disorienting rainbow dimension makes the less experienced travellers among you feel nauseated, but after the first hour you almost become accustomed to the strangeness of traveling in an alternate dimension and entrusting your safety to a computer program. It almost becomes soothing watching the colors and looking for a pattern.
a3186153c39f3ec984cbf20ec50d9da0.gif
Additionally, after the first hour you almost each become highly aware of the pungent aroma from your colleagues polluting the recycled air: blood, dried sewer muck, tarmac, sweat, mud, you name it. About an hour after that, the ship's intercom buzzes loudly in the calm and the comm panel lights up indicating the origin point to be the ship's lounge, where Volodimir left your prisoner.

Travel time to Saffron is a week, so we'll roleplay whatever is needed and then fast forward to exiting jump space. I mean, unless there's a misjump or some other malfunction...:devil:

"Ah crap! Let's go chat with our captive. " Trip says checking the ammunition in his SMG.

'I'm going to shower,' I say. 'Tell me how it works out.'

Once the ship is a safe distance from the gravitic influence of Xenochrophis, Eloise starts the program for the jump to Saffron System, inserting the navigational routine tape into the freighter's computer. The computer does a series of rapid calculations and course adjustments before the ship suddenly lurches forward and back as it enters jump space.
Entering the bizarre, disorienting rainbow dimension makes the less experienced travellers among you feel nauseated, but after the first hour you almost become accustomed to the strangeness of traveling in an alternate dimension and entrusting your safety to a computer program. It almost becomes soothing watching the colors and looking for a pattern.
Additionally, after the first hour you almost each become highly aware of the pungent aroma from your colleagues polluting the recycled air: blood, dried sewer muck, tarmac, sweat, mud, you name it. About an hour after that, the ship's intercom buzzes loudly in the calm and the comm panel lights up indicating the origin point to be the ship's lounge, where Volodimir left your prisoner.

Travel time to Saffron is a week, so we'll roleplay whatever is needed and then fast forward to exiting jump space. I mean, unless there's a misjump or some other malfunction...:devil:
OOC: I object strongly! The first thing Volodimir would have donre,would have been to shower. Rainbows or not.

Nils looks at the Comm panel slightly horrified. "This is smell is coming from the woman I knocked out. Jesus!"

He heads with Trip to the lounge.

"Ah crap! Let's go chat with our captive. " Trip says checking the ammunition in his SMG.
Nils looks at the Comm panel slightly horrified. "This is smell is coming from the woman I knocked out. Jesus!"

He heads with Trip to the lounge.
In the lounge, you find your prisoner has regained consciousness and managed to depress the intercom switch to get the attention of her captors. She looks at you with disgust and says, "For fuck's sake, have you never heard of soap and water? You grimy sons of bitches stink worse than a Serendibian monkeyhouse!" Nodding at Nils, she adds, "So you're the tough guy who hits women when their backs are turned, eh? Haven't you got the balls to handle a woman who can fight back?"
20190601_123855.jpg
OOC: I object strongly! The first thing Volodimir would have donre,would have been to shower. Rainbows or not.
There is but one "fresher" aboard the ship. Maybe you can use it once Eloise is done.

In the lounge, you find your prisoner has regained consciousness and managed to depress the intercom switch to get the attention of her captors. She looks at you with disgust and says, "For fuck's sake, have you never heard of soap and water? You grimy sons of bitches stink worse than a Serendibian monkeyhouse!" Nodding at Nils, she adds, "So you're the tough guy who hits women when their backs are turned, eh? Haven't you got the balls to handle a woman who can fight back?"

There is but one "fresher" aboard the ship. Maybe you can use it once Eloise is done.
OOC: No, I meant in the hour you mentioned us staring. But OK, Volodimir would accept that Eloise needs it most.

"Well, since you've only had one fresher installed, I'm surprised you'd insist on hygiene that much", Volodimir answers.
"And you're having it wrong. He hit you on the back of the head to save your life. People who fight back are the people we shoot".

"We were pressed for time. Plus we try not to let gender biases impact our decision making. I'm going to point a gun with a hair trigger at you while my friend frisk's you. Trust me when I say I would shoot em without hesitation if you think you can in any way use him as a shield." Trip says.

OOC: No, I meant in the hour you mentioned us staring. But OK, Volodimir would accept that Eloise needs it most.

"Well, since you've only had one fresher installed, I'm surprised you'd insist on hygiene that much", Volodimir answers.
"And you're having it wrong. He hit you on the back of the head to save your life. People who fight back are the people we shoot".
"We were pressed for time. Plus we try not to let gender biases impact our decision making. I'm going to point a gun with a hair trigger at you while my friend frisk's you. Trust me when I say I would shoot em without hesitation if you think you can in any way use him as a shield." Trip says.
"You couldn't have stolen a less valuable ship to steal if you tried, you know. If you bumblefucks are going to kill me, can you just do it now and save the chatter?"

What is Volodimir searching for when he frisks her? Anything special? She has no weapons.

"As stated before, that's exactly what we're trying to avoid. Are you going to cooperate, or do you insist on doing said task harder for us?"

"As stated before, that's exactly what we're trying to avoid. Are you going to cooperate, or do you insist on doing said task harder for us?"
"Cooperate with what? All you've done is had that little fink assault me, steal my ship, and tie me up. You haven't asked me to do anything."

Trip flips the safety off his SMG. "I hate dealing with obtuse people. He's asking if you are going to give us trouble searching you. Put your angry brain away and whip out your helpful brain. Angry brains get spaced. Is that what you're really shooting for because I can help you with that?"

Trip flips the safety off his SMG. "I hate dealing with obtuse people. He's asking if you are going to give us trouble searching you. Put your angry brain away and whip out your helpful brain. Angry brains get spaced. Is that what you're really shooting for because I can help you with that?"
"Wow, you're almost as tough as the dickless wonder who knocked me out. Why would I give you any trouble? You're a big strong stud holding a submachinegun on a helpless woman."

Also, we can assume Volodimir used the shower earlier if you want.

Last edited:
"Ok have it your way." Trip puts a bullet in her thigh.
After any initial response he asks.
"Now do I have your full and polite cooperation?"

"Ok have it your way." Trip puts a bullet in her thigh.
After any initial response he asks.
"Now do I have your full and polite cooperation?"
"You son of a bitch!" she squeals as the blood oozes from her leg. "All right, already, you didn't have to shoot me! What the hell do you want?"

"A compliant prisoner who's clearly aware of the consequences of mouthing off, fucking with us or or in any way being less than 100% helpful. Do we have that?" Trip asks sternly.

"A compliant prisoner who's clearly aware of the consequences of mouthing off, fucking with us or or in any way being less than 100% helpful. Do we have that?" Trip asks sternly.
"Fine, get me a goddam doctor and I'll do whatever you want," she says, pressing her hand against her wound.

Nils approaches the woman and kneels down in front of her, holding his shotgun over his shoulder.

"Look I'd hit anybody in the back of the head in a situation like that, but you've got to stop running your mouth. I'm fucking serious. We've killed more people than I wanted. A lot more. I don't want to kill another. Criminals I can live with, but not somebody like you. So please don't run your mouth or you'll be out the airlock.

Keep quiet and we'll drop you off. Nice and safe. I'll even give you a free crack at my jaw as payback.

Deal?"

OOC: Is Eloise in the room? Dumarest Dumarest mentioned we can assume Volodimir had used the fresher after her, so I assume she's not there.

If she is:
"That's what I wanted to prevent", Volodimir shakes his head. "Eloise, please take care of her. I think we reached an understanding."

If she's not:
Volodimir darts off to bring Eloise. Isn't there any time for smart-ass comments, one might ask, knowing the former Marine?
Alas, sometimes even he can't fight the time to keep his image.

Last edited:
Nils approaches the woman and kneels down in front of her, holding his shotgun over his shoulder.

"Look I'd hit anybody in the back of the head in a situation like that, but you've got to stop running your mouth. I'm fucking serious. We've killed more people than I wanted. A lot more. I don't want to kill another. Criminals I can live with, but not somebody like you. So please don't run your mouth or you'll be out the airlock.

Keep quiet and we'll drop you off. Nice and safe. I'll even give you a free crack at my jaw as payback.

Deal?"
"Fine, fine, what do you want with me and my ship?"
OOC: Is Eloise in the room? Dumarest Dumarest mentioned we can assume Volodimir had used the fresher after her, so I assume she's not there.

If she is:

"That's what I wanted to prevent", Volodimir shakes his head. "Eloise, please take care of her. I think we reached an understanding."

If she's not:

Volodimir darts off to bring Eloise. Isn't there any time for smart-ass comments, one might ask, knowing the former Marine?

Alas, sometimes even he can't fight the time to keep his image.
Eloise is not there at this time:
'I'm going to shower,' I say. 'Tell me how it works out.'
Is Volodimir interrupting Eloise in the "fresher'?

"Fine, fine, what do you want with me and my ship?"

Eloise is not there at this time:

Is Volodimir interrupting Eloise in the "fresher'?
OOC: You can bet. If he gets there before she's out...

"Eloise!", Volodimir says, tapping on the door. "Come quickly, please - no time. Trip just shot the captive in the leg!"

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back