Tunnels & Trolls : The Isle of Darksmoke pbp

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,361
Sally really wants to go to bed as soon as possible and sleep off this oogy feeling.
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
2,339
"I guess I'll head up to sleep as well." as he flitters after Sally. Quietly he whispers to her "You want to take an early morning guard shift? I'll take it late so you can rest first, something about this place ill sits with me." He lands on her shoulder.
 

Gringnr

Part-Time Booty Goon
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
2,834
Reaction score
4,696
"Sounds fair enough, being as we are men of means," replies Bravo as he waggles his finger to ensure his signet ring catches the light. "No drink, drugs, or women for me, alas, as I have business matters to deliberate."
Rublehead looks forward to a good night's sleep.
Sally really wants to go to bed as soon as possible and sleep off this oogy feeling.
"I guess I'll head up to sleep as well." as he flitters after Sally. Quietly he whispers to her "You want to take an early morning guard shift? I'll take it late so you can rest first, something about this place ill sits with me." He lands on her shoulder.


OOC: I am assuming that Tulpa Girl Tulpa Girl is in agreement with the others, if I am wrong, I trust that she will tell me so...

The bouncer, seeing that the party has assembled, leads them silently up a flight of stairs at the building's Southeast end. The staircase, walled on either side with planks of wood, like the rest of the inn, is narrow, passable only in a single file line by all save Midnight. At its summit is an equally narrow hallway that runs the length of the building's East side, and around its Southern side, leading perhaps to rooms on the other side.. On the West side of this hallway are a row of doors. Three of them.

"Here you are, then. Says the bouncer. "There are bolts on the inside, for your privacy. The rooms are yours until after breakfast, which is an hour or so after sunup. Please be considerate of the other guests, and enjoy your stay", he says without enthusiasm, obviously having spoken these words a thousand times. "Appreciate your business. If you need anything in the middle of the night, there's always someone manning the bar. Good night, then." He flashes a wan smile and turns, heading back down the stairs to the somewhat abated noise and odors emanating from the first floor.
 

Gringnr

Part-Time Booty Goon
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
2,834
Reaction score
4,696
The rooms are Smallish, and sparse. But they are clean. There are two small, thin beds in each, and on each one, what appear to be clean, if somewhat old and threadbare linens. The mattresses are thin, but appear intact. There is indeed a small bar on the inside of each door. The bars looks as though they could be torn from the door entirely by a moderately hard shove from the outside, but should preclude anyone entering soundlessly.Aiding the bar in this are the door hinges, which sound as if they haven't been oiled, ever. There are no windows, and no furnishings besides the bed. Though the floor, you can hear the sounds of The Seven Curses, somehow muffled, yet loud enough that you will undoubtedly hear them in your dreams...
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,596
Bravo lowers the bar and inspects the room before settling in, placing extra emphasis on any concealed points of entry or hollow walls and floors. Once satisfied that he is secure, he will sleep with a blade under his pillow.
 

Tulpa Girl

"Hello, motherf*ckers!"
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Messages
3,113
Reaction score
10,731
After a perfunctory examination of their room, Bera and Zala climb into their respective beds to get some rest.
 

Gringnr

Part-Time Booty Goon
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
2,834
Reaction score
4,696
Bravo lowers the bar and inspects the room before settling in, placing extra emphasis on any concealed points of entry or hollow walls and floors. Once satisfied that he is secure, he will sleep with a blade under his pillow.
Sally collapses sideways on a bed.
After a perfunctory examination of their room, Bera and Zala climb into their respective beds to get some rest.
Rublehead hits the hay.


OOC: Gonna assume Midnight is ready to rack out as well, I'll let him correct me if I'm wrong. Also, Midnight has gotten all of his STR points back by now. It's one every ten minutes as long as you're not doing anything more strenuous than walking, or, for a fairy, casual flying...

Upon inspection, the rooms are cleaner than expected, and the bedclothes have been laundered. Nothing fancy, but you've had worse. There is a lingering mustiness, as of an accumulation of years worth of smoke, sweat and who knows what else, from the tavern downstairs, as well as any travelers who may have occupied these rooms before. Bravo, despite a painstaking search, finds no means of entrance save the door he entered through, nor any sign of other types of skullduggery. Bera and Zala are likewise satisfied that their room is secure enough. It is, however, hard to believe that the unsavory goings on at The Seven Curses would be confined to the ground floor of the place...

OOC: There was talk of posting a watch, or sleeping in shift earlier. Is that still the plan? Also, Bera and Zala are in a room together, what are everyone else's sleeping arrangements?
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
2,339
Midnight is taking a watch over Sally, to let her rest. He'll give her till he gets too tired to stay awake, then sleep himself. But he doesn't trust this place at all. So he tries to sleep lightly.
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,596
OOC: I'm not sure how many of us there are...I've lost track...but Bravo will either take a solo room or share depending on the math.
 

Gringnr

Part-Time Booty Goon
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
2,834
Reaction score
4,696
OOC: 6 adventurers, 3 rooms. But one of you is a fairy, so not much space taken up.
 

Gringnr

Part-Time Booty Goon
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
2,834
Reaction score
4,696
Except for a few instances of joyless revelry from the Tavern below you, nothing happens to disturb the party during the night. Roosters begin to crow at sunup...
 

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
9,136
Reaction score
14,809
Rublehead wakes to the first rooster call. "Time to get going" he says to his room mate before going to knock on the doors of the rest of the group members.
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
2,339
"Eh, so dawn torments me again when the rooster crows in pain..I much prefer the moon," he says to himself as he stretches and claims his belongings. "Sally, wake up," he says in a loud but not too loud voice. "It's time to get this going I guess..."
 

Gringnr

Part-Time Booty Goon
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
2,834
Reaction score
4,696
Shortly after the roosters' cry rouses the denizens of the village (not to mention the party), lumbering footsteps are heard coming up the stairs, followd by a single thumping knock at each door. A voice so dour, it can only be Pookas' says, "Breakfast!" at each door, as he pounds on it.
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,596
"Ah! Ah! Breakfast says he," Bravo says aloud to himself or to whoever is sharing the room. "I like the sound of that. Indeed, this disreputable innkeep seems to have retained some small bit of sense in his otherwise dullard brain, gleaning, no doubt, that there is coin to be had from the Baron through us as the Baron's vouchsafed vessels. His insulting demeanor has faded, at least for the nonce, now that he is aware of the quality of person he deals with!"

I retrieve my blade and have it at the ready when I open the door to see what victuals are served.
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
2,339
Midnight yawns and packs, and flitters down. "I think we should get the meal before we head out."
 

Gringnr

Part-Time Booty Goon
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
2,834
Reaction score
4,696
"Ah! Ah! Breakfast says he," Bravo says aloud to himself or to whoever is sharing the room. "I like the sound of that. Indeed, this disreputable innkeep seems to have retained some small bit of sense in his otherwise dullard brain, gleaning, no doubt, that there is coin to be had from the Baron through us as the Baron's vouchsafed vessels. His insulting demeanor has faded, at least for the nonce, now that he is aware of the quality of person he deals with!"

I retrieve my blade and have it at the ready when I open the door to see what victuals are served.

Before Bravo open the door, you can hear Pookas making his way down the hall. He rounds the corner, pounding on all the doors, before returning to head down the stairs. He sees Bravo and says, "Eggs, cheese and fruit in the tavern. Fresh milk. Clean water."
 

Tulpa Girl

"Hello, motherf*ckers!"
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Messages
3,113
Reaction score
10,731
Bera and Zala both avail themselves to breakfast, Bera being reasonably upbeat and conversational, Zala not so much.
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,596
"Ah! Onward and downward, I say, for the fruit of the hen, the dual legacies of the cow, and the elixir of life itself wait!" says Bravo as he makes a beeline downstairs for food and drink.

I sniff, inspect, and taste everything to ensure no funny business before I ingest, imbibe, quaff, or otherwise consume the fare on hand.
 

Gringnr

Part-Time Booty Goon
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
2,834
Reaction score
4,696
For those who venture downstairs, food is set upon the bar, buffet-style. There are wooden bowls, and jugged beverages sit next to stacked wooden cups. Boiled eggs, dried beef, fruit, milk and water. Nothing has any ill smell, look or flavor. Seemingly, the foulness of the place is limited to the ale and the tavernkeep's humor...
 

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
9,136
Reaction score
14,809
Rublehead heads down. To whomever looks like they are manning or in charge of the buffet he asks "What's the cost of the meal?"
 

Gringnr

Part-Time Booty Goon
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
2,834
Reaction score
4,696
Rublehead heads down. To whomever looks like they are manning or in charge of the buffet he asks "What's the cost of the meal?"

Pookas, looking over the bar with hus usual good cheer, barks, "It's included with last night's stay. Help yourself."
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,596
Bravo eats his fill and then some, not knowing when or where his next meal will be found, and surreptitiously slips as many hardboiled eggs as he can into his pouches, pockets, and/or backpack; if anyone observes this, he will simply remark, "Naturally my associate the Baron will settle up with you later when you present him with your itemization...or shall I pay you now and advise him that you say his credit is no good here? As you prefer, my good man."
 

Gringnr

Part-Time Booty Goon
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
2,834
Reaction score
4,696
OOC: Mom's Birthday today, little or no posting from me, back at it tomorrow, thanks.
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
2,339
Midnight eats warily, but keeps an eye for any foulness (since there is none) He eats his fill. "So, are there specific plans we need to make before we head out?"
 

Gringnr

Part-Time Booty Goon
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
2,834
Reaction score
4,696
Midnight eats warily, but keeps an eye for any foulness (since there is none) He eats his fill. "So, are there specific plans we need to make before we head out?"

OOC: when you say, "keeping an eye out for any foulness", how do you mean...?
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
2,339
Ooc: Midnight is first watching people eating to see if they start behaving oddly, and only then if he notices nothing takes small tastes to see if he recognizes any foulness. (Luck roll? Int?)
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,596
OOC: Can you remind us where it was we needed to go to obtain the plants after we get our gear? I was scrolling the prior pages through but seem to have somehow missed it.

"Aye, let's eat and drink as much as we can hold, for we otherwise tempt a capricious fate when we know not what tomorrow will bring," says Bravo. "Then let us find the marketplace where can obtain goods and sundries requisite to the task before us."
 

Gringnr

Part-Time Booty Goon
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
2,834
Reaction score
4,696
OOC: Can you remind us where it was we needed to go to obtain the plants after we get our gear? I was scrolling the prior pages through but seem to have somehow missed it.

Again the Baron pauses, this time to take a drink of his wine, which he first swirls around in his goblet. "There is said to be a strain of kywa, grown in the depths of Darksmoke itself, that is superior to all others. It is referred to, by those who know of it, as "Darksmoke's Delight."
 

Gringnr

Part-Time Booty Goon
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
2,834
Reaction score
4,696
Ooc: Midnight is first watching people eating to see if they start behaving oddly, and only then if he notices nothing takes small tastes to see if he recognizes any foulness. (Luck roll? Int?)

Make a Lvl 1 SR-INT (20 - INT, Doubles Add & Roll Over, number rolled + Adventure Point reward)
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,361
Sally looks to Midnight for clues on what to eat, given her bad experience yesterday.
 

Gringnr

Part-Time Booty Goon
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
2,834
Reaction score
4,696
OOC: waiting on Midnight's INT roll, and to see if anyone else has anything they want to do at breakfast...
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
2,339
Make a Lvl 1 SR-INT (20 - INT, Doubles Add & Roll Over, number rolled + Adventure Point reward)

Midnight pays close attention, but is somewhat distracted he's not a morning person (8 roll vs 5 TN)
 
Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Top