Types of drivers for a Car Wars homage boardgame

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Moracai

Dual-wielding hockey sticks
Reaction score
I'm toying with an idea to make a rules-lite, beer & pretzels type board game that can be played just about anywhere and with common household items. If anyone's familiar with Giant Fighty Robots game, that's somewhat the direction I'm going for.

I have been itching to try out my writing skills in Finnish, as most of the stuff that I've made public has been in English, so this is somewhat thankless thing for the lot of you... I started it today and have written two whole pages for it! Huuuge progress, I know :tongue:

Anyway, the game starts with each player choosing a driver type and vehicle. I haven't had evocative and out-of-the-box ideas for the driver types yet and was wondering if you guys could help me out a little bit here?

Brainstorm a bunch of tropes, as much as you can, without any kind of restraint. Shamelessy steal ideas from others with reckless abandon. Then carefully and methodically curate the list until it only includes ones who fit your vision. In other words "write drunk, edit sober".

The Speed Demon
Gun Bunny/Action Girl
The Lawman
Filthy Rich Cheater

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back