VENGER CON

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Venger Satanis

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
Yep, I decided to create my own gaming convention next year (July 22nd - 24th, 2022). It's called Venger Con!

Way back in 2005, I organized a Cthulhu Mythos / H.P. Lovecraft convention in the very same city, Madison WI. That went really well. So, I'm hoping Venger Con is also successful. It'll focus on old-school, OSR, and traditional RPGs along with workshops on relevant topics (GMing, playing, writing adventures, and so on).

Here's the Tabletop Events link: https://tabletop.events/conventions/venger-con-2022

Hope you can make it!

VS

Now, that we're in 2022, I'd like to bump this thread. Venger Con will be three days of pure, unadulterated old-school, OSR, and traditional RPGs! If you know what you want to run or play, feel free to post it here in this thread. ;)

Thanks,

VS

Way too far away for me, but it might be a good idea to post the draft schedule if you have one yet?

I will have to see how my child custody battle turns out before I can commit. (Edit to say: I’m fighting to get more time with her)

Last edited:
I don't have much at the moment, unfortunately. 14 attendees. A guy running his own RPG, some AD&D, a few speculative promises, and then I plan on running at least 3 sessions of Cha'alt using Crimson Dragon Slayer D20.

As soon as more people sign-up and GMs tell me what they're running, I can put a schedule together. Worst case scenario, there's about 40 attendees (that's my break-even point for putting on the convention) with only a couple GMs and I have to run non-stop Cha'alt for everybody throughout the entire convention. That would be crazy... but also kind of awesome!

Thanks,

VS

Schedule so far... (6 players for each game)

Friday

Panel Discussion / Workshop on RPG Fundamentals like GMing, playing, immersion, adventure writing, etc. 9am - 10am

Old-School Essentials 10am - 2pm

OSR Fantasy 10am - 2pm

Cha'alt with Crimson Dragon Slayer D20 2pm - 6pm

Saturday

Panel Discussion / Workshop on RPG Fundamentals like GMing, playing, immersion, adventure writing, etc. 9am - 10am

Old-School Essentials 10am - 2pm

Gangbusters B/X 10am - 2pm

Sunday

Lamentations of the Flame Princess 10am - 2pm

_________

Want to submit an event or sign-up to play a game at VENGER CON? Grab your ticket (limited to 100): https://tabletop.events/conventions/venger-con-2022

Thanks,

VS

Last edited:
Schedule so far... (6 players for each game; sessions should end 10 - 15 minutes early to make sure folks can get to their next game without being late)

Friday

Randall Nichols running Old-School Essentials 10am - 2pm

DM Bluddworth running OSR Fantasy from 10am - 2pm

Dead Gaming Society presents (run by Colin Hansson) At The End of the World Prince Edmund, Son of King Ericall of Norwold using Dark Dungeons (high-level characters; pregens provided) from 10am - 4pm

Mike Walsh running DCC from 2pm - 6pm

Venger Satanis running Cha'alt with Crimson Dragon Slayer D20 from D20 2pm - 6pm

Venger Satanis running The Outer Presence (old-school rules-light Call of Cthulhu) from 6pm - 10pm

Saturday

Randall Nichols running Old-School Essentials from 10am - 2pm

DM Bluddworth running Gangbusters B/X from 10am - 2pm

Misha Burnett running "An Atlas of Bad Roads" based on his upcoming horror anthology "using a stripped-down D&D system". It starts in a truck stop in rural Missouri at 3am. This session is from 10am - 2pm.

Mike Walsh running DCC from 2 - 6pm

Venger Satanis running Cha'alt with Crimson Dragon Slayer D20 from 2pm - 6pm

Venger Satanis running Alpha Blue from 6pm - 10pm

Sunday

Lord Matteus running Lamentations of the Flame Princess from 10am - 2pm

DM Bluddworth running AD&D from 10am - 2pm

Mike Walsh running DCC from 10am - 2pm

Cha'alt with Crimson Dragon Slayer D20 from 2pm - 6pm

_________

Want to submit an event or sign-up to play a game at VENGER CON? Grab your ticket (limited to 100): https://tabletop.events/conventions/venger-con-2022

Thanks,

VS

Schedule so far... (6 players for each game, sessions should end 10 - 15 minutes early to make sure folks can get to their next game without being late)

Friday

Dead Gaming Society presents (run by Colin Hansson) At The End of the World Prince Edmund, Son of King Ericall of Norwold using Dark Dungeons (high-level characters; pregens provided) from 10am - 4pm

Venger Satanis running Cha'alt with Crimson Dragon Slayer D20 from D20 2pm - 6pm

Venger Satanis running The Outer Presence (old-school rules-light Call of Cthulhu) from 6pm - 10pm

Saturday

Misha Burnett running "An Atlas of Bad Roads" based on his upcoming horror anthology "using a stripped-down D&D system". It starts in a truck stop in rural Missouri at 3am. This session is from 10am - 2pm.

Dream of the Dragon, a new TTRPG by Ivan Richmond, is a rules-light, flexible, and easily expandable game based on the d20 system. It is a classless system that is compatible with most versions of D&D and OSR games.

Adventure: Caves of Light

The Gnomes of Rockwold have asked for your help ridding their mithril mine of goblins. They offer 1,000 gold pieces worth of mithril ore and a coat of mithril mail for your troubles. This is an introductory adventure for starting characters. Session Length: 6 hours with a 15 minute break in the middle... Noon - 6pm

Sunday

_________

Thanks,

VS

Schedule so far... (6 players for each game, sessions should end 10 - 15 minutes early to make sure folks can get to their next game without being late)

Friday

Magic Ritual performed by Venger Satanis (attendees are welcome to participate or observe, if they wish) "The Rebirth of Kort'thalis" to open the way between our reality and Cha'alt. This magical operation is from 10pm - 10:15pm

Saturday

*Dream of the Dragon, a new TTRPG by Ivan Richmond, is a rules-light, flexible, and easily expandable game based on the d20 system. It is a classless system that is compatible with most versions of D&D and OSR games.
*Adventure: Caves of Light
*The Gnomes of Rockwold have asked for your help ridding their mithril mine of goblins. They offer 1,000 gold pieces worth of mithril ore and a coat of mithril mail for your troubles. This is an introductory adventure for starting characters. Session Length: 6 hours with a 15 minute break in the middle... Noon - 6pm[/li][/list]

James Jeffers is running AD&D 1e - RAW - 2pm to 6pm Saturday, content TBD

Game Swap (trade your unwanted RPG books with other attendees) 10pm - 10:15pm

Sunday

Blood Oath ceremony giving us the strength to fight back so that gaming can be great again! 6pm - 6:15pm

_________

Thanks,

VS

I mean, I wasn't planning on attending, but if you're giving away a car...

MDC.png

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back