Lunar Ronin

New Generation Grognard
Administrator
Reaction score
Post your video gamer tags.

Discord: Apparition#2257

GOG Galaxy: Apparition_B5

PlayStation Network: Apparition_B5

I would recommend that if you send someone a friend request, that you include your RPG Pub username in the friend request message if possible.

Last edited:
PSN: TheFamousTommyZ
Steam: TommyBHackWriter
GOG Galaxy: TommyBHackWriter

Mostly FPS games: Skunkape

Hopefully the image below won't offend anyone, but here's an image I used to use on gaming forums.

skunkape.jpg

Last edited:
Been away from my computer and PS4 for months. Will post once I have them back up and running.

Been running a dying computer for a year now, so I haven't been gaming, but I just got a new gaming-capable computer. I am back in the PC gaming scene!

Steam: Baulderstone
GOG Galaxy: Baulderstone

I'm pretty much the only 'Mankcam' on the net, and try to use the same avatar as well
I'm in Origin/EA, Bethesda, XBox, PS4, and also on Steam.

Despite such, I'm not a huge PC/Console gamer, and usually just incidentally link up with a few of my cronies when time permits

Last edited:
I bought a gaming-capable laptop earlier this year, but I'm a pretty lame PC gamer overall. I own Stellaris and Arma3 (which a friend recommended, and I thoroughly disliked).

Steam: krpeterson1

XBL: Daniel Ream
PSN: Daniel_Ream
Steam: daniel_ream
I mostly play old AAA single-player action/adventure games, but I'm also a fan of the Burnout Paradise/Forza Horizon series.

PSN: BrowningExpress

I've been playing Call of Duty: WWII lately. Look me up if you want to party up.

Xbox live : MrYann 013

I am on Destiny 2 (yes, I know ...)

Bashere on Steam with the same avatar. Mostly been playing GTA Online of late, however.

Anyone here play the BF series of games on PC?

What does BF stand for? I guess that I have to ask shows that I don't play whatever it is.

What does BF stand for? I guess that I have to ask shows that I don't play whatever it is.
Probably the Battlefield series of games.
I used to play BF2, BF Vietnam, and BF3 a few years ago, but have sat the last few out. Excellent series however.

Last edited:
Played the hell out of BF1942 many moons ago. Tried Vietnam and BF2 but the group of people who played broke up and the magic was gone.

I've been curious about the BF games, but I have yet to give them a try.

Played the hell out of BF1942 many moons ago. Tried Vietnam and BF2 but the group of people who played broke up and the magic was gone.
Yeah I had a good group and server for BF2 &BF3. Some stuck around for BF4 but not enough. I wasn't too enamored with BF1. I'm hoping the next one is better for me. I really enjoyed BF2. I wish they'd just update that one.

I've got back to LOTRO after a 9 year absence heh heh.

Just playing one to two nights a week with my old crowd for the last two months. We're almost finished the epic quest in Moria, and about to venture in Lothlorien.

Lots of fun for the Tolkien fan in me, it still grabs me a decade later:grin:

Last edited:
I edited my original post to add my Discord tag, especially seeing as how Discord began selling video games today.

I've been curious about the BF games, but I have yet to give them a try.
Gonna be That Guy and say that the first (1942) was the best. I literally played it for about three years. What sets the BF games apart from CoD, CS and all the others is that (a) the maps are massive, and (b) a solid interplay between infantry and vehicles. BF1942 achieved the best balance of the latter for one reason: even on the huge maps, planes move too fast after the WWII era. Also, AFAIK, 1942 was the only one to include a substantial naval component. It was the least fulfilling part of the combined arms, but it really did add something.

Finally, BF 1942 allowed you to go prone, and not all of its successors do. Going prone is the only way to make stealth a viable option. When you're flat on your belly, you can hide behind very subtle dips and rises in the land. I've spent as long as five minutes to sneak behind a tank guarding a bridge to blow it up with explosive charges. Extremely satisfying in multiplayer.

XBoxLive: Daniel Ream

Just got a PS4, and I have to be honest, this gen seems anemic for games. Kind of enjoying the Shadow of ___ series though.

XBoxLive: Daniel Ream

Just got a PS4, and I have to be honest, this gen seems anemic for games. Kind of enjoying the Shadow of ___ series though.

What kind of games do you like?

What kind of games do you like?

Generally single player action/adventure games with some narrative. So the Assassin's Creed series, Batman: Arkham series, stuff like that. There's not enough of that this gen, I expect probably because it's not an easy design to monetize post-sale.

Generally single player action/adventure games with some narrative. So the Assassin's Creed series, Batman: Arkham series, stuff like that. There's not enough of that this gen, I expect probably because it's not an easy design to monetize post-sale.

Take a look at Marvel's Spider-Man and Horizon Zero Dawn if you haven't already. IMO, they're the two best PlayStation exclusive titles this generation.

Spider-Man is absolutely on the list, I'm just waiting for a sale. Tell me more about Horizon? I've given up trusting review sites and none of my friends have it (I have a couple of friends with PS4s and I enjoy watching games almost as much as playing, which is how I build my wishlist).

Spider-Man is absolutely on the list, I'm just waiting for a sale. Tell me more about Horizon? I've given up trusting review sites and none of my friends have it (I have a couple of friends with PS4s and I enjoy watching games almost as much as playing, which is how I build my wishlist).

The Horizon Zero Dawn is an open world science-fiction action RPG. The backstory is: In the 21st Century, something apocalyptic occurred. It's now a thousand years later, and the only remaining biological life form on Earth is humans, who has regressed to primitive tribes. Every other life form has been wiped out, replaced by large robotic machines that largely resemble earth's creatures of the past, including dinosaurs. Humanity largely co-existed peacefully with machines for centuries, until recently. The machines have become more and more aggressive towards humans. You play a teenage girl named Aloy who is in a hunter-gatherer tribe. You fight giant robot dinosaurs with bows and arrows and spears. If that alone doesn't sell the game, I don't know what will. :grin:

Since you said you enjoy watching games, take a look at this, which will give a much better overview of the gameplay than I could:

xbox live: Picaroon Jack

Games that are on the current rotation: Sea of Thieves, No Man's Sky, State of Decay 2, Dying Light, 7 Days to Die, Deep Rock Galactic, and the Strange Brigade.

Nintendo: Shroompunk (faeriegodfather@gmail.com)

Don't have much multiplayer at the moment. Just Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection and Mario X Rabbids. Gonna acquire Smash and Maker and some NEOGEO ports.

PSN Stumpydave

Currently wasting my time earning a crust in GTA online with a splash of the Division 2.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back