WandaVision Spoiler Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I wouldn't count on her. I think she's there strictly to replace ScarJo/Nat, since no one was able to correct her problem once she bottomed out.

(I know... same cheap joke. I need new material)

I don't get the reference

black_widow_vs_hawkeye_-_black_widows_death_scene___avengers_endgame_2019_movie_clip.gif

I wouldn't count on her. I think she's there strictly to replace ScarJo/Nat, since no one was able to correct her problem once she bottomed out.

(I know... same cheap joke. I need new material)

She is slated to appear in the Hawkeye show, which makes me wonder if Yelena and Kate will have a similar relationship that Clint and Natasha had

She is slated to appear in the Hawkeye show, which makes me wonder if Yelena and Kate will have a similar relationship that Clint and Natasha had

Well, considering the fact that Clint will be there, and he and Yelena had an adversarial relationship, I'd thought that was the reason, especially as it's been said that it's ostensibly his show, not Kate's. Clint just gets no respect, let alone Jeremy Renner. He must have a huge karmic debt or something the way people rake him over the coals.

Well, considering the fact that Clint will be there, and he and Yelena had an adversarial relationship, I'd thought that was the reason, especially as it's been said that it's ostensibly his show, not Kate's. Clint just gets no respect, let alone Jeremy Renner. He must have a huge karmic debt or something the way people rake him over the coals.

At this point, it hasn't been shown that Clint and Yelena have even met in the MCU. It could come out that they have in Black Widow or Hawkeye's show, but to date, they don't seem to have a connection

At this point, it hasn't been shown that Clint and Yelena have even met in the MCU. It could come out that they have in Black Widow or Hawkeye's show, but to date, they don't seem to have a connection

I'm not saying in the MCU. I'm saying in the comics. But the fact remains, it's his show, to go into his anemic past as a character, and flesh his character out.

It’s hard to say how they’ll handle her going forward since we haven’t seen Black Widow yet. However that plays out will be a big factor in whatever future appearances she has.

Well it depends on what version they want to go with. But, of the characters that have (or will) appear in films that have connections to the Thunderbolts (one version or another), you're looking at:
- Ross himself
- Zemo
- Ghost
- Taskmaster
- Black Widow (Yelena)
- US Agent

Then you have villains who are still around in the MCU but who haven't really been tied to the Thunderbolts comics:
- Baroc
- Abomination
- Leader(?)

And then, you have some really potentially exciting options that may now be available:
- Punisher
- Elektra
- Deadpool

They can also intro characters like Moonstone or Songbird if needed, or any other character. I don't think all of these characters will play a part, and I think Punisher, Elektra, and Deadpool are longshots, but I think there's a ton of characters they have to draw from.

I'd love to see Abomination come back, but I'm doubtful about Leader (or at least that version).

And the last 3 you mention were T-Bolts in Ross's version in the comics, so that does make sense using them.

Of course, I'd love to see Talbot/Graviton somehow come back, and be the villain in that one. Then again, the T-Bolts could be created to go after Wanda over Westview (either because of the accords of just because the US doesn't like having an entire town manipulated like that by a superhuman).

And yeah, they can just bring other villains in, but I like how Marvel prefers to introduce them (unlike DC who threw them all in during Suicide Squad)

I'd also point out the last season of Daredevil introduced Bullseye, so that could be another option for the team. He was also ex-military, so if they're going for a black ops version, he would fit with many of the others (not sure what Taskmaster's background is, but pretty much everyone else other than leader has some kind of military and/or mercenary background)

Yeah, I think the Thunderbolts are at their most interesting when they're more conflicted....when they have a good cause, but their methods are questionable, or when they're kind of awful, but are tempted toward being good. Some kind moral conflict needs to be present for them for the concept to be different enough from the standard superhero team. Walker being overly aggressive, but having motives that are ultimately good, would suit. Depends on what they do with him.

I think you could have some conflict with some of these people. Ghost's background in the MCU shows she didn't want to be a weapon, and US Agent and Abomination could likely have tension (as Walker seems to be overly patriotic, while Abomination kind of turned to self-interest). And if they were to include Deadpool, he creates conflict just by being himself. If Yelena should be included, She and Walker might have issues due to the rivalry between their countries. It will hopefully be interesting to see where they go with it.

It’s hard to say how they’ll handle her going forward since we haven’t seen Black Widow yet. However that plays out will be a big factor in whatever future appearances she has.

Totally guessing here, but I suspect her being in Hawkeye is a result of events from Black Widow (and her death in Endgame). It is likely common knowledge she died in the quest to bring everyone back (much like everyone knows Tony died), so that might have a link to why she's involved with Hawkeye and/or Kate

Totally guessing here, but I suspect her being in Hawkeye is a result of events from Black Widow (and her death in Endgame). It is likely common knowledge she died in the quest to bring everyone back (much like everyone knows Tony died), so that might have a link to why she's involved with Hawkeye and/or Kate

I have a feeling maybe a funeral for Nat may be something we see in Hawkeye. Again....depends on how her movie plays out, but that’s a hunch I have. If it plays out, Clint and Yelena may meet there. Whether they’ve met previously or not we’ll have to wait and see.

I have a feeling maybe a funeral for Nat may be something we see in Hawkeye. Again....depends on how her movie plays out, but that’s a hunch I have. If it plays out, Clint and Yelena may meet there. Whether they’ve met previously or not we’ll have to wait and see.

Given the lengthy past Clint and Natasha had prior to Avengers, it is possible he met Yelena before. They just haven't shown it yet. If they have, I suspect it will come up in either Black Widow of the Hawkeye show

Given the lengthy past Clint and Natasha had prior to Avengers, it is possible he met Yelena before.

In the comics, I think he met her during the Dark Avengers arc, which I think would be much cooler than Thunderbolts. And bring in Sentry! Of course, since Marvel doesn't have Green Goblin, and he's not been in the new Spiderman stuff yet, that will not happen.

As far as what they've shown in the trailers, it might be a very long time since they've seen each other; it seems it was back from the Red Room days, which would have been before Clint. It will be really interesting to see, though.

As far as things revealed in Black Widow, it's worth remembering that was supposed to come out last May. We are currently out-of-sync on the release schedule. While I doubt that there was anything in the movie connected to WandaVision, it might be the case with Falcon and the Winter Soldier, which connects to the espionage side of the MCU.

As far as things revealed in Black Widow, it's worth remembering that was supposed to come out last May. We are currently out-of-sync on the release schedule. While I doubt that there was anything in the movie connected to WandaVision, it might be the case with Falcon and the Winter Soldier, which connects to the espionage side of the MCU.

My understanding is they made some changes to Falcon & WS based on the fact that it'll now be out before the Black Widow film. Nothing too drastic, just some edits.

But I can't recall where I heard that, so it may not be accurate.

Probably in Budapest.

That's another thing I think we may see in either the BW film or in the Hawkeye series.

So this article about the show points out that the Darkhold featured is not the same one from SHIELD and Runaways (as in neither of those are considered the MCU version of the book, while the one in WandaVision is). So I guess that means they don't consider Runaways as part of the MCU Earth either (and likely Cloak and Dagger either, since the two crossed over)

So I guess we'll just have to see where they go with it. I'd sincerely doubt they're going the Chthon route though. That's a bit too much to unpack in one movie. I also note that they're using Photon instead of Prism.

I just realized I have no new Wandavision episode to look forward to tonight and it's left a hole in my week's viewing. Will have to find a new TV show to fill the gap.

I just realized I have no new Wandavision episode to look forward to tonight and it's left a hole in my week's viewing. Will have to find a new TV show to fill the gap.
I think the 'making of' episode is supposed to drop in the same time slot.

Oh I never watch making of shows. Ruins the fantasy
I remember during one season of Doctor Who, BBC America would run interview clips with members of the cast during every ad break. It was like watching a play with the actors stopping every ten minutes to talk to you about the production.

At least it was better than the season where during all their shows, they'd run a ten-second "coming up!" clip during ad breaks to show you the most dramatic and surprising thing that was going to happen during the next segment of the show. BBC America really was the worst.

Due to an ill-advised viewing pact I've only just finished WandaVision. I was just blown away. It was absolutely terrific. I suspect it was entertaining enough for the casual viewer, but for those of us deeply investing the comicbook and MCU lore, there was so much to enjoy. They very skillfully blended the comicbook lore with the movies and made it appear as coherent as the genre allows. The MCU method of honouring and leveraging what has happened before while always building the foundations for what comes next was very evident here and in effect it mirror Marvel did in the comics back in the day.

Olsen must be very pleased how it works. The show was great showcase for any actor, and I suspect when she took a supporting role in the croweded cast of Age Of Ultron, she never expect it would lead to this. But I she totally earned her place, I feel she really made of most her relatively small roles in the Avengers and Civil War movies. I'd always wondered whether it was just my imagination when she seemed to revert back to her Eastern European accent in Endgame, but WandaVision makes it clear it was all very deliberate. Same could be said for Paul Bettany, but then playing stiff and British isn't much of a stretch.

• As many mention here, bring back Darcy and Woo was a stroke of genius
  • Eager to see what happens now with Photon/Captain Marvel II
  • As an old FF reader, it will take time for me to adjust to evil Agatha Harkness.
  • While I'm good with the resolution in the final episode, the fight scenes between the Visions and the witches looked a bit shoddy to me and Wanda's new costume, while not a bad costume, looked jarring in the context of the show.
  • I guess this put to rest any hope I had that as some stage Wanda might bring back permanently the AoU version of Pietro. He was very good in that role. That really does not seem to be on the cards now.
  • Now just hoping the rest of the Disney+ MCU series are of the same quality as this could be one hell of a ride.

You know, that was the first MCU film that I walked out of the theatre feeling disappointed. Not, like it was bad, just "meh" (yes, I liked all the early ones every one hates now, like Captain America 1 and Thor 2).

But it's grown on me since then - every time I rewatch it, I like it a little more. It just feels to me like there's about a half hour of material cut out of the middle.

Same here. I love Age of Ultron now, but it took time. When I first saw it at the cinema it left me cold, but with each subsequent viewing I picked up more details, more connection which after hidden easily missed in throwaway lines of dialogue while some of the action sequences are, frankly, overlong. It desperately needs a director's cut, but I don't see that happening.

Still it has excellent character moments and perfomances (by the standards of genre) and it is a quite a fundamental movie in terms of MCU world building.

This also reminds me I still have 2 seasons of Runaways to watch, not to mention catching up on Shield. Plus Hellstrom (though that is low on the list, as I didn't hear good things about it)

Hellstrom is not the total trainwreck it is sometimes portrayed as, but neither is it essential viewing. It's made well enough but maybe just a bit dreary.

Due to an ill-advised viewing pact I've only just finished WandaVision. I was just blown away. It was absolutely terrific. I suspect it was entertaining enough for the casual viewer, but for those of us deeply investing the comicbook and MCU lore, there was so much to enjoy. They very skillfully blended the comicbook lore with the movies and made it appear as coherent as the genre allows. The MCU method of honouring and leveraging what has happened before while always building the foundations for what comes next was very evident here and in effect it mirror Marvel did in the comics back in the day.

Olsen must be very pleased how it works. The show was great showcase for any actor, and I suspect when she took a supporting role in the croweded cast of Age Of Ultron, she never expect it would lead to this. But I she totally earned her place, I feel she really made of most her relatively small roles in the Avengers and Civil War movies. I'd always wondered whether it was just my imagination when she seemed to revert back to her Eastern European accent in Endgame, but WandaVision makes it clear it was all very deliberate. Same could be said for Paul Bettany, but then playing stiff and British isn't much of a stretch.

• As many mention here, bring back Darcy and Woo was a stroke of genius
  • Eager to see what happens now with Photon/Captain Marvel II
  • As an old FF reader, it will take time for me to adjust to evil Agatha Harkness.
  • While I'm good with the resolution in the final episode, the fight scenes between the Visions and the witches looked a bit shoddy to me and Wanda's new costume, while not a bad costume, looked jarring in the context of the show.
  • I guess this put to rest any hope I had that as some stage Wanda might bring back permanently the AoU version of Pietro. He was very good in that role. That really does not seem to be on the cards now.
  • Now just hoping the rest of the Disney+ MCU series are of the same quality as this could be one hell of a ride.

I definitely thought she and Bettany were acting up a storm in their brief scenes together in the film.

I suspect a lot of their lovestory ended up on the cutting room floor for those endless MCU mandated fight scenes, so I was glad both actors got the opportunity to strut their stuff here.

Bettany in particular was already a well respected actor and Olsen had done some fine work in American indies so I knew they were both quite capable.

Hellstrom is not the total trainwreck it is sometimes portrayed as, but neither is it essential viewing. It's made well enough but maybe just a bit dreary.

Yeah I thought it was OK. In the 80s or 90s it would have been a really good show, these days it simply wasn't top of the line.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back