WandaVision Spoiler Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Ooh I like your theory.

Do you think the kids survived the blip and only their parents were taken, or do you think the Wanda didn't think about the children until she'd cast her whammy?

I don't know, something else I think is going on with the kids. I noticed their absence back in episode 2 when they had that big community event "for the children" and there were no children. Maybe Wanda couldnt bear to resurrect them? But that seems too simple...

My take is this. Wanda has effectively kidnapped the whole town to make a safe place for her - away from the grief of losing her brother and spouse - I think it's unlikely she did anything to the children. Rather this was a town where only the adults got blipped and the kids were taken into care. The whole 'for the children' thing is them trying to process their grief through Wanda's sitcom lens.

A few more things...

Lagos Paper Towels...Lagos was the city in Nigeria where Wanda ended up accidentally killing civilians in Civil War. So I don't think the commercials are foreshadowing so much as references to Wanda's life leaking into the sitcom commercials.

At this point, I'm not sure where it's going to go. I could expect either Ian McKellen or Michael Fassbender to show up as Magneto as they've already crossed a barrier into X-Men territory, and we know a multiverse will be explored in upcoming movies. However, it's a long shot. (I'd love to see actor James Spader appear as a human form of Ultron, maybe Vision's Dad?)

I am kind of wondering, with Wanda's powers being "cosmic radiation", I'm thinking more plausibly at the end of this that they do a reverse of House of M and Wanda ends up creating the MCU's mutants.

I am curious if we'll get an explanation of her limits. For instance, she could conceptually mind-zap all the people around the bubble to forget, but I think they hinted that it seemed to work better with people in the area with ties to the town. There's likely some rules that have already been hinted that we need to figure out. At least there's a limit to her powers.

Vision seems restored, but he's a bit different than the others--the others seem like puppets or totally dominated somehow. Wanda's restored his personality, but he's blocked memories and it seems when he gets suspicious, something happens to distract that line of thought--kind of like what a con man or hypnotist might do, get him off that train of thought and back into the fictional reality.

As far as the theories about the blip
I think that's wrong for a few reasons.
  • The blip victims got restored three weeks before Monica came back to SWORD and was sent to investigate.
  • Wanda stole the Vision nine days ago. I doubt she created the bubble reality before then.
  • If these were blip victims, SWORD would have identified them as recent blip victims, that's not something the show would "blip" over (pardon the pun)
So I don't think these people were blipped--they were living their lives and then got caught up in "WandaVision" world.

Going to drop spoile tags now, I think anyone putting off seeng the show will know to avoid the spoiler thread till they watch it...

In regards to the commercials, yeah, they are clearly going through the tragedies in Wanda's life sequentially - Stark, Hydra, Lagos, etc.

I don't think the residents were "Blip victims" - that wasn't part of my theory. I don't think, if that were the case Wanda could have resurrected them - as powerful as she is, I don't think she could undo something caused by the weilder of the Infinity stones. I do think they died or at the very least there was some tragedy that occured in Westfield independent of Wanda that caused her to chose that place. Before the Blip happened the world was invaded/attacked by Thanos' minions...

Or...didn't the email message warn about radiation? Maybe there was an unrelated disaster in the town?

Theory re: Westview...

Perhaps Westview was, in comic book fashion, something that was designed to look like a normal town, but was actually designed for some secret purpose (which would help to explain why no children are/were present). Perhaps a secret science facility, or some sort of prison. Maybe a Prisoner type retirement home (which could possibly explain the nostalgia for times past via the sitcom motif). And perhaps this might tie in to the missing witness that Woo was tracking down.

Wow what a good episode.

I mean....Baby Vision in the sitcom opening credits made me do a spit take. Shit caught me totally off guard.

Something is up with Westview for sure. And with Agnes in particular.

Monica doesn't like Captain Marvel, huh? But....she knows a brilliant aerospace engineer. And there’s cosmic radiation all about. Hmmmm.

And then Pietro. Cleverly done.

They’re opening several doors with this show.

The credit sequence this time was clearly based on Family Ties...

I have to wonder if the 90s one will pay tribute to Full House's opening

Yeah, Episode three was based on the early 70s sitcoms, particularly The Brady Bunch and The Partridge Family.

One key thing is that the episodes are likely going to focus on the cliched aspects of the decade, not really the entire decade, as I think they are spoofing/homaging the genre a bit, and it's going to focus on escapism. The 70s were an actually innovative time for sitcoms, as they focused on a lot of progressive changes. The biggest sitcoms of that decade were the Norman Lear ones, but those still hold up today and also had deeper elements and sad elements I don't think fit Wanda's form of paradise. Others' like M*A*S*H and Mary Tyler Moore/Rhoda cross the line into drama or deal with single folks. The other big set of sitcoms were the Gary Marshall ones (Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley), and those while having iconic standards both take place in the "past" (time before the 70s), and don't involve a nuclear family dynamic.

You see that with the latest episode in the 80s--they are specifically targeting family stuff that might seem cliched--specifically Family Ties and Growing Pains. Your not going to see Cheers or Night Court (since they aren't family related).

I'll be curious as they get closer to our decade what will be the focus. There's a few 90s ones that are obvious for homage. And a promo shows Wanda talking to the "cameraman", which invokes the confessional style of The Office and Modern Family.

I'm imagining a British version which used Hancock's half hour for the 50s, Steptoe and son and Till death us do part for the 60's, Love thy Neighbour for the 70s the Young Ones for the 80's, Ab Fab and Bottom for the 90s, The Office for the 00's, Inbetweeners for the 10's and Staged for the 20s.

Who makes it out alive?

I just got caught up on the show. One thing I like is the way it captured the underlying social anxiety of some '50s and '60s sitcoms. People often focus on the sanitized view of reality they had, but as a kid, I was always aware of this underlying tension. The characters always seemed to feel they were one mistake away from being fired or being exposed for who they were to the neighbors. Of course, everything would always be tidily resolved by the end of the hour, but those shows helped give me a dread of adulthood.

Episode 6 is up...

The sitcom elements to me didn't seem as overt this time around. We have a 90s style opening, and of course the legacy costumes (which after seeing them on screen, even though they are exaggerated I can understand not trying to give them a 100% accurate comics look). I was a bit surprised they would show the Wiccan/Speed costumes. But this episode didn't really homage a particular sitcom, just mostly letting us know this is a 1990s era show.

Pietro seems to be acting as a sort of id or internal monologue Wanda is having with herself. He's aware of the situation more so than Vision, so I'm curious if like the twins he's a raw creation made material than something from another reality. I'm not curious how much Wanda is aware now, as she explains this "happened" but she doesn't know how...she's just going along with it.

Interesting to see how the reality is shaped. While there's a warp zone, controlling the actions of the people seem to be the most taxing part, so Vision's quest to reach the barrier shows just how much effort it's taking to maintain the fantasy. A lot of people were wondering about Agnes, but I'm wondering now if it's a red herring or something.

The note about Rambeau's genetic alterations seem to be opening the way up for her gaining powers. Still kind of wondering if the eventual consequence might be the creation of mutants from the hex.

Not sure why SWORD is focused on Vision. I'm wondering if they are just trying to keep tabs on all potential rouge powered entites, or if there's something specific about Vision they are worried about.

Wonder what will happen now that Darcy is inside the hex, is she going to become a character? Also noticed that the SWORD camp became a circus and some tech clowns--a direct change dictated by Wanda?

Last edited:
Ah, okay...I never really watched that Sitcom so it didn't ring a bell.

I feel like there's a middle ground between cloth goofy comicbook costumes as obviously played up comedically and the weird "ribbed for her pleasure" rubber things they do in all the films these days.

Damn, this episode...

(spoiler space, just in case)

So, this is supposed to run 9 eps total, right? Which I guess means we just finished the second act, where the stakes get raised.

Lots of little bits to love here. The reference to Mexican wrestlers at the beginning, Woo and Rambeau kicking ass, the movies listed on the theater marquee.

The commercial this time was just creepy as fuck.

My only worry is that, with only three episodes left, the reveal for whomever is pulling the strings here (still convinced it's not just Wanda) will feel rushed and out of left field, especially for those not familiar with whatever comic book element that gets used here.

I'm still not sure why we're spoilering in the spoilers thread, but...

Is this a limited series, or is this season one?

Wasn't sure myself, but since J JRT had, I figured it couldn't hurt.

Not certain, but I'm guessing the former. Other forthcoming Marvel shows like Falcon & Winter Soldier and Loki might leave themselves more open to sequels/further seasons, but even if they do something with most of the same cast further down the road, it would pretty much have to be a very different setup.

Also, I just belatedly realized that there is no way 'Pietro' should know about Vision's death.

So another good episode. They’ve really got me wondering about Agnes. Every time I think she’s somehow involved, something happens that makes it seem like she’s not. But so many things point to her being involved.

So I feel like the commercial in this one wasn’t so much indicative of her past trauma like the others have as it was maybe describing her current situation? Like, the kid’s trapped on an island and says he’s hungry, then the shark comes along and says “I ised to be hungry all the time to....but now I eat Yo’Magic”.

Seems like whoever helped cause all this is somehow benefitting from Wanda’s constant use of her powers?

Also, Pietro calling the kids “demonspawn” seems....deliberate.

I’m digging it for sure.

As someone who intermittently watched Marvel movies (I only went back and watched Endgame last week), what movies are Woo and Rambeau in? I get the impression Rambeau is from Captain Marvel, but I can't place Woo. I know I have seen Woo in something before, but I'm not even sure it was a Marvel movie.

As someone who intermittently watched Marvel movies (I only went back and watched Endgame last week), what movies are Woo and Rambeau in? I get the impression Rambeau is from Captain Marvel, but I can't place Woo. I know I have seen Woo in something before, but I'm not even sure it was a Marvel movie.

Woo was from Ant Man and the Wasp, the second Ant Man movie. (Which imo is severely underrated.)

He was a former SHIELD agent turned FBI Agent who was tasked with supervising Scott Lang's house arrest.

Is Woo from the Sheild series?

Also the whole thing where he does the flourish magic trick reveal of his business card when he meets Monica is a callback to him trying to learn close up magic after seeing Scott do it in Ant Man and the Wasp.

Woo was from Ant Man and the Wasp, the second Ant Man movie. (Which imo is severely underrated.)

He was a former SHIELD agent turned FBI Agent who was tasked with supervising Scott Lang's house arrest.
I saw the first Ant Man movie and found if enjoyable. Watching his good-sized part in Endgame reminded me that I never saw the sequel. I'll give it a look.

Yep, Young Monica is in Captain Marvel; her mother, Maria Rambeau, is Carol's best friend.

iirc this is a limited series, but it will lead into Dr Strange 2.

I'm not sure if Woo was ever in SHIELD in the MCU.

In the comics, Woo has a big history--he predates FF 1 because he was in the Atlas Series, The Yellow Claw, back in 1956. Jim Steranko added him back as he put The Yellow Claw into Marvel Continuity. He they stayed with SHIELD. In more recent years, Woo got his own team--Agents of Atlas, which features a team of 1950s superheroes that were from the Timely/Atlas era. There's a new Agents of Atlas as well, which is more a team of heroes of Asian ancestry and from those countries. That makes me wonder if they'll try to go in that direction with him.

I'm not sure if Woo was ever in SHIELD in the MCU.
I just found an MCU wiki. Looks like he was mentioned in the season 2 episode "Face My Enemy" of Agents of Shield, but he never appeared. As that was long before he first appeared in Ant Man and the Wasp, that would have been more of an Easter egg.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back