WandaVision Spoiler Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Looks like the sitcom next week is the confessional styles like The Office and Modern Family...

I'm still not sure why we're spoilering in the spoilers thread, but...

Is this a limited series, or is this season one?
I think it's a limited series but we may not get a full resolution. Article headlines had indicated that this sets up the next Dr. Strange movie. It'll be crappy if they leave it as a cliff hanger to make people see the movie but it could happen.

I think it's a limited series but we may not get a full resolution. Article headlines had indicated that this sets up the next Dr. Strange movie. It'll be crappy if they leave it as a cliff hanger to make people see the movie but it could happen.
I'm really hoping we get some closure. A good friend of mine who lacks Disney+ asked me about the series, and it's the kind of show where, while I am enjoying it, a lot is going to rely on how they bring it to a close. If it ends in a cliffhanger for another season or movie, my opinion is going to drop sharply. I'm okay with some dangling threads leading to future projects. I just want some degree of closure.

I doubt there would be a Season 2. If there was a Season 2, I would like to think it would be about Vision and Scarlet Witch in an actual relationship in the real MCU. I can't see them continuing the gimmick of this season, which is why I think this is a limited series.

I am kind of hoping for a happier ending with Wanda and Vision than what is in the comics. They had a really good relationship in the 70s and 80s, then John Byrne kind of wrecked that in a way that was never really able to be repaired. Then we got Avengers: Disassembled and House of M and the Scarlet Witch now has a stigma of crazy and actually committing a form of genocide (against Mutants). Bendis may have been good on the smaller singular characters, but he wrecked a lot of things for the Avengers in my mind.

I wish we got to explore their relationship more in the movies. I just hope at the end of this the kids don't disappear, Vision can somehow come back from being a dead machine, and Wanda doesn't end up tainted too much from this.

I just want some degree of closure.
Yeah. It's something that Marvel have been fairly good about so far, letting each story stand alone as well hinting at the wider universe and the other stories to come (With the arguable exception of the Infinity War movies, but fair enough, I think they earned that luxury), and it would be weird if they dropped it.

I am kind of hoping for a happier ending with Wanda and Vision than what is in the comics.
There is a strange allergy to happy relationships in modern American entertainment. You generally get movies with will-they-won't-they that don't lead to a happy relationship until the credits are about to roll, and if you get a sequel, they add drama throw the relationship into jeopardy for the majority of that movie. It's rare to see anything like the classic Thin Man movies where you have a happy couple that actually likes each other and works together as protagonists.

One of the things that actually worked in the second Spider-Man movie series was the relationship between Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy. They made a good team, but the second movie has Parker backing away from the relationship for almost the whole movie, then killing her off at the end.

I'm not sure they can give this series a happy ending, but I would like to see more functional couples in entertainment. I suspect it is probably harder to write a happy couple than to complicate their lives with idiot misunderstandings.

I'm going to put this in a spoiler tag because this came from left field, but it's one of those things where a toy can reveal stuff (although not much).

The Pop figure puts quotes around Quicksilver's identity, unlike the others, implying he's not who he seems.

I'm kind of hoping he's Doctor Strange in disguise...

And this time, the episode in question.

This was an interesting take. The modern "confessional" sitcom seemed appropriate for this episode, as Wanda seems to be cracking up a bit, having trouble keeping the reality under control. The opening was interesting, theme was much like the office, the Vision part being absent until the very end. And they handled the absurdity of the confessionals pretty well, both when the off screen person asks Wanda a question ("you're not supposed to talk back"), and Vision realizing the absurdity of stopping to chat about stuff. It was a true "breaking of the wall", as well as Vision realizing he should fly rather than wait for the crossroads from hell to end.

I was glad to see Vision find Darcy and once she was freed from the mental hex, her interaction with the Vision was good. They pretty much touched on what we were all thinking to ourselves.

So, after braving the hex again, Monica has officially become--well, not sure what her code name would be, as Captain Marvel is taken right now. But it's clear she's got powers now. Curious how they will handle them. It was nice at the end of here struggle to remain herself hearing Captain Marvel's voice at the very end encouraging her. And I like how her "inner uniform" that she was wearing under the space suit looks a little like her old costume without being jarrish.

One note--don't turn off the credits--at least until the main "big" ones are done.

So..."It was Agatha all along"...that was great by the way, the song and the montage. And a lot of us were guessing that until the fake-out (which they touched upon in the song), but they've done it. The question I have is why and how. It's clear to me that its Agatha adding the sitcom stuff (and maybe the broadcasts?!), I will bet her real form is as old as the character in the comics. But that leaves a lot of questions.
  • Agatha has mostly been a force for good in the comics. Why is she a villain here. That being said, I'd rather it be her than having this be Wanda being the person responsible. I am wondering if there's some kind of last minute plot twist here.
  • The commercial was for an anti-depressant called "Nexus", which in Marvel was the Nexus of all realities, a focal point for the multiverse. Outwardly this shows Wanda's depression, but this is the first time the hint doesn't seem to come from Wanda's memories.
  • What are the twins supposed to be. The fact they disappeared makes me wonder. Wanda saw a rabbit and a cockroach--are they Agatha's Familiars or something?
  • And was is Pietro supposed to be. Is he a construct of Agatha's? If so, why the "recast"? Or is there something else being missed.
  • Wanda's red hex energy was around what appears to be a magical tome. The Darkhold was part of Wanda's story in the comics--but they used that in SHIELD a bit. I'm guessing at least its her own tome, maybe powering the event.
  • I'm wondering if the purple has significance. It could just be how magic is depicted, but the magic Strange and those mages use is usually orange-yellow. Purple was the color of Dormammu and the dark dimension...I have to wonder if it's something related to that. TI wouldn't put it past them to introduce Umar (related to Dormammu but a human mage in the comics), maybe using Agatha as an alias.
  • I'm guessing the thing that happened at first was Wanda took the Vision and tried so hard to restore him, but something happened and the only way he could come back was in some kind or reality bubble--and I guess Agatha took advantage of that.
I'm not sure how this will end. I was hoping for a happier ending but I think we may have to settle for some kind of closure.

So, the main villain is....Franklin Richard's Nanny

Didn't see that coming.

Well, there's more to her than that. She was Wanda's mentor in the comics, and after the twins were revealed to be a part of Mephisto's soul, she removed Wanda's memory of that. I'm wondering if they're going there... after introducing Dormammu in Dr. Strange- is Mephisto a bridge too far?

I guess I never got to that part in the comics - Avengers were always a weak point in my Marvel knowledge

Man, I really want a copy of the Agatha All Along song.

Cool to see Monica finally get her powers. And she got a Superhero Landing to boot!

Maybe it's just me, but I really liked Darcy in her escape artists suit. Like, really, really liked it. Okay, I'll shut up now.

I'm still waiting for this one...

(Disney just put up five spoof posters with the original Muppet Show just being released of Disney+ shows, which you can view here)

visdev-6838_disneyplus_muppetsspoofposters_wandavision_4x5_final_0.png

Maybe it's just me, but I really liked Darcy in her escape artists suit. Like, really, really liked it. Okay, I'll shut up now.

"For you Darcy, it's an Escape Artist's suit, or nothing at all!

And I just so happen to have no Escape Artist's suit in my apartment.."

Man, I really want a copy of the Agatha All Along song.

The soundtrack is available online for purchase or streaming. I can see episodes 1-6 on Amazon

For instance, here's Episode 5

Amazon product

Interestingly enough, the end credits today list the song as IT WAS _____ ALL ALONG, probably knowing fans look for this stuff as spoilers.

And I just belatedly realized that the reason Darcy was an escape artist was because she was handcuffed when she was swallowed by the Hex.

I hope that somewhere down the line, in a later TV series or movie, it's shown that she retains this knowledge, and that at some point it proves to be of use.

And I just belatedly realized that the reason Darcy was an escape artist was because she was handcuffed when she was swallowed by the Hex.

I hope that somewhere down the line, in a later TV series or movie, it's shown that she retains this knowledge, and that at some point it proves to be of use.

Ah, the Xander Effect

it wasn't just you.

All her other clothes in the show have kind of downplayed it, but that outfit really accentuated how stacked she is up top. Damn.

Finally got to watching the episode. somehow avoided spoilers all weekend! I see that all the theorizing that Agnes wasn't who she seemed was on point. And that bad guy government man was trying to use Vision as a weapon and that was why Wanda went and broke into SWORD.

Excited to see how these last two episodes play out.

As the guy who was asking who this Monica Rambeau person is earlier on the thread, I just a had a "Duh!" moment.

I decided to do some prep for running Marvel Super Heroes for my nephews. I pulled the box of the shelf, and there she was, on the cover of one of the most iconic RPG boxed sets of the '80s.
IMG_4346_7815a18b-78aa-47c3-bc2f-d0ec19c7a6fb_1024x1024.JPG

As the guy who was asking who this Monica Rambeau person is earlier on the thread, I just a had a "Duh!" moment.

I decided to do some prep for running Marvel Super Heroes for my nephews. I pulled the box of the shelf, and there she was, on the cover of one of the most iconic RPG boxed sets of the '80s.
She had some good powers too. Intangibility and fast flight ain’t nothing

(sigh) Community was such an amazing show, I fear we may never see the like again

I'm still wondering if she's going to be Photon or Prism. I'm guessing Photon in memory of her mother's callsign.

I'd watch a Darcy and Jimmy series - unpowered people in a powered universe, but lighter than Agents of Shield.
Based on articles talking about her and the amount of fan-made videos of her that keep showing up in my Youtube recommendations, there is a lot of Darcy love out there. I would not be surprised at all if a spin-off series is already being talked about at Disney, and Jimmy would be a natural addition to the cast.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back