Painting/Inspiration Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Orruks are larger figures and they have larger swords. Still that's amazing.
I was trying to eliminate thoughts that it might be from a 58mm or larger fig. GW Orks do indeed have quite large hands though and sharp pointy bits to match.

I'm not a fan of Squats, or whatever they're called them now, but that looks sweeeet.
The old range was a little bit goofy, but I'm a big fan of the look of the new range. Somehow more traditionally sci-fi than any other range they've ever done, IMO anyway. I like the aesthetic.

The old range was a little bit goofy, but I'm a big fan of the look of the new range. Somehow more traditionally sci-fi than any other range they've ever done, IMO anyway. I like the aesthetic.

Well, I guess there's always the Tau if one wants to differentiate between anime sci-fi and other genre. Either way, I hope that you have some mini painting tutorials somewhere (or your go-to ones when you were starting out!) :grin:

Well, I guess there's always the Tau if one wants to differentiate between anime sci-fi and other genre. Either way, I hope that you have some mini painting tutorials somewhere (or your go-to ones when you were starting out!) :grin:
Yeah, by normal i meant non-gothic and non-anime. A vanishing subset of 40K figs. Really its just squats and some of the genestealer cult minis. And sone inowrial guard I suppose.

It's interesting with these paint schemes that have such strong object source lighting, and extreme focal points that your attention is directed towards. I mean, it's amazing painting... but a voice in my head always says, "~50% of this model is black - probably close to the entirety of the back of the model."

It's interesting with these paint schemes that have such strong object source lighting, and extreme focal points that your attention is directed towards. I mean, it's amazing painting... but a voice in my head always says, "~50% of this model is black - probably close to the entirety of the back of the model."
Yup. It's not exactly tabletop indexed either. But its cool!!

53480804812_065baa42c5_o.jpg

53480804817_40d9927bd3_o.jpg

53482117970_5996be3bdc_o.jpg

53481849253_80919f922f_o.jpg

53481849248_9e436e41d8_o.jpg

53481706861_4e49311a12_o.jpg

53480804792_b04e3ef075_o.jpg

I really like this method for painting Dark Angels power armour.

1706820860191.png

I'm not sure what that's officially called, but I call it Borderlands style!

It's usually just called "comic book style". Not familiar with Borderlands, but I'm guessing Frank Miller must have been a heavy influence

It's usually just called "comic book style". Not familiar with Borderlands, but I'm guessing Frank Miller must have been a heavy influence

Yeah, its pretty clear the developers of Borderlands must have had a big influence from comics. Its very different from most video game graphics styles:

Tiny-Tinas-Wonderlands---tiny-tina-overtop-of-an-image-of-borderlands-3-combat-1.jpg

And that is, in fact, how every game looks while you are playing it. I really like the style.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back