Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I guess it's more of a themed collection of short stories than a novel. It's all set in the imaginary Balkan country of Osrinia and ranges from the middle ages to the dying days of communism.

Yep I read them but it was a while ago, in my early twenties.

I guess it's more of a themed collection of short stories than a novel. It's all set in the imaginary Balkan country of Osrinia and ranges from the middle ages to the dying days of communism.
There's also the novel Malafrena set in the same country.

Didn't Le Guin hate rpgs based on IP? Also people writing in other people's IPs less creative?

Didn't Le Guin hate rpgs based on IP? Also people writing in other people's IPs less creative?

LeGuin had some very bad experiences with adaptations of her Earthsea trilogy, and she did apparently reject an offer for licencing an Earthsea RPG. Plus she was pretty skeptical of fanfiction and other derivative works, IIRC. Whether that qualifies as "hating" is up for debate, I suppose.

...Plus she was pretty skeptical of fanfiction and other derivative works, IIRC.

I don't hold much stock with her opinion on fanfiction. I think that if one, for example, takes a look at what has been done with HPL's and REH's mythos plenty of fine stuff may found. Of course, plenty of duds are also present, but the same can be said of authors and their original works as well. I for one would love to see some new Earthsea stories, fan written or not.

But you're OK with today's silly arguments, right? right?

g1L5.gif

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back