Wargames Just Got Sexy

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
'Just'? Didn't it come out in 2006ish?
I remember people making fun of that cover when it first showed up.
No recollection of anyone actually playing it and reporting back.
That's the problem! It was so fun sexy they stopped playing the game and got into the sexy. Never returned.

Don't play it. You'll never come back!

I need you guys to understand the massive boner I get whenever I play a wargame. Touching those delectable little pieces of plastic (or metal) gives me an undescribeable feeling. I salivate at the sight of a miniature. Sometimes I stare at the ceiling instead of going to sleep, thinking about the next time I can handle (manhandle, even) a Space Marine.

I remember going to the Partizan show when this came out, and they had a stand where about 500 drooling wargamers were getting photos of the ladies.

Of course it was the one show my wife decided to come along to. I got the raised eyebrow and the "Ok, I understand your hobby now".

PS: wasn't sexy.

Last edited:
Tag yourself, I'm "girl at the back who doesn't know how to look sexy or hold a gun properly but dammit she's trying her most".
I'm pretty sure they put here in because she had cleavage. They must have had some leverage on her because it looks like she's about to put that gun up to her head and pull the trigger.

Tag yourself, I'm "girl at the back who doesn't know how to look sexy or hold a gun properly but dammit she's trying her most".
Hah hah that was like the first thing I noticed. The picture is fine except that one girl is so jarring it ruins the whole thing for me.

I can imagine the disappointment, looking at those rules and then looking at the people I'm actually playing the game with... it's even worse than the usual disconnect when looking at professionally painted figures and terrain in the rulebook... next to the bare metal miniatures and raw packing material ('It's a MOUNTAIN!') scattered on the kitchen table.

I own this game, and I have read the rules…it is overly complex and can’t tell if it’s an RPG or a skirmish game

This is pretty cheap second hand. Tempted to pick up a copy.

That's the problem! It was so fun sexy they stopped playing the game and got into the sexy. Never returned.

Don't play it. You'll never come back!
I made a character, called him Figleaf, he was a rogue...yes it is a gateway to sex, I was so ashamed. My parents warned me. Then there was the kid who was playing this game who got lost in some tunnels looking for the orgy...my guess is he found it and never left.

I'm the author's sense of shame. You will notice I am nowhere to be seen.

Also, not trynna be a buzzkill here, but rumor has it that one or more of the female cover models may have been underage when that picture was taken.

(I'd hate for people to make jokes they'll regret later- especially since that's my shtick)

Also I own multiple copies of both Immortal and Legacy, so I'm set for pretentious '90s goth edgelord bandwagon RPGs, thanks.

Also I own multiple copies of both Immortal and Legacy, so I'm set for pretentious '90s goth edgelord bandwagon RPGs, thanks.

Who was that (semi-famous for about 15 minutes in the 90s) model/actress (?) that was plastered all over one of the editions of Immortal?

Who was that (semi-famous for about 15 minutes in the 90s) model/actress (?) that was plastered all over one of the editions of Immortal?
I dunno. She was from Babylon 5, which I have never watched (there goes my nerd cred). And it was 2nd edition IIRC.

Last edited:
I tried out Babylon 5, but couldn't get into it.

Claudia Christian.

I dunno. She was from Babylon 5, which I have never watched (there goes my nerd cred). And it was 2nd edition IIRC.

*makes notes for who goes up against the wall when the revolution comes*

The first season is pretty rough. The CGI doesn't hold up very well. There's some weird issues later on. Getting cancelled and rescued over and over again.

It's not Star Trek or Star Wars. It's not even trying to be. It can be preachy. The acting is at times wooden. Sometime the humour is a bit of a blunt instrument. But still, Vir's little wave, Vir being ready to be ambassador, Drazi politics, really all of G'Kar and Londo it's pure gold.

Easily one of my favorite shows of all time.

The first season is pretty rough. The CGI doesn't hold up very well. There's some weird issues later on. Getting cancelled and rescued over and over again.

It's not Star Trek or Star Wars. It's not even trying to be. It can be preachy. The acting is at times wooden. Sometime the humour is a bit of a blunt instrument. But still, Vir's little wave, Vir being ready to be ambassador, Drazi politics, really all of G'Kar and Londo it's pure gold.

Easily one of my favorite shows of all time.

It is an excellent show which nevertheless is difficult to start watching in this, the year of our Lord 2021.

It's worth it, but Jesus it is hard to watch these days. It is dated in so many ways.

Youtube has a pretty good selection of the better moments though they probably lose something removed from context. I'd think Londo's "arrogance and stupidity" rant to the Terran command and Vir's response to Mr. Morden's "What do you want?" are probably the two best, self contained bits.

Youtube has a pretty good selection of the better moments though they probably lose something removed from context. I'd think Londo's "arrogance and stupidity" rant to the Terran command and Vir's response to Mr. Morden's "What do you want?" are probably the two best, self contained bits.

This show is one of the few things on my ipod from I guess 2005.

There may possibly have been a window in time that I could have watched the show and enjoyed it, and I think that would have been "pre-Farscape".

Though I still think once I got to the moment that the chief medical officer, DURING THE MIDDLE OF A WAR, decides to abandon his position to go "find himself" spiritually by doing a walkabout of the lower decks I would have had the same reaction regardless of my age, specifically

giphy.gif

Opening this thread in the hopes of sexy pics. See nothing but a blank post, because you have social media blocked. Sorry Nobby-W Nobby-W don't have a foot-fetish, but A+ for effort.

Babylon 5 is a tough one to watch. Everything already said about it is true. It's dated. The acting is often uneven. It can be preachy. There is some level of telling and not showing in order to get things across.

I'd say the biggest problem, and the problem that existed even when it was new, is that it's a very slow burn, and you have to watch it ALL to be able to appreciate it. B5 is not something you can watch a single episode of or even a handful of episodes to get an appreciation for it. You gotta invest yourself in the entire arc. It's not about the individual episodes, which often feel like standard 90s filler shows. It's about what those are going to mean later in the context of the larger story. They don't seem to mean anything initially, but then all that stuff starts coming together by the third season, and it's starts to become glorious.

But you can't start from the point where things "get good" either. If you skip straight there you miss the context and meaning and impact of it all, and the result just feels arbitrary. No, this isn't like a 50 episode Gundam show where you can skip to episode 26 and not really miss anything important. With B5, you gotta watch the whole thing.

And that's rough. It's not like modern shows where an idiot plot which should take 15 minutes to resolve is stretched out over a whole 20 episode season, but it is definitely slow paced and often feels directionless and episodic, especially in seasons one and two. And the other flaws don't make it any easier to sit through.

I honestly didn't really enjoy it until late in the first season when something unexpected happened. It was only then that I realized the show wasn't an episodic thing with a frequently used reset button. It was only then that I realized that the show had a direction and viewing would be rewarded. After that, I tried to watch as often as I could.

Babylon 5 is a tough one to watch. Everything already said about it is true. It's dated. The acting is often uneven. It can be preachy. There is some level of telling and not showing in order to get things across.

I'd say the biggest problem, and the problem that existed even when it was new, is that it's a very slow burn, and you have to watch it ALL to be able to appreciate it. B5 is not something you can watch a single episode of or even a handful of episodes to get an appreciation for it. You gotta invest yourself in the entire arc. It's not about the individual episodes, which often feel like standard 90s filler shows. It's about what those are going to mean later in the context of the larger story. They don't seem to mean anything initially, but then all that stuff starts coming together by the third season, and it's starts to become glorious.

But you can't start from the point where things "get good" either. If you skip straight there you miss the context and meaning and impact of it all, and the result just feels arbitrary. No, this isn't like a 50 episode Gundam show where you can skip to episode 26 and not really miss anything important. With B5, you gotta watch the whole thing.

I think that's true. It's the opposite of the X-Files, where you are better off just watching individual episodes and treating it as a 'monster of the week' show.

I'll admit the dated nature of Babylon 5 doesn't bother me. Everything is dated; it's just that current stuff is dated 'now.'

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back