Warlock - what are you doing with it?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

the gambler

Pubber
Reaction score
I recently bought Greg Saunders Warlock, and am looking forward to running a campaign with it, probably loosely based around Fighting Fantasy’s Titan. Out of curiosity I’m wondering:

- What sort of settings are other people using it for ... and
- What modifications or house rules have you added, if any?

Welcome to the Pub from me as well!

Now before we continue, care to give us a rough outline of what The Warlock is like? "Like Warhammer and Fighting Fantasy" sounds promising, but that's all. I can think of good ways to combine those and I can think of bad ways...:shade:
In return I promise to tell you what I'd use it for:grin:!

So far I feel like the bulk of the conversation has focused around running games set in the Kingdom.

So far I feel like the bulk of the conversation has focused around running games set in the Kingdom.

Yes, I would expect so.... what about any rules tweaks that people have made? I’m a hopeless tinkerer, and after reading it thought “Hmm.. I might just add this... or that”.....but I have promised myself to play it as is before doing anything, lol...

But I’d be interested to hear what others have added

I recently bought Greg Saunders Warlock, and am looking forward to running a campaign with it, probably loosely based around Fighting Fantasy’s Titan. Out of curiosity I’m wondering:

- What sort of settings are other people using it for ... and
- What modifications or house rules have you added, if any?
Welcome aboard! How do you feel about Geese?

Hey there! Welcome to the Pub.

I'm in the same boat as you. I just picked up Warlock! I am liking what I see so far. It seems like a very nice, Old School Renaissance style system with very simple, breezy mechanics.

I'll have to read up on the Kingdom.

I'm playing in a Warlock game run by Edgewise Edgewise at the moment, and I like it. He has converted Deep Carbon Observatory to the system.

I haven't actually read the book, so I am just going by the rules I have picked up in play. I've been through a couple of fights so far, and come very close to death once. The system seems lethal enough that you need to take care, but not so lethal that you need to make a new character every week. It's a simple system that has so far delivered solid results. The fact that evokes both WFRP and FF books is a nice touch on top of that.

Is it built for longer campaigns, say, once a week for a year?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back