[Warning!] Blood of Heroes: Special Edition [Warning!]

CRKrueger

Legendary Member
Reaction score
SlenderSuccubus would be a little weird, but I'd bang 'em all. Have to watch out for the one who gets highbeams when she starts beating the shit out of Coalition Soldiers. There's worse ways to go, though.

opaopajr

Legendary Member
Reaction score
There is something gloriously 'uncanny valley' off-putting about all the art. It either flagrantly goes against mood or body proportions. It's almost like a savant finding the "inexcusable failure from competency." :grin:

This is truly magical. MOAR! :shade:

The Butcher

Rifts Grognard
Reaction score
SlenderSuccubus would be a little weird, but I'd bang 'em all. Have to watch out for the one who gets highbeams when she starts beating the shit out of Coalition Soldiers. There's worse ways to go, though.

RIFTS: Macho Women With Guns
Or was we called it at my game table, RIFTS.

spittingimage

hawwwk-ptui
Reaction score
I took a look through Blood of Heroes: Special Edition and thought I'd contribute some large heads and long legs to proceedings.
Now we're reaching the point where the publisher needs to try harder. No background, no action, just posing there as if to say "Yes fanboy, you could be me..." Don't like it.

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Reaction score
Now we're reaching the point where the publisher needs to try harder. No background, no action, just posing there as if to say "Yes fanboy, you could be me..." Don't like it.
Rather like many modern superhero comic book covers with all the posing for the reader.

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Reaction score
Somehow I missed this thread.

Dumb question: is this really the art in the game? It is so bad it is kind of reverse awesome.

TristramEvans

The Right Hand of Doom
Reaction score
Somehow I missed this thread.

Dumb question: is this really the art in the game? It is so bad it is kind of reverse awesome.

Somehow sharing it online actually lessens the effect, actually flipping through the book, inundated with these images page after page is a SAN-loss activity

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Reaction score
@Voros, I couldn’t buy the book after flipping through it at Borders years ago and it’s my favorite system ever.
You pay too much attention to art, then:smile:. IMO and YMMV, but placing sheets of paper with "Ugly" on them on the pages shouldn't be that hard!

Apparition

New Generation Grognard
Administrator
Reaction score
Playing City of Heroes again over the past few weeks makes me tempted to try to convert the CoH setting to Blood of Heroes. Granted, the City of Heroes setting actually started out as Jack Emmert's Champions campaign before it became a MMO video game, but DC Heroes/BoH is much more my jam.

Maybe I can put CoH screenshots over the BoH art...

Tulpa Girl

Legendary Member
Reaction score
The pic of the villainess with the tattered cape and the weird eyes isn't too bad.

The demoness/succubus, though... the expression 'legs up to here' really shouldn't be interpreted quite so literally.

Tulpa Girl

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Also, the third pic in that post - female in generic costume - isn't awful, but the use of color instead of bad b&w shading on the upper part of the costume might have helped to cover some of its flaws.