WEG Star Wars

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Luke was my favorite character and the more I saw of him anywhere, the better. The Muppets I watched every week as well. Match made in heaven.

It was the same thrill I had when Spider-man teamed up with Cap'n Crunch...

wheres-capn-crunch-spider-man-1.jpg

Luke was my favorite character and the more I saw of him anywhere, the better. The Muppets I watched every week as well. Match made in heaven.
Mark Hamill on the Muppets was cool. Alice Cooper on the Muppets was mind blowing.

Edit: And here it is, the full episode.

Last edited:
So? Rey did it, and she wasn't ever trained in that ability. If she could do, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to assume that Anakin, the alleged Chosen One would have as well. And yes, why didn't Kenobi do it? It's like the most powerful ability in the entire universe!
I'd say that it speaks volumes about Anakin's character that his first instinct wasn't to heal, but to hack. Her death was syncing up with his nightmares, so, he fatalistically lashed out. The Dark Side makes you feel better when you're full of despair and anguish.

The dude was well on his path to the Dark Side.

I'm late to this party thread and am really enjoying it as I also recently embarked on my own SWD6 journey. Ordered the FFG 40th Anniversary set of the SWD61E books, as well as the SW2ERE book off of ebay (just arrived an hour ago!) and I dug out my Lulu printed copy of the REUP book (which I haven't really read yet :sad:) Grabbed every available PDF for the D6 rules as well I think.

I've been going through all sorts of threads over on the Rancor Pit forums and recommend that site to the OP as well as anyone else who's into the SWD6 system. TONS of excellent content over there.

In the first few pages of the thread there was allot of talk about how hard it was to actually hit someone with a light sabre, target numbers of 20 or so. The SWD61E RAW had really high difficulty/target numbers. It was pretty quickly amended with the GM screen? if I recall correctly? This PDF contains the 4 page doc WEG released. Peeps on the Rancor Pit forums call this the 1E v1.1 edition of the rules, and when using the Rules Companion the 1.5 version.

What do you guys think of the REUP (Revised, Expanded, and Updated) version?

Personally I think it's an excellent Fan product, and it's free to boot so I suggested checking it out. Also the 1E Retro-Clone rules Star Wars Classic Adventures is a great PDF as well.

How do most people handle initiative in WEG Star Wars? I've noticed a few differences in the rules versions and am curious what works best for people.

I'm still new to the system, but a house rule I've read about other peeps using that seems good is using Perception and Dex for initiative. Declaring actions goes from lowest PER to highest PER (roll to determine ties), while resolving actions goes from highest DEX to lowest DEX.

This site has a chart showing some differences between the editions:

Is this "Stan" the same Stan Shinn who made the comparison PDF, and posts on the Rancor Pit?

"Your father's SWD61E. This is the RPG of a Grognard Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a Modern RPG. An elegant system...for a more civilized age."

Is this "Stan" the same Stan Shinn who made the comparison PDF, and posts on the Rancor Pit?

"Your father's SWD61E. This is the RPG of a Grognard Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a Modern RPG. An elegant system...for a more civilized age."
~ Gwarh, RPGPUB: WEG Star Wars thread

Just a coincidence.

I'd say that it speaks volumes about Anakin's character that his first instinct wasn't to heal, but to hack. Her death was syncing up with his nightmares, so, he fatalistically lashed out. The Dark Side makes you feel better when you're full of despair and anguish.

The dude was well on his path to the Dark Side.
You're making a connection here that doesn't exist.

Like healing your friends and saving the life of loved ones.
You can’t tell me what to do!
:tongue:

We just have to remember that the Disney Trilogy was designed without a plan, having thrown out not one, but two. The first being Lucas' treatments (As was covered in Bob Iger's book) and the second when Rian Johnson went with a first draft script that was The Last Jedi. Which is why nothing in that trilogy makes sense and the last film effectively being a slap between grown men.

I’m just trying to rationalize things. New powers out of nowhere like Force Healing (although in my mind movie cannon that did happen before; Obi Wan to Luke and Palpatine to Vader, but that might’ve just been them affectionately touching their foreheads).

Say! Fun experiment. How would YOU stat up Mandalorian armor in 1e?

Ideally with wrist gauntlet flamethrower and cool targetting stick thing on the helmet?

We just have to remember that the Disney Trilogy was designed without a plan, having thrown out not one, but two. The first being Lucas' treatments (As was covered in Bob Iger's book) and the second when Rian Johnson went with a first draft script that was The Last Jedi. Which is why nothing in that trilogy makes sense and the last film effectively being a slap between grown men.

Quick reality check: Not only was TLJ consistent with TFA, but Johnson's script was finished prior to TFA being completed and Abrams made changes to TFA to accommodate the TLJ script.

While it would have been nice to have somebody creatively in charge (preferably someone who understood Star Wars), the reality is that the disjunction happened entirely after TLJ is released.

Yep, The Rise of Skywalker is by far the worst sequel!

Quick reality check: Not only was TLJ consistent with TFA, but Johnson's script was finished prior to TFA being completed and Abrams made changes to TFA to accommodate the TLJ script.

No, it wasn't. Daisy Ridley confirmed this in various interviews, like claiming that her character's parentage shifted because Abram's didn't know what he wanted to do with it. And no one should EVER run with a first draft of a script. You always need to do several passes, but Johnson has reportedly done so.

There was no plan for Disney's Trilogy.

While it would have been nice to have somebody creatively in charge (preferably someone who understood Star Wars), the reality is that the disjunction happened entirely after TLJ is released.
The 'disjunction' is what TLJ caused, you can see that when Solo bombed. The problem is that every sees that TLJ made money, so they assume that it was considered good. But that's not how it works.

Think of it as a pizza from a popular shop. The first one you ordered is pretty good! You like it! So when you have the next craving you order a second one! But this one is TERRIBLE! So the next special order that comes along you're not interested anymore.

The only reason that Rise made money (And it was little more than just half of what TFA, and given the amount of reshoots, that's suspect) was because Abrams got roped back in. So the guy who made the best pizza came back, so you decided to give the place another shot, and apparently, the Pizza wasn't that good.

If we are dissecting TLJ again, I recently had a moment where my overall problem with the movie became clear to me. The Star Wars movies take place in a universe where everything is meaningful, even the tragic things that happen. Johnson made a movie about continuously subverting the kind of expectations the Star Wars universe is built on, so it simply doesn't fit within the metaphysics of the Star Wars universe.

If you wanted to subvert Star Wars in an clever, rather than simplistic, contrary way, it would be better to work from the perspective of how larger destiny makes people into pawns. At least you could do that playing within the parameters of the universe. That said, I don't see the point in subverting Star Wars.

Say! Fun experiment. How would YOU stat up Mandalorian armor in 1e?

Ideally with wrist gauntlet flamethrower and cool targetting stick thing on the helmet?

Been thinking about this for a bit now. It's actually kinda difficult to model, as Beskar is essentially presented as "equal" to a lightsaber. I'd probably do it as 3D armour on all locations, with any failures indicating the shot managed to hit an unarmoured location. Then allow parrying as per the lightsaber rules (as per Mando using his gauntlets to parry lightsaber attacks). As for the various armorments, these are already well modelled by Boba Fett's write-up in the sourcebook.

Makes sense as Dune is a critique of the superman and messiahs so common in early pulp and space opera that SW (initially) takes a more intentionally naive view on.
And that is why I feel deconstructing Star Wars is pointless. It's a knowing reconstruction of something already thoroughly deconstructed.

Good point, but I did like TLJ, I guess most of the 'deconstruction' passed me by and I just enjoyed it as an adventure, although it had flaws due to the baggy plotting. I'm a fan of the last shot myself.

Good point, but I did like TLJ, I guess most of the 'deconstruction' passed me by and I just enjoyed it as an adventure, although it had flaws due to the baggy plotting. I'm a fan of the last shot myself.
That's fair. I'm not looking to argue anyone out of enjoying it.

That's fair. I'm not looking to argue anyone out of enjoying it.

Well I DO want to argue you and everyone else into enjoying The Star Wars Holiday Special.

Consider me the John the Baptist of that beautiful carwreck.

Btw am I imagining it or was there a reference to Life Day in the Mandalorian?

Last edited:
Well I DO want to argue you and everyone else into enjoying The Star Wars Holiday Special.

Consider me the John the Bapist of that beautiful carwreck.

Btw am I imagining it or was there a reference to Life Day in the Mandalorian?

Gaaahhh! Burn it!

Peanut butter and jelly, how could thee?
Like most people not born in Murica, I never understood PB&J sandwiches - until I bought a jar of Skippy from Costco.

Wow! There is a lot of sugar in Skippy. Now PB&J sandwiches make sense, but they wouldn't with peanut butter from any other part of the world - where peanut butter is fundamentally savoury.

The other place I find stuff has too much sugar is Indonesia. Bread there is sweet, and anything from a bakery usually has enough of something gluggy and sweet to make it verging on unpalatable. Normally one would specify about 1/4 of the sugar in iced tea or ask for it with no sugar.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back