New Member Introductions

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Hello, RPG Pub!
I'll be honest; I found this place because I'm looking to shill my game. It's that simple.
I've been playing DnD since the start of 3rd, have played loads of systems in between, and have been an avid homebrewer for most of that time; mostly with a focus on system. Loved making classes, feats, clans and disciplines for V:tM, and other such additions to systems.
Then, a good while into DnD 4th, I ran a game that made me decide that, no, I should really just cobble together my own game system. That was... A long time ago.
Anyway; here I am, to shill and hopefully chill. :smile:
Welcome to the Pub, Talespinner. Speaking as a mod, we are fine with polite shilling, and even more okay when people are shilling free stuff. Good luck with your game.

Shilling is fine, but for best results I recommend against merely copying and pasting vague Kickstarter adspeak and posting it, then getting upset and insulting potential customers if asked for details about your game. :wink:
Sounds morbidly interesting. Link?

You know, I ran the MURPG once. It was kind of a nightmare to keep track of thugs for the GM, and I played as well an all too brief game but got frustrated with it. (It may have been me trying to play Cyclops as in the comics, and the GM's very different perception of Cyclops ability to bounce his eye blasts off of things it should blow through, but didn't in the actual comics.) Then, I made my own character it felt disjointed. Not saying the game was bad, just a bit of a pain to use on both sides. Probably because it was one of those "its got a neat idea but is not well explained."

I'm still a huge fan of MSH/FaseRip (although I swear I'm going to make a custom chart that uses CMYK for colors because that is where we get four colored supers as a term.), and Marvel Superhero Adventure Game (Saga)

Anyway, welcome new arrivals!

The forum doesn't grind to a halt every time you head outside to wage a new campaign against the goose menace.
Must have been the day of the great goose invasion. They came by land,sea and air but I fought them off. The hissing cries still give me nightmares but the family is safe.

Must have been the day of the great goose invasion. They came by land,sea and air but I fought them off. The hissing cries still give me nightmares but the family is safe.
A truly terrifying day. I remember it well.
dancing.gif

I was here while that happened. I wonder how I managed to forget it.
I have been distracted and missed the entirety of it. Fascinating. I think that ban list is very short. I can think of only one other actually.

He used the old "freedom of speech" routine when he spammed the report button.

Very trollish behavior and unbecoming of someone who promotes their own RPGs at forums and sites.

He just ensured that almost nobody here will buy or look at his products.

I have been distracted and missed the entirety of it. Fascinating. I think that ban list is very short. I can think of only one other actually.

I believe we have banned three people who were not bots.

tenor.gif

(An in-joke for the Mods)

I missed it as well.
I expect people missed it because the first post is a wall of marketing that doesn't actually say much of anything. It's an easy thread to take one glance at the original post and hit the back button on your browser.

I expect people missed it because the first post is a wall of marketing that doesn't actually say much of anything. It's an easy thread to take one glance at the original post and hit the back button on your browser.
And when engaged with actual questions about his game, he responded with hostility to the very idea of explaining what he wants you to buy, so there's that.

And when engaged with actual questions about his game, he responded with hostility to the very idea of explaining what he wants you to buy, so there's that.
No question. My point was just that I can see how people never even scrolled down to the point where things got ugly.

I guess this is the new member intro thread? Anyhow I have been on multiple forums and G+ off and on for over a decade, mostly lurking with an occasional post. I came across this site as the result of a web search. I liked some of the threads and love the no politics so I decided to sign up!

My first RPG was either the Red Box basic set or the original yellow box TSR Marvel set, I don’t remember which. I quickly moved to AD&D, Gamma World, Top Secret, Tunnels & Trolls, Traveller, Call of Cthulhu, various Palladium games and so on until I graduated high school and joined the Army. I have wandered in and out of playing (or just reading) RPGs ever since.

My other gaming hobby has been board games from the early RPG / fantasy types like Dungeon, Magic Wood, The Dark Tower, Chill: Black Morn Manor, and Talisman to War games like Advanced Squad Leader and Battle Tech to Ameritrash games like Axis & Allies and Fortress America. Again I dropped off while I was in the Army but picked back up over the last decade with everything from buying an expensive complete Warhammer Quest collection to all the new hotness like Shadows of Brimstone and Conan.

I never got into painting miniatures so while I have a number of miniature war game rules and have gone to war game conventions I’ve never seriously gotten into it.

OK, enough about me. That’s probably the most I’ll post for a while but I’m happy to be here!

You found the right thread. Glad you found your way here. Be at home!

I guess this is the new member intro thread? Anyhow I have been on multiple forums and G+ off and on for over a decade, mostly lurking with an occasional post. I came across this site as the result of a web search. I liked some of the threads and love the no politics so I decided to sign up!

My first RPG was either the Red Box basic set or the original yellow box TSR Marvel set, I don’t remember which. I quickly moved to AD&D, Gamma World, Top Secret, Tunnels & Trolls, Traveller, Call of Cthulhu, various Palladium games and so on until I graduated high school and joined the Army. I have wandered in and out of playing (or just reading) RPGs ever since.

My other gaming hobby has been board games from the early RPG / fantasy types like Dungeon, Magic Wood, The Dark Tower, Chill: Black Morn Manor, and Talisman to War games like Advanced Squad Leader and Battle Tech to Ameritrash games like Axis & Allies and Fortress America. Again I dropped off while I was in the Army but picked back up over the last decade with everything from buying an expensive complete Warhammer Quest collection to all the new hotness like Shadows of Brimstone and Conan.

I never got into painting miniatures so while I have a number of miniature war game rules and have gone to war game conventions I’ve never seriously gotten into it.

OK, enough about me. That’s probably the most I’ll post for a while but I’m happy to be here!
Welcome Sharps54 and thank you for your service!

Hmm, I’m on my phone but this seems an appropriate place for the Admiral Ackbar “it’s a trap” gif...

That said The Wild Geese ranks up there with The Dogs of War as a modern mercenary film.
Well played!

You seem like you're going to fit in just fine here. Unless you like Canadian Geese, are anti swo or don't believe in Geedis. Then we have a hell for you to go roast in

You seem like you're going to fit in just fine here. Unless you like Canadian Geese, are anti swo or don't believe in Geedis. Then we have a hell for you to go roast in

One day you really open your eyes, look around, and wonder if you know people anymore.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back