New Member Introductions

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Thanks a lot!
Your avatar... I remember the comic where Luke joined with the Dark Side to find ultimate balance. Early nineties? At the moment I'm still undecided if to give a chance to ep. 9, or not. Probably not :grin:

You are probably thinking of Dark Empire, where Luke becomes Palpatine’:s apprentice. My avatar is Anakin/Vader.

Hi Ostilio!

I was in Tor Vergata for a while so got to play some RPGs in your city (CoC). Any Italian RPGs we mightn't know about?
Hi!
Well... The authors of Sine Requie (Ucronic Europe some years after a zombie apocalypse during wwII, aka Nazis vs Communists vs the Vatican vs undeads ;)P ) and Anime & Sangue (meaning Souls & Blood), have released L'Ultima Torcia (the Last Torch) a rules light high mortality dungeon crawler rpg.

The guys from the World Anvil have many settings for their Monad generic system, some of which might be interesting. Evolution Pulse is one them, also for Fate (Core, I guess).

But the big thing now on Kickststarter is a new edition of Lex Arcana (from the authors of The One Ring), late roman empire low fantasy, the Pcs solve missions on behalf of the Emperor against occult enemies of Rome, mithic monsters and dark, pagan sorcerers.
A free quickstarter is available.
From the ks teaser: "Join the Cohors Arcana, Rome's elite force, to investigate supernatural threats in the darkest corners of world and beyond!"
Definitely worth checking out.

Hi all, I'm new to RPGs. Got introduced to it by a couple of friends from one of the writing forums that I'm in. Hope to learn more about it here and participate as well. :smile:

Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy playing RPGs as well as writing them.

A welcome to all who've joined recently. I'm curious to hear how people found this place and what it could do better.

I used to do onboarding for a company and we always asked the new people what they thought we were doing wrong or could do better because very quickly folks get initiated into the way things are just go along.

What games and kind of games are you into? Playing anything right now?
Hm, if it's tabletop RPGs, I don't have a list. I did play computer RPGs growing up with WoW being the last one. My favourite genre is fantasy, but I'm open to sci-fi and supernatural. What about you?

I am play testing a pen and paper RPG right now for a friend. Going to start a second one soon with another friend. It's through them that I learned about this fascinating part of the gaming world. There's more creativity involved, and the role playing part is more immersive than the crpgs I've played.

Hm, if it's tabletop RPGs, I don't have a list. I did play computer RPGs growing up with WoW being the last one. My favourite genre is fantasy, but I'm open to sci-fi and supernatural. What about you?

I am play testing a pen and paper RPG right now for a friend. Going to start a second one soon with another friend. It's through them that I learned about this fascinating part of the gaming world. There's more creativity involved, and the role playing part is more immersive than the crpgs I've played.

I'm in to a wide range of games and styles of games from B/X D&D to weirdo experimental storygames but I tend to prefer lighter systems. In terms of genre I'm into pretty much everything except anime-inspired games (unless someone comes out with a Miyazaki or Satoshi Kon rpg!) with my fav genre probably being horror.

[ . . . ]
In terms of genre I'm into pretty much everything except anime-inspired games (unless someone comes out with a Miyazaki or Satoshi Kon rpg!)
Well, there is Ryuutama I guess, which has something of a Miyazaki vibe. I did actually buy the rulebook a while ago, but never got around to doing anything with it.

Hey Zenopus, good to see you here (amongst the other D&D forums we both haunt :smile: ).
Be well,
--Ron--

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back