New Member Introductions

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I'ld run it using a light system like Dark Streets & Darker Secrets
Urban fantasy, not many stats, very player-facing

I would open the session with the Hotel California song, that would frame the session perfectly.
Then for background music there would be alot of similar choices that Tarrantino would use for a film soundtrack.
I'ld wrap the scenario up by playing The Twilight Zone theme at the end...

It needs to happen! :grin:

Last edited:
I'ld run it using a light system like Dark Streets & Darker Secrets

Urban fantasy, not many stats, very player-facing

I would open the session with the Hotel California song, then for background music there would be alot of similar choices that Tarrantino would use for a film soundtrack.

I'ld wrap the scenario up by playing The Twilight Zone theme at the end

It needs to happen! :grin:
Just don't film it for an Actual Play on the YouTubes. The Eagles are blockers.

We all know that "Hotel California" stole it's hook from Jethro Tull's "We Used to Know" anyway.
;)

Hi all.

I followed a link to the BRP thread via Newt Newport's blog a couple of days ago, read a few topics and decided to join. Nice, friendly atmosphere you seem to have here!

As for me, I'm an ageing gamer in the UK who has been involved in the hobby since '81. My interests include early editions of D&D and their variants, WFRP, BRP and British old school stuff like Advanced Fighting Fantasy, OpeQuest and Warlock! I'm more of a collector/reader these days as work and family leave little in the way of predictable leisure time, but I'm hoping to change that and maybe get a group together.

Anyway. Nice to be here!

Andy.

38631582091_de76b6504e_o.jpg

Hi all.

I followed a link to the BRP thread via Newt Newport's blog a couple of days ago, read a few topics and decided to join. Nice, friendly atmosphere you seem to have here!

As for me, I'm an ageing gamer in the UK who has been involved in the hobby since '81. My interests include early editions of D&D and their variants, WFRP, BRP and British old school stuff like Advanced Fighting Fantasy, OpeQuest and Warlock! I'm more of a collector/reader these days as work and family leave little in the way of predictable leisure time, but I'm hoping to change that and maybe get a group together.

Anyway. Nice to be here!

Andy.
If you haven't try a Play by Post it online game with a VTT. They tend to be very conducive to fitting into limited time.

If you haven't try a Play by Post it online game with a VTT. They tend to be very conducive to fitting into limited time.
I mostly do PbP these days for that very reason, plus my crap internet. PbP is pretty awesome when you have a crowded schedule.

Hi all.

Anyway. Nice to be here!

Andy.
Welcome to the pub McDeath - I also hail from the Uk and am of similar vintage to yourself. Hope you have a great time here.

Hi all.

Anyway. Nice to be here!

Andy.
Welcome aboard. Lots of BRP here... And all those other things you listed too.

As Bunch mentioned, consider looking into play by post, it's a nice way to enjoy some gaming by fitting it into the little bits and pieces of free time you have. Or you could commit to getting up at 4:00 AM on Thursdays and joining one of my RuneQuest campaigns on Roll20! (hey, a GM's gotta ask... :-) )

Hi all.

Anyway. Nice to be here!

Andy.
Welcome McDeath! Now that we have you here, what is your stance on Geese?

Hey all!

I've been around at TBP for rather a while. I've had an account here for a bit (I don't recall exactly when I made it -- and now that I think about it, I hope I'm not reintroducing myself) and have been actively lurking for the last week or so, and finding I rather like it here.

I've been gaming since the early 80s, did one podcast for a bit and intermittently do another one now. I wrote the occasional thing back in the day, but haven't recently, and have a half dozen or so unfinished projects.

So hello!

Hey all!

I've been around at TBP for rather a while. I've had an account here for a bit (I don't recall exactly when I made it -- and now that I think about it, I hope I'm not reintroducing myself) and have been actively lurking for the last week or so, and finding I rather like it here.

I've been gaming since the early 80s, did one podcast for a bit and intermittently do another one now. I wrote the occasional thing back in the day, but haven't recently, and have a half dozen or so unfinished projects.

So hello!
Welcome!

Welcome to both of you but can I put in a word extolling the virtues of geese. Far from being the pitiless scions of the dinosaurs, geese only want what's best for all of us.
Under the leadership of the geese we would be afforded privileged status as pets and foodstuff. Isn't that something we should at least talk about?

Welcome to both of you but can I put in a word extolling the virtues of geese. Far from being the pitiless scions of the dinosaurs, geese only want what's best for all of us.
Under the leadership of the geese we would be afforded privileged status as pets and foodstuff. Isn't that something we should at least talk about?
Who let him out of the gimp cage?

I take issue with insinuating that geese could ever be as cool as Dinosaurs!

Hey all!

So hello!
Welcome Tashkal!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back