New Member Introductions

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Hey all!

I've been around at TBP for rather a while. I've had an account here for a bit (I don't recall exactly when I made it -- and now that I think about it, I hope I'm not reintroducing myself) and have been actively lurking for the last week or so, and finding I rather like it here.

I've been gaming since the early 80s, did one podcast for a bit and intermittently do another one now. I wrote the occasional thing back in the day, but haven't recently, and have a half dozen or so unfinished projects.

So hello!
Welcome!

What are playing, running, reading and/or planning these days?

Nah, I'm definitely of Iguanodon descent

51385465396_21fcea5fed_o.jpg

Welcome!

What are playing, running, reading and/or planning these days?
Thanks!

Oh, let's see...

Playing -- D&D5E with my actual play podcast group (I'd forgotten about that before).

Running -- A homebrew Urban Fantasy/Supers setting with Mythic D6 as the system. It's going well enough, but it may be changing up soon.

Reading -- The Goodman Games reprint of Expedition to the Barrier Peaks, my favorite classic module of all time. Also the ship rules for Traveller, because...

Planning -- The group I'm running Mythic D6 wanted to have something else on deck for one player's absences, so I'm going through the 1st Edition Mongoose Traveller version of the Pirates of Drinax campaign, and figuring out what other adventures I can cram into it.

Hey everybody, new guy here.

I'm in my late thirties and have been playing since being introduced to TTRPGs with AD&D 2E in the early Nineties.

I've not been a forum regular in a decade or so. After being disappointed and disinterested in the invective, demagoguery, and histrionics I found on two other big name RPG forums, I was pointed here as a place where cooler heads prevail.

Right now, my focus is on playtesting a micro RPG I'm designed. Hexingtide is a homage to those monster heroes such as those in Hellboy, World of Darkness, and the classic Universal Monsters. You can download the playtest docs on Itch right now.

I'm also (primarily?) a history geek. In that, I have a longer-term plan for a Renaissance-era game called Long XVIth and a history page on Facebook about the Renaissance Netherlands. Feel free to check either of those out, as well.

Looking forward to the conversations and trying to contribute what I can!

I'm in my late thirties and have been playing since being introduced to TTRPGs with AD&D 2E in the early Nineties.

I've not been a forum regular in a decade or so. After being disappointed and disinterested in the invective, demagoguery, and histrionics I found on two other big name RPG forums, I was pointed here as a place where cooler heads prevail.

Right now, my focus is on playtesting a micro RPG I'm designed. Hexingtide is a homage to those monster heroes such as those in Hellboy, World of Darkness, and the classic Universal Monsters. You can download the playtest docs on Itch right now.

I'm also (primarily?) a history geek. In that, I have a longer-term plan for a Renaissance-era game called Long XVIth and a history page on Facebook about the Renaissance Netherlands. Feel free to check either of those out, as well.

Welcome to the Pub, Will! It's me, Brothers Slack from Twitter! I'm glad you checked us out!

Welcome WillPhillips!

Your about 22 days late on the character creation challenge so get cracking!!!

Welcome!

Hello RPGpubcrawlers.

I'm Yoh-01, a French tabletop RPG GM and player in my mid-40s, and at it since the late 80s.

At the moment, I'm running games of Swords of the Serpentine and Trail of Cthulhu, and I'm a player in a Bubblegumshoe campaign.

I'm also thinking of running some homebrewed games using Microscope as a worldbuilder and Cortex Prime as their system.

In any case, I'm looking forward to posting here and there.

We didn't manage to run the campaign till its end, but some bitterness between players made me put it on hold for a while.
But it's a fantastic campaign, probably one of the best ever published in my own humble et very personal opinion.

We didn't manage to run the campaign till its end, but some bitterness between players made me put it on hold for a while.
But it's a fantastic campaign, probably one of the best ever published in my own humble et very personal opinion.

From reading it, I don't disagree!

Sorry to here about players shafting yours, and their own, fun though. Hope you get to go back to it.

Hello RPGpubcrawlers.

I'm Yoh-01, a French tabletop RPG GM and player in my mid-40s, and at it since the late 80s.

At the moment, I'm running games of Swords of the Serpentine and Trail of Cthulhu, and I'm a player in a Bubblegumshoe campaign.

I'm also thinking of running some homebrewed games using Microscope as a worldbuilder and Cortex Prime as their system.

Big fan of Trail, Bubblegum and Microscope. You obviously have great taste since I agree with it!

:shade:

Thanks! I'm also a GM at Night's Black Agents but I'm taking a break after years of running the Dracula Dossier.

Oh, we're going to get along swimmingly!

Welcome to the pub!

Hello RPGpubcrawlers.

Welcome, Yoh-01! I hope you enjoy your stay here. :smile:

Please feel free to visit my equally-friendly Discord chatroom, Randomworlds (see the link in my signature)! :smile:

Hello RPGpubcrawlers.

Welcome to the menagerie Yoh-01!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back