We’re you aware that you are in the middle of a chicken sandwich war?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Raleel

The Lemon LeCroix of Mythras
Reaction score
I did not believe this was real but sure as chicken shit, we are in the middle of. A chicken sandwich war. Restaurants are fighting over our poultry preferring palate, browning their brioche buns, and slathering on savory sauces.

“Given the last two years, I honestly could see chicken rustlers murdering people and pirating their flocks” - my friend. The whole thing is so ridiculous I just can’t even. It’s a chicken sandwich, for the love of Pete

I remember the hype in summer 2019 around the Popeye's chicken sandwich. A friend of mine fought the crowd one day and bought a few us the sandwich. It was delicious, but it would be my last because of the pandemic.

I'll give it as much attention as I did the cola wars back in the day.
One year I was feeling flush because I'd started a new job, and the pay was a considerable bump over the previous job. I had a friend who told me that he wanted to learn to appreciate the finer things in life, so I bought him a bottle of 12-year old single malt whiskey for Christmas. MacAllens. I remember it being quite a smooth drop.

Fucker drank it with coke. When I informed him that he was letting the species down he told me that no, it was okay -- it wasn't pepsi.

So now I don't buy booze for anyone but me and people who care about the difference between colas can go step on a rake.

One year I was feeling flush because I'd started a new job, and the pay was a considerable bump over the previous job. I had a friend who told me that he wanted to learn to appreciate the finer things in life, so I bought him a bottle of 12-year old single malt whiskey for Christmas. MacAllens. I remember it being quite a smooth drop.

Fucker drank it with coke. When I informed him that he was letting the species down he told me that no, it was okay -- it wasn't pepsi.

So now I don't buy booze for anyone but me and people who care about the difference between colas can go step on a rake.

Honest confession - I love single malt 12 year Glenfiddich mixed with Dr. Pepper

I had a friend who told me that he wanted to learn to appreciate the finer things in life, so I bought him a bottle of 12-year old single malt whiskey for Christmas. MacAllens. I remember it being quite a smooth drop.

I was a bartender at a karaoke bar for a few years and it was fairly common among a certain kind of patron to order top shelf booze mixed with Coke. I don't give a shit, it's their money and I'm not the one who looks like an uncultured swine trying to impress everyone. The same kind of person is likely to eat well-done steak drenched in catsup or steak sauce. Paul Fussell was spot-on when he wrote, "taste, values, ideas, style and behavior are indispensable criteria of class, regardless of money or occupation.”

Honest confession - I love single malt 12 year Glenfiddich mixed with Dr. Pepper
Dr. Pepper? Gaah

(‘fiddich and Coke is pretty good!)

I’d be mad too but you know, that’s the thing with gifts — not even the gift-giver gets a say on what people do with them.

Dr. Pepper? Gaah

(‘fiddich and Coke is pretty good!)

I’d be mad too but you know, that’s the thing with gifts — not even the gift-giver gets a say on what people do with them.
This is a pet peeves of mine. I used to hang out with a guy who gave stuff out to people semi regularly and was pissed if they didn't do what he wanted with it. If I give you a gift I give you a gift not an obligation. Do with it as you please.

This is a pet peeves of mine. I used to hang out with a guy who gave stuff out to people semi regularly and was pissed if they didn't do what he wanted with it. If I give you a gift I give you a gift not an obligation. Do with it as you please.
I should add however what you do with it might factor into whether I give a gift again.
This is a lesson I am actively teaching one of my son's today.

If a little bit of context helps, the guy also started smoking a pipe because it was classy. But he was actually a non-smoker and didn't want to become one, so he just held it in his mouth with the tobacco burning and didn't inhale.

If a little bit of context helps, the guy also started smoking a pipe because it was classy. But he was actually a non-smoker and didn't want to become one, so he just held it in his mouth with the tobacco burning and didn't inhale.
Lord save us all from ourselves when we think we're about to do something 'cool'

I found a recipe that replicates Wendy’s Spicy Chicken Sandwhich. It's really good.

Spicy Yumminess
Pringles_Wendys_Spicy_Chicken_Media_Image.jpg

@ Kilted Rob Kilted Rob I tried your recipe and it was delicious; I made a bunch of chicken breast tenderloins using romaine lettuce in lieu of buns. I especially appreciated it being baked and not fried. Be warned it is really salty. Man I think my blood pressure spiked from all the salt after I ate a ton of these things LOL. It is also fairly spicy- I loved it but it was too spicy for the Mrs. I think I might have put an extra teaspoon of cayenne in there in error but still 4 teaspoons is a lot!

Glad you enjoyed it Brock Savage Brock Savage, looking back at the recipe, that is a lot of salt. Knowing me, I probably ignored that and just used a wee bit of course sea salt and upped the pepper. The spiciness takes some adjusting to taste, I like mine spicy, with a dollop of blue cheese dressing from this recipe.

Blue Cheese Yum Yum

Had various killer curry chicken satay overseas. One of the best was coated in mayonnaise (full fat!), mustard, ketchup, sesame, garlic & chili powder repeatedly as it was cooked over open flame. Finished with almonds roasted. Deceptively simple. The principle is sound: mayo fat coating keeps chicken meat moist while roasting, mustard had mustard turmeric & vinegar, ketchup had tomato cinammon clove nutmeg sugar and more vinegar, garlic & chilis finish off the curry (without the obvious curry leaves) flavor... Point being it is about the mix, the interplay, as much as the intensity.

That Wendy's recipe, I think, can swap the mayo for real fat mayo, cut most of the salt & flour (breading & battering doesn't add that much unless properly fried, IMO. I know, elitist,), swap most of the cayenne for different grades of chili powders & pastes to taste (I say at least two different paprikas, just for more complex mouth feel)... feels like the Frank's Red Hot is doing a lot of the flavor heavy lifting because that shit is so good you can put it on everything. The Wendy's spicy sandwich is good, definitely has kick, but harsh on the innards for less mouth-fun payoff.

There's more than one pepper flavor out there besides "pain!", kinda like beer is more than ass puckering hops "bitter!" contest. But as an American I know we have a penchant for excess. Be patient with us.

Call me crazy but the BK Original Chicken Sandwich (the classic oblong version) remains my favorite.

The fact that they've kept it on the menu even while they're trying to push the Ch'king is telling.

The Ch'king sucks, BTW.

There used to be a little place downtown here that did hand breaded schnitzel burgers, they pounded, breaded and fried the meat right before your eyes. Loaded them up with banana peppers. Sadly, they were too slow and when people are grabbing lunch, a thirty minute wait doesn't cut it. They've been gone for years now but my mouth still waters at the thought of it.

You can go back to your frozen, prebreaded, chicken patties now.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back