WFRP 4 Interest - The Old World's End

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

OHT

Reviewer
Reaction score
The Old World's End

It's that time of year already. The annual Ale of the Year competition! Brewers from all of Eilhart's districts are polishing their mixing tanks, expanding their yeast patches, and hiding their corkscrews lest 'Vats' Domino, notorious Brettonian racketeer pays them a visit. Head judge Hendrik Hopp has his work cut out this year as a motley bunch of breweries are vying for the title, from Father Brown's monastic brew, to Mad Lizzies liddle fizzies.

And who or what is The Cuckoo? Said to be a master of disguise, is he a gentleman thief, a prankster, the Emperor's official Weights & Measures representative – or something even worse.

Is someone using illegal ingredients? Is that really a worm in the bottom of the glass? Where have all the vagrants gone? Why in the Emperor's name are the Inn Keepers guild getting so militant?

A boozy excursion into the Empire in 5 parts, starting with Clash of the Tankards where the scene is set and the rivals to the PCs introduced, and continuing with Down the Hatch!

Careers best suited to this adventure are: Nun/monk (with brewing or accounting experience), Artisan (brewer), Investigator, Townsman (brewery or inn worker), Watchman, Spy, Herbalist, River-warden, Smuggler. If you want to play something else, persuade me.

At least one of the nun/monk, artisan, or townsman career must be taken as the brewery worker and you have the freedom to name your brewery and fill in whatever little details you like about it – name of your beers etc. As you'll be starting characters, you will not be in charge of the brewery, but you will be perfectly placed to investigate any unusual events!

Apart from your career, generate your character randomly (you can choose what you look like). Ignore the xp awards or penalties deriving from chargen. You will all have 150xps to spend before we start.

If you do not own WFRP 4 and would like to give it a go, choose a career from the list above and I will generate and post your character. We can explain how things work as we go along.

Obviously, I have final say on who I want in the game. If you're on my ignore list and don't get an answer from me, you ain't getting in.

I prefer a healthy posting rate, so if you can't commit to multiple posts per day, do not sign up for the game. Let's see how far we get. Bottoms up!

I think that's what you call a busted flush!

I'm playing too many games, but that's not going to stop me!:grin:

When you say a good few posts a day what rate do you have in mind?

3 posts a day seems like a good rate to aim for if we can.

Preferably i'd like 3 players, but i think i could manage 2 with me running an NPC, so if anyone else is up for it, we could still give it a go.

That's a grand rate, I'll try to make my character tomorrow.

Reactions: OHT
Looking good. Still need at least one more player though.

"Ahhh... Bugman's Beard! I'll do it!" a red-bearded dwarf growls, stepping forward. He slams down his pint of ale and grins grimly. "Never send a halflin' t'do a dwarf's job, that's what my grandsire always said!"

I'll start working on a character ASAP.

EDIT: Chargen thus far
Gnorri Gotrekson
Male dwarf
Class: Warrior
Career: Pit fighter

+50 XP

WS - 36
BS - 31
S - 34
T - 41
I - 28