What are the kids drawing now?

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Reaction score
So I think I mentioned before that the Tornado Twins, ages 7 and about-to-turn 9, are enrolled in a couple of "after-school enrichment programs" ($:weep::wink:), one where they learn different sports and games and another where they're drawing mostly animals of the Australian Outback. Before that they took the drawing class I think a couple of times before as well as a couple of woodshop basics courses where they built and painted toy cars, airplanes, and other fun items. Two weeks ago they drew a cuscus, which I thought was some sort of possum because the kids told me it was "an Australian animal that starts with a K," but every animal I proposed it could be they told me it wasn't.
20181002_225413.jpg
Found out today what it was. Had to explain the reason I never suggested cuscus is because it doesn't start with a K! Last week they missed a class because the art instructor got the schedule wrong, which was annoying, but they've tacked on a make-up class at the end. Today they had their 2nd Australia art class and drew Ayers Rock a.k.a. Uluru. My daughter wanted to draw an animal so she decided to slip a kangaroo cameo into hers. Spot it?
20181010_205231.jpg
My son keeps hoping they'll get to draw a dingo because he loves dogs, all dogs, any dogs. My daughter thinks that would be unfair because she loves cats and there are no Australian cats. I tried to trick her with the Tasmanian tiger but she's seen enough Wild Kratts to know it's (1) not really a cat and (2) is extinct. I think she'll settle for a koala.

Endless Flight

I Have The Power!
Administrator
Reaction score
I’m impressed with their art skills for their ages.

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Reaction score
The kids made cute sea otter puppets at Birch Aquarium Summer Camp:
20190809_191726.jpg
20190809_191750.jpg
(I have no idea why my daughter decided her otter needed a third eye.)