What are the kids drawing now?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Reaction score
So I think I mentioned before that the Tornado Twins, ages 7 and about-to-turn 9, are enrolled in a couple of "after-school enrichment programs" ($:weep::wink:), one where they learn different sports and games and another where they're drawing mostly animals of the Australian Outback. Before that they took the drawing class I think a couple of times before as well as a couple of woodshop basics courses where they built and painted toy cars, airplanes, and other fun items. Two weeks ago they drew a cuscus, which I thought was some sort of possum because the kids told me it was "an Australian animal that starts with a K," but every animal I proposed it could be they told me it wasn't.
20181002_225413.jpg
Found out today what it was. Had to explain the reason I never suggested cuscus is because it doesn't start with a K! Last week they missed a class because the art instructor got the schedule wrong, which was annoying, but they've tacked on a make-up class at the end. Today they had their 2nd Australia art class and drew Ayers Rock a.k.a. Uluru. My daughter wanted to draw an animal so she decided to slip a kangaroo cameo into hers. Spot it?
20181010_205231.jpg
My son keeps hoping they'll get to draw a dingo because he loves dogs, all dogs, any dogs. My daughter thinks that would be unfair because she loves cats and there are no Australian cats. I tried to trick her with the Tasmanian tiger but she's seen enough Wild Kratts to know it's (1) not really a cat and (2) is extinct. I think she'll settle for a koala.

I’m impressed with their art skills for their ages.

giphy.gif

The kids made cute sea otter puppets at Birch Aquarium Summer Camp:
20190809_191726.jpg
20190809_191750.jpg
(I have no idea why my daughter decided her otter needed a third eye.)

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back