What are y'all up to these days?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

spittingimage

hawwwk-ptui
Reaction score
Overall, the adult group had better tactics and decisions, but they made a serious error during chargen - no one chose to play a medic.
Players in my (currently on hiatus) Genius: the Transgression games like to solve their problems by hitting them. But in the current game, no-one invested any points in fighty skills. I gave them a meatshield NPC who was also crap at fighting but had a much larger capacity to absorb punishment. He needs it, because one of the PCs carries a gun he's terrible with, and occasionally shoots him in the back by mistake.

Dammit Viktor

Legendary Member
Reaction score
A completist will leave themself no choice. I know a guy who had one fishing boat and a wife. Now, he has three fishing boats and a "utility cruiser." whatever that is, and no wife. He coulda been an RPG completist for a lot less money.

I think imma start referring to my forever girlfriend as my "utility cruiser", and I'll let y'all know how that works out.

under_score

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Gaming has been a mixed bag lately, but looking up.

I disbanded my online Call of Cthulhu game. I'd never really gelled with that group of players (one in particular is among the most negative people I've had the misfortune of gaming with), and the online format kept getting in the way of achieving any sort of immersion into the horror. Kind of a shame, cause I'd spent a lot of time preparing the Arkham sandbox, but I'm mostly relieved not to have to worry about it anymore.

But on a positive note, I'm finally getting an in person group together again. Got a couple friends who I used to game with that are ready to get back together, and I've got a coworker who wants to join, so that should be fun. I'm going to try, once more, to get Masks of Nyarlathotep going. Ordered the HPLHS box set and am just trying to decide where on the Classic to Pulp meter I want to run this.

Bill Reich

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Players in my (currently on hiatus) Genius: the Transgression games like to solve their problems by hitting them. But in the current game, no-one invested any points in fighty skills. I gave them a meatshield NPC who was also crap at fighting but had a much larger capacity to absorb punishment. He needs it, because one of the PCs carries a gun he's terrible with, and occasionally shoots him in the back by mistake.
My players rarely have had the knack of having one character take all the damage.. Even in theater of the mind, it is very difficult to manage.

Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com