What are y'all up to these days?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Steel Aces: Playing Jacks 2, Page 3: Who’s There?
Cybernetic dragons that acts as personnel carriers for Chimera! Bet you thought we were going to say the Steel Aces.

I took a break from running Trophy Gold to go back to the Between. We started Season Two tonight.

Season 1 ended with the group completing 10 threats in total, and then defeated the Mastermind, Theodora Brathwaite. They set her on fire inadvertently by destroying this artifact of power she was holding and he ended up burning for three days in an arcane green fire in the back garden of Hargrave House. Crisis averted.

We lost only the ghost character, the Unquiet, since they finished their unfinished business and went on to the realm beyond the veil. The player is now playing the Autonomous ("Experience liberation and freedom in this robotic playbook about personal autonomy and the anxieties of industrialization."), which is basically a Victorian styled synthetic person named Ollerenshaw. They were created for some side mission for the mastermind, Theodora Brathwaite, but was never truly activated. Now Hargrave House will put them to work.

The other returning characters are the American (werewolf gunslinger), the Vessel (sorcerer) who is now training a powerful medium side character from Season 1, the Explorer (wealthy defender of the Queen), and the Mother (Dr. Frankenstein). The Mother ended Season 1 creating life (with the help of former serial killer, Sally No Face), a powerful human-like being named, James. And has proceeded to teach James how to be human under the guise that he is a visiting nephew. James has requested the doctor create him a companion (yes, a Bride of Frankenstein situation is brewing).

The first threat is Figg's Piggs (a family of cannibals selling meat pies in London), and while investigating their shop they run smack into the new mastermind, the Breathless (an ancient spirit possessing one of Hargrave House's closest allies, soldier of fortune, Owen Bromhead).

Last edited:
Much as I love it, my Carcosa game is stalling due to scheduling issues and I have been considering an open gaming table for a while now. No more scheduling hassles, just run the game a couple times a month and whoever shows up, plays. I can host it at the local FLGS. Ideally someone would step up to GM so I could play in the goddam thing once in a while as well.

Unfortunately my elevator pitch sounds really close, almost identical to what this guy did. A ruined alien city has been discovered on a frozen isle, attracting adventurers from around the world in search of treasure and artifacts. It's a little discouraging when someone else has not only done your idea but done a great job of it as well.

Another hitch is that directing my efforts towards a couple years of additional education is going to be more rewarding than preparing and hosting a biweekly open game.

Last edited:
Unfortunately my elevator pitch sounds really close, almost identical to what this guy did. A ruined alien city has been discovered on a frozen isle, attracting adventurers from around the world in search of treasure and artifacts. It's a little discouraging when someone else has not only done your idea but done a great job of it as well.
Oh gosh, that has shades of The thing all over it.

Back when I was in college, my group worked on a setting we named MEKKA. Which was about an alien artifact landing in a desert in the Middle East and spawning mechanical fighting machines, in around 1200AD. It never went further than discussions because of cultural sensitivities I guess but the idea of having both Crusaders and Islamic Warriors fighting an alien menace was enchanting to us.

First art commissions back from the artists for the superhero book. And of course I'm now distracted by the Zhongguo idea so might get them to make some concept art for that too.

Attachments

• 5A1F0844-F667-4592-810B-42D864D21B89.jpeg
    5A1F0844-F667-4592-810B-42D864D21B89.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 17
So I had a very strange dream that I'm going to describe in terms of an RPG setting. Fallen tribes of tiny Fae scrounging for survival in a post-apocalyptic cyber distopia, and fighting an unseen war against cats in a shiny arcology supermall. So, IDK, the Borrowers meets Mad Max Fury Road? It was a very cool dream.

I tend to spend most of my free mental energy thinking about my Savage Worlds campaign. Which I'm generally fine with, considering that rpgs are my second-favorite hobby after general outdoorsy-ness. But considering that my players have just as much fun in a session I throw together ten minutes before game time as they do in a session that I spend a month planning, I'm considering spending less time and energy thinking about the campaign.

Those were certainly common among potheads during the early 90s here.

I stopped hanging around in "teh scene" by the early 2000s so I have no idea if they still are. I never owned one myself.

Last edited:
Those were certainly common among potheads during the early 90s here.

I stopped hanging around in "teh scene" by the early 2000s so I have no idea if they still are. I never owned one myself.
::cough...cough:: We preferred the term "surfer". ::meanders off looking for something while muttering something about being baked::

::cough...cough:: We preferred the term "surfer". ::meanders off looking for something while muttering something about being baked::
There's no 'surfer scene' here but there certainly were a lot of skaters among them. With weed being semi-legal here, which at the time was still considered progressive, pot use was fairly widespread and certainly not limited to one subcultural group.

Adventure Seed: Weapon’s Test
Help the army test a new battle suit. Nothing could go wrong, right? Enjoy a fast, action packed one-shot inspired by classic high adventure comics, oh and big robots.

Last edited:
Getting ready to launch "Season 2" of my Cryptworld campaign on Roll20. In honor of 2022 and all things two, I'll be incorporating Chill 2nd edition adventures and pregens. I may also include adventures from the Tales From the Crypt and Supernatural RPGs.

I've decided to stay with a text-only format despite the trouble it creates for player recruitment.

We wrapped up our Starships & Spacemen campaign last night. We hadn't been playing as often the last few months, about once or twice a month, due to real-world stuff being pesky and interfering with our shenanigans.

We're not certain yet what our next game will be. Even though all of our players have now taken a turn behind the GM screen, I know they're all still probably looking at me to come up with the next game pitch. Trouble is, I'm kinda at a low point in terms of creativity and drive at the moment. I have several different ideas noodling around in my head, but there's no one game, setting or concept that's really grabbing me at the moment.

Steel Aces: Playing Jacks 2, Page 4: Breakthrough
The battle below the streets of Arlington continues as Guardian holds back the Slither Tank's assault.

Disappointed that the next thing Pinnacle is putting out is the Savage Worlds Fantasy Companion. Really wish they had prioritized the Sci Fi Companion or the Martial Arts Companion. Guess I'll just have to be patient.

I know actual April Fools' Day was last week, but my group plays bi-weekly, so tomorrow will be our special April Fools' Day episode. Instead of Savage Worlds rules, we will be using the Everything is Difficult rules, where you literally have to roll for success every time you use a verb describing what your character does, which means, for example, you can critically fail at walking. Should be some weird, silly fun :smile: .

So I had a very strange dream that I'm going to describe in terms of an RPG setting. Fallen tribes of tiny Fae scrounging for survival in a post-apocalyptic cyber distopia, and fighting an unseen war against cats in a shiny arcology supermall. So, IDK, the Borrowers meets Mad Max Fury Road? It was a very cool dream.
Are the tiny Redcaps going to make War Rigs out of RC cars and Home Depot stuff to hunt the cats with?

Anyway, Rolemaster, I'm in an 8 hr plus playing time ogre fight. When each turn in a minute long. I think we are entering rnd 12. Party is winning grindy hard.

It is slow and granular , all online, but fun as hell. We also do a lot of slow, RP dominated, character stuff. So the party has been overdue for some extended intense violence.

In the planning stages for what I hope will be a long term play by post campaign using Tunnels and Trolls. Part of that means being quite organised so making a list of the various folders/areas I'll need. NPCs (Good, bad and neutral), Places (maps, details, interesting or important places), The World (Politics, wars, prices of stuff, maps) so far but I'll add to the list. Only a couple of players so far signed up but I'll go with that and add more as time goes on.

Not going crazy ambitious (the players might drift away, such is the risk of play by post) but hoping to start something that will last. We'll see.

In the planning stages for what I hope will be a long term play by post campaign using Tunnels and Trolls. Part of that means being quite organised so making a list of the various folders/areas I'll need. NPCs (Good, bad and neutral), Places (maps, details, interesting or important places), The World (Politics, wars, prices of stuff, maps) so far but I'll add to the list. Only a couple of players so far signed up but I'll go with that and add more as time goes on.

Not going crazy ambitious (the players might drift away, such is the risk of play by post) but hoping to start something that will last. We'll see.
PbP is pretty relaxed. Don't kill yourself doing prep outside the immediate play area.

UMMAC : The Naming and More
The votes have been tallied and the name of the community created setting is in! Find out the name, check out the setting summary, and a preview of what comes next!

Last night was my first session at a second weekly D&D game. It's DM'd by a player at my long running campaign. For his setting he took all the current published adventures and had the villains win, all as a part of Vecna's plan to become God-Emperor of the Forgotten Realms. It's pretty sweet.

Vecna huh? I like Vecna as a big bad. Somewhere I have bits and pieces for a Shadowfell campaign that had Vecna going head to head with the Raven Queen in the background for control of the souls of the dead.
Yeah, here he gets powerful by people dieing and weaker by people being born. So he found a way to grow people in vats that circumnavigates birth. The party is made up of these clones and in a couple weeks there will be a lottery in the city we're in that picks 100 people to be sacrificed to Vecna.

So... my girlfriend is trying to put a gaming group together, primarily for the benefit of her sister-in-law. I'm excited about this, though my girlfriend is making it kinda sound like sister-in-law has very strong preferences for only the vanilliest of vanilla fantasies and that's... a difficult space for me to operate in. I'm hoping to be able to run my d20 space fantasy bullshit, but if that's not ready in time-- or vetoed again-- I'm ready to fall back to Spelljammer using Old School Essentials.

Not up to much of anything else. I'm in two MHR games on RPOL (as April Parker and Victor V. Doom PI) that are moving very slowly at the moment, but I'm looking forward to picking back up soon.

Not gaming related, but I've been watching the first three dozen or so YouTube reviews of Everything Everywhere All at Once and binging the back catalog of the MacGyver reboot and Riverdale, neither of which is inspiring me to do anything specific but both of which are filling me with creative energies.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back