What are y'all up to these days?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Watching the last of the art come in for my first horror module, "Horror in Hopkinsville."

I had to switch interior artists at the last minute, and while I hate using two different styles in a module, Mac Teg is really helping to bring it home. Love his style.

alien.png

Adventure Seed: Spider Jack Meets The Pumpkin Prince
Join us for the final adventure of Spider Jack. Learn the truth behind the haunting of Perez Park. Find out who has been pulling the strings all along, as reality breaks and the dream ends.

Adventure Seed: Spider Jack Meets The Pumpkin Prince
Join us for the final adventure of Spider Jack. Learn the truth behind the haunting of Perez Park. Find out who has been pulling the strings all along, as reality breaks and the dream ends.

As long as pumpkin spice is depicted realistically, that is evil.

As long as pumpkin spice is depicted realistically, that is evil.

In the first adventure, people didn't know what to make of the cotton candy like webbing appearing around the park, so humans being human, ate it. In years two and three we see them as these kind of mindless pumpkin zombies, does that work for you?

Jesus fucking christ. Word and its inconsis

Playing Jacks (Part 2), Page 18: The Other Shoe
With Chimera's Drifters unleashed on the Aces, Bulwark comes to a dark realization.

In the first adventure, people didn't know what to make of the cotton candy like webbing appearing around the park, so humans being human, ate it. In years two and three we see them as these kind of mindless pumpkin zombies, does that work for you?

While I see that as just, we do owe a lot to people who try new things, even if it doesn't work out so well for them.
"Mushrooms? One killed Ron, Bobby is still having visions but the ones Jenny picked are delicious."

My latest release for Supers! Revised it now out! It's a new Halloween Horrors, featuring three nasty demons people like to summon to do terrible things to others. Get it here!

413622.jpg

Will be running The Black Hack at the library this afternoon. Fortunately, I figured out why my monsters were such pushovers last time: I had missed the part in the rules where monsters get Armor Points.
I think we all know the feeling:thumbsup:!

oh yeah, almost forgot (and not gaming related really). I finished my short story revision of my microfiction (which is linked in my sig), and uploaded it to Amazon. It's now under review, and once that's done, will go live. Should be interesting to see how things go from here.

I seem to have a block. Not writer's block, more an inability to sit down and write.

It might be because of a heavy workload, or just being fed up.

Hopefully, it will sort itself soon.

I have taken Christmas Week off work and have all that time to sit down and write stuff, so hopefully it will be sorted by then.

I seem to have a block. Not writer's block, more an inability to sit down and write.

It might be because of a heavy workload, or just being fed up.

Hopefully, it will sort itself soon.

I have taken Christmas Week off work and have all that time to sit down and write stuff, so hopefully it will be sorted by then.

Hope you are able to find the time you need.

I am doing a random encounter generator (both Glory Road Roleplay and OSR/D20 for each encounter) so I can't complain about nothing to do.
Meanwhile, one of my regular online players is recovering from a heart attack and C.J. has moved down here.
So, we will resume online play soon and may get some in-person play going.

Getting ready for tomorrow's Halloween episode of my Savage Worlds campaign, which I'm looking forward to. Also, since it will be the closest session to my birthday, the couple that's part of the group is planning to bring pizza for everyone :smile: .

What program did you use?

Dungeondraft. Pretty easy to use, especially if you watch some (quick) youtube tutorials, once you get used to it and its around $20. Pretty pleased with the results but I have no previous experience in creating digital maps so I'm not speaking as an expert just a noob!

And here's the second part of the map - a mix of caves and excavated rooms...

1666302768670.png

The bridge at the top leads to the Maze of Zagor and the Warlock but these first two maps should keep the lads occupied on Saturday.

Really think they've come out well. Highly recommend the app!

Join us this Saturday, October 22nd at 7 PM Eastern, as we live stream Spider Jack Meets The Pumpkin Prince, the latest Halloween adventure for Metahumans Rising as part of an all day charity event hosted by Fool's Moon Entertainment Inc.

There are great games going all day so log on anytime.

We look forward to seeing you there.
https://t.co/eUsVZ6m4gY

1666358752708.png

Characters for the Warlock of Firetop Mountain adventure tomorrow (using those maps I've posted earlier):

1666385031536.png

And his magic sheet...

1666385059855.png

1666385114293.png

1666385168909.png

Stat sheets are homemade because I've house ruled it to have a Knowledge attribute.

Will be playing with a mate from school I haven't seen in about 30 years and his 11 year old lad who's interested in getting into roleplaying games. Hopefully he'll enjoy the game and want to try others. :thumbsup:

I and a few friends decided to start up a different group, we were discussing playing my Steampunk/Post-Apoclypse setting but things turned towards more interest in Cyberpunk genre and Shadowrun-esque being a contender except for the system. We discussed using Modern Age, but when making a character we ran into a wall, and so we decided to hack High Valor into something...which as yet to be named but I made a very ROUGH PC sheet (only 2 minutes or so)

Attachments

• CCKPC.jpg
    CCKPC.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 3
And here's the second part of the map - a mix of caves and excavated rooms...

View attachment 50914

The bridge at the top leads to the Maze of Zagor and the Warlock but these first two maps should keep the lads occupied on Saturday.

Really think they've come out well. Highly recommend the app!

Hey Rich, I'm a fan of Dungeondraft too. I use both Other World Mapper and Dungeondraft actually. Other World Mapper can do more, but is a steeper learning curve compared to the relatively simple interface of DD. Also, for smaller scale maps DD is the way to go, while showing larger areas is where OWM shines.

For example, a regional map of part of The Back Yard (Army Ants RPG)

LstNmxn.jpg

I'd use DD for any buildings or closeups of any of those points of interest.

Also, if you need a resource for more map icons/assets? https://cartographyassets.com/

Powering Through 5: Mythical Bestiary
Who wants to shape shift into a hawk when you can be a griffin, forget gila monsters, become a basilisk. The Mythical Bestiary doesn't give you a collection of monsters, you are the monsters.

Haven't played or ran much of anything lately, just the occasional one-shot here and there. No one in our group quite knew what we wanted to do next. However some of my recent reading (Fafhrd & Gray Mouser, Thieves' World, the Gangbuster RPG) inspired me to pitch an all-thieves game using AD&D 2e. Last night they rolled up characters and I ran a short heist adventure for them.

Haven't played or ran much of anything lately, just the occasional one-shot here and there. No one in our group quite knew what we wanted to do next. However some of my recent reading (Fafhrd & Gray Mouser, Thieves' World, the Gangbuster RPG) inspired me to pitch an all-thieves game using AD&D 2e. Last night they rolled up characters and I ran a short heist adventure for them.
The All-Mother continues to impress. :grin:

I'm getting ready to run another campaign of CyberpunkRED. RED has some advantages over 2020. It's a lot more accessible to players who are mainly familiar with 5e.

I am going to run with a number of house rules. Mainly these:

1. I am porting in the Auto-fire rules from 2020
2. Critical injuries happen on 1 6 instead of 2 or more.
3. I am adding rules for City-wide network and an option for Netrunners to be able to Deep-dive and access some (but not all) networks remotely.

I'm getting ready to run another campaign of CyberpunkRED. RED has some advantages over 2020. It's a lot more accessible to players who are mainly familiar with 5e.

3. I am adding rules for City-wide network and an option for Netrunners to be able to Deep-dive and access some (but not all) networks remotely.

Really curious on how different Red is from 2020. Good luck and give them hell.

Have you watched Seth Skorkowsky's recent video review on it? I tend to agree down the line with what he found. I'll add to his review that when I tried to have a conversation about some of these sort of short coming's on Reddit I ran into chaff and flares. No one wanted to have an honest conversation about the issues of Cyberpunk Red. :sad: I just walked away, deciding not to bother.
Edit: Certified Certified check out his video I linked below and watch his review of the starter set also.

Last edited:
That's odd. When I went to reddit, they seemed pretty open about discussing RED's flaws. I found plenty of people homebrewing the game, discussing better rules.

I agree with most of Seth's points. At first I thought the "re-roll 1d6 for every 6 points you beat the defense DV by" rule was over-complicated, but I think I will use that. It's a little more forgiving than the 1 6 = critical wound.

The points I disagree with are that the generic weapon list is necessarily bad. I like using that as a basis but then adding new weapons on top, rather like Star Wars D6. There are generic Blasters and Heavy Blasters, but then you can find fancier weapons with more unique stats.

I disagree with the idea that having loads and loads of weapon stats adds to the CP2020 game. If anything, having loads and loads of weapon stats is one place I've found were RPGs can get bogged down in needless minutiae.

Last edited:
I've been playing around with Wombo ai today, coming up with some images I can use as a reference for an actual artist to draw one of my original Mythos entities. Definitely got some interesting images out of it. The critter looks like a black colored stag with glowing red eyes, and tentacles protruding from its body.
Evil_Black_Stag_TradingCard.jpg Evil_Black_Stag_2_TradingCard.jpgEvil_Stag_3_TradingCard.jpg Evil_Stag_4_TradingCard.jpg

The most out there one was this one:
Octopoid_TradingCard.jpg

HEPCATS Episode 61: How Deep Does This Go, Anyway?
2nd November Cat Year. RLD 30th September 2022
Present: Ayu, Baron von Braun, Eva, Pierre, N0-5R, Zera

The team kept encountering weird shit as they descended further and further below the Speedchrome City shopping mall.

A few highlights: the team got lemonade from a robot resembling a ladybug. The team met a Critter. They sent the Critter ahead of them down a broken escalator, where it was sliced into 97 pieces by a laser grid. Pierre found the switch to turn off the laser grid. Although the team had just met the Critter, they were apparently fond of him. They collected the 97 pieces and put them in the pouches of the robot kangaroos. I guess the team was hoping that later they could find someone to resurrect the Critter?

The team got hit by a matrix wave and found themselves in a very different time and place…

To be continued…

XP: +5

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back