What are y'all up to these days?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Just had one of the best Saturnalia/Christmas seasons in a very long time. Spent a lot of good time with my family and got some cool gifts too. It's something I needed after a long bout of crushing depression, and my new meds are working quite well so far. I'm taking to the new regimen like a duck to water.

Just had one of the best Saturnalia/Christmas seasons in a very long time. Spent a lot of good time with my family and got some cool gifts too. It's something I needed after a long bout of crushing depression, and my new meds are working quite well so far. I'm taking to the new regimen like a duck to water.
Merry Christmas, Doc. :smile:

So, I take it no one knows what happened to Adventure Time season 4? :sad:

So, I take it no one knows what happened to Adventure Time season 4? :sad:
Looked it up as I did not know what that was, or that there were 3 prior seasons of it. Are you asking about a TV show from almost 8 years ago? "The full season set was released on DVD and Blu-ray on October 7, 2014."

Looked it up as I did not know what that was, or that there were 3 prior seasons of it. Are you asking about a TV show from almost 8 years ago? "The full season set was released on DVD and Blu-ray on October 7, 2014."

They're all up on Netflix except season 4, is what puzzles me. As if there's some issue with that season in particular.

An old friend invited me to play on his AD&D 2nd ed game.
We created the characters, I had fun. He is aiming to do some classic simple dungeon crawling.
During the character creation I missed RuneQuest and the BRP ruleset, guess I found my family system. :hehe:
Also, after checking the OSE SRD and the basic rules, the AD&D core books became a total mess for my eyes, Gavin really did a great job on layout.

So my friend who tried out BoL when I ran it and I were talking about either a modern day action game or something sci-fi. I was leaning towards maybe running Eldritch Skies (since I have the Unisystem version and have a lot of experience running that), then I started reading the free version of Esper Genesis. I played 5E when it first came out, and I found it better than the last time I played D&D (I last played when AD&D was out). The fact EG is self contained, along with having a free version of the rules (and they even have a free GM section in a separate pdf), and I started thinking about running that. My other friend who works directly with me is also into D&D, so I pitched it to him. Since both of them seemed interested, I spent part of last night printing 3 copies of the basic rules at work (so all 3 of us have a copy), and putting them in binders. We might do something online (I'm looking at Rolegate, since it's geared more for text based games), and play face to face when our schedules permit.

I had a chance to start reading the basic rules. I've only gotten as far as the races, but It's not bad. I like how they modded the rules to go from magic to sci-fi. Of the races the basic rules cover, two didn't really grab me, but Ashenforged and Prometheans look interesting. And of course there are humans. One of them has a concept in mind (he wants to be a pilot in the vein of Han Solo), which would work since I'm thinking of them being kind of freelance troubleshooters (or smugglers), and was likely to give the a small ship to get around in. After I get off work tomorrow, I plan on diving into the rules more. Even though it's been a long time since I've run D&D, it's not hard to pick up on it. I've purchased some OSR games (Black Hack, Whitestar, White Lies and a couple of others), so I've read a few that share similar DNA to 5E. I'm cautiously optimistic, as I've had a few things fall through last year, so I am trying not to get too hyped up on this. So far though, it looks like this is more likely to happen than other plans I wanted to try

Been playing lots of board games with my youngest son, since we don't let him have electronics (he gets a shitty attitude with them).

Group is gaming again. Finished Sophomore year of East Texas University, finally.

Posted a review on the blog today, and have one queued for next week.

Started tinkering with replacing the math in Star Wars Saga Edition with the math from D&D 5e.

My oldest wasn't ever too bad. My youngest, though...

Now I'm working on him being both a sore loser and a sore winner.
My youngest nephew, who is 6, is a terrible loser in a way neither of his older brothers ever was. He flies into a rage the second he starts to lose anything, and accuses everyone of cheating. It doesn't matter if it is a board game or a video game. I was in a restaurant with them today, and he threw a tantrum because his nine-year-old brother completed the word search on the place mat before he did.

My youngest nephew, who is 6, is a terrible loser in a way neither of his older brothers ever was. He flies into a rage the second he starts to lose anything, and accuses everyone of cheating. It doesn't matter if it is a board game or a video game. I was in a restaurant with them today, and he threw a tantrum because his nine-year-old brother completed the word search on the place mat before he did.
I can't resist a chance to trigger sore losers and other tantrum-throwers. This would be easier if I won at boardgames more often myself. We had one grandfather who was both a terrible loser and a terrible winner. Of course we ended up mocking him for it at every occasion.

The competition has to be somewhat fair though. Maybe let them win occasionally, then praise them for it and show them how to lose with some dignity? Co-op games may also be an option.

Last edited:
Just trying to arrange some more dates for my home Savage Worlds group to get together. September through November, we played 2-3x per month, which was a pretty ideal pace for me as GM. I'm hoping we can get back to that same frequency, but as long as we can play at least once a month, I'll be relatively happy,.

Just trying to arrange some more dates for my home Savage Worlds group to get together. September through November, we played 2-3x per month, which was a pretty ideal pace for me as GM. I'm hoping we can get back to that same frequency, but as long as we can play at least once a month, I'll be relatively happy,.
Post-holiday winter is usually a pretty good time period to get a lot of gaming in.

Preparing a RuneQuest Glorantha one-shot for tomorrow night.
I want to run Pendragon sometime this year, but the moment I open RuneQuest books, I know where my heart is. :hehe:
I guess the Knights wont' mind to be considered plan B.... haha

Last edited:
Carry on, my wayward son.

Play, play the game tonight
Can you tell me if it's wrong or right
Is it worth the time, is it worth the price
Do you see yourself in the white spotlight
Then play the game tonight

Dropped into the local game store to check out the scene and holy hell, yeah. Not going to be playing with anyone there....Every bad stereotype type you can imagine...

Rob
Do elaborate!

"Star Wars '78" is GO! Meet the PCs (and their NPC droid):
20200104_125514.jpg
L to R: Smuggler Milo Talon, Arrogant Noble Vespa Voth, R2-FU, Minor Jedi Jubal Kinslayer, Bounty Hunter Wulf Zendik, Ewok Riprap

Milo Talon's as-yet-unnamed YT-2400 freighter:
cfxk9l1b3zqz.jpg
20200104_211046-1.jpg
I'm just giving it the rulebook stats for a generic "stock light freighter" as I just wanted them to have a ship that "looks Star Wars" but wasn't the same model as the Millennium Falcon.

I always use the ghtroc 720 because it looks like a turtle and I think that is cool. Dumarest Dumarest

Also, a while back I made a bunch of simple deckplans for Star Wars ships. The Lambda, the YT-1930, and the middle one is just a ship I made myself.

Link

So we got back into the post-holiday saddle and picked up playing DCC where we had left off, with the death of my wizard Tianna, and the aftermath thereof. I played Tianna's henchman Einar. It was one of those bookeeping/breather sessions - following up on old tangents, buying and selling equipment, trying to dig up information, hunting down rumors, etc. As play progressed I noticed the cleric Almara was being rather secretive in her investigations, not letting us - and me in particular- know what she was up to.

By the end of the night she revealed to us what she had been planning. Next week, we begin our quest to journey to the Deathlands to try to bring Tianna back to life.

I always use the ghtroc 720 because it looks like a turtle and I think that is cool. Dumarest Dumarest

Also, a while back I made a bunch of simple deckplans for Star Wars ships. The Lambda, the YT-1930, and the middle one is just a ship I made myself.

Link
Cool ship. Love the deckplans as it makes it much easier to imagine being aboard. Found these online, provenance unknown--looks like a sea turtle even more when painted green:
Accuser_Exterior_021907.gif

My group had our best session yet. We strangled Sky Otters in order to get magical tattoos, and tried to play matchmaker with some dwarves in the shadowfell. There were several good solid minutes where we had to wait until we stopped laughing because of the ridiculousness of the situation.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back