What are y'all up to these days?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
There is no video with Discord unless you pay for their premium service, Nitro
You can use video with a free account. You have to setup a group message and then you can video call them all. It's a little annoying that it isn't a part of your server, but if you're just using discord to game with friends it works fine.

I use Discord for free and can make video calls using it. I did so on Saturday. No idea where you got this info from, but it's wrong.
You can use video with a free account. You have to setup a group message and then you can video call them all. It's a little annoying that it isn't a part of your server, but if you're just using discord to game with friends it works fine.

is this a limited service of some kind? I'm unable to find it on our server.

You have to set up a call with people on your friends list. Here is the relevant info on doing so. You don't do it within the server afaik

Video isn't available from a server for free. Send a direct message to a friend, add any other friends to the conversation, now you've got a direct message group, and within that you can start a video call. You can also rename the direct message group.

Attachments

• 20200330_184000.jpg
    20200330_184000.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 2
You have to set up a call with people on your friends list. Here is the relevant info on doing so. You don't do it within the server afaik
Video isn't available from a server for free. Send a direct message to a friend, add any other friends to the conversation, now you've got a direct message group, and within that you can start a video call. You can also rename the direct message group.

thanks!

I use Discord for free and can make video calls using it. I did so on Saturday. No idea where you got this info from, but it's wrong.

I did qualify the opening statement with "im no expert". Good to know you can do this, still Zoom is much easier to use. You don't even need a friends list. Discord seems very convoluted for a thing that was set up to cater to gamers...

I ran a group doing a City adventure investigation game.
They spent the whole campaign talking to the BBEG, keeping him in their loop, explaining everything to him.
So he changed tactics and had the group help him become The Power. He even thanked them at his acceptance speech.
It was hilarious.

It was one of the few times the Bad Guy actually Won!
The BBEG was the local Gambling House owner. Everyone who worked for him always used poker references. None of them ever caught on.
Their jaws dropped as he gave the acceptance speech, referencing all of their good deeds that he had them do, which was nothing more than getting rid of his competition.
Best part was we had a Diviner Wizard(who really use divination spells still to this day have no idea why he wanted to play a Diviner) whio never bothered to cast any divination on or about Malhombre Blacque

No, they never did.
When they first met him it was "Malhombre Blacque, friends call me Mal. Welcome to my establishment! What is your desire."
And now my players are well on the road of getting to a repeat of this:grin:!

I did qualify the opening statement with "im no expert". Good to know you can do this, still Zoom is much easier to use. You don't even need a friends list. Discord seems very convoluted for a thing that was set up to cater to gamers...

I use Zoom for work and it is very easy to use for sure as long as everyone has a decent computer camera, although you cam also just do audio too. It is also quite deep with a bunch of features for work presentations and webinars I can imagine would be useful for gaming.

And now my players are well on the road of getting to a repeat of this:grin:!
To expand a bit on this...
I combined two games with similar premises set in Ancient Rome - Servants of Gaius and Maelstrom Rome. So my players are supernatural investigators, as seen in MR, and a certain cult is listed among their enemies, as in SoG.

Anyways, my players managed to untangle the matter with the murder of the son of a prominent politician. It was the deed of a cult member who is also a scion of an equally well-connected family...
And then they went and announced the whole matter to a relative of the murderer. One who also has some magic of her own, and actually is well-known among the "cult scene" of Ancient Rome.
She's actually a member of said cult. They had assumed she's an enemy of the cult, because she worked with the previous emperor. She was a mole of the cult, though:tongue:!
So, I'm now wondering how to spin that:shade:!

I'm at home for at least the next four days because spittingwife has symptoms of a mild Autumn flu. She's been judged low risk for Covid-19 after a phone interview with a public health nurse, but not actually cleared by physical examination. That's been extended to me because I've been working physically close by the hospital CEO and her team lately.

The work I can do from home is very limited. I'm okay with this because I've been a bit stressed lately and wouldn't mind a slow day.

And spittingwife has banned me from the home office because she's having confidential work conversations in there, which hardly seems fair when this situation is all her fault, from a certain point of view...

Now that I've gotten all the characters turned in for my Supers! game this weekend, I'm working on the first adventure. We've got a real interesting group of heroes: A middle aged human gadgeteer with a spacecraft that looks like a giant recliner, an alien arachnid who was bitten by a human and now has a humanoid form, a humanoid dinosaur from an alternate earth who wields a power ring ala Green Lantern, and an entity that was born from a meteor (the concept pitch includes said character being an alien version of the Monkey King). What was planned on being a serious game is likely going to now be much more humorous. I'm looking forward to it, as I've never run a game of Supers! where all the characters were this powerful.

Awesome! Was it a radioactive human?

From what they mentioned, it was just the intermingling of human dna via the bite that caused them to shift to a humanoid form. When looking for an image that suited the character, the player chose an unused concept for a xenomorph from Alien: Covenant for a humanoid, spider-like form. Looks pretty menacing

My first online Savage Worlds session on Google Hangouts went rather well! In some ways it's actually easier for me than running in person. My group stays more focused, and I don't have to clean house first :smile:! (Nevermind that I actually kinda like spiffying up the place for my friends to come over). They've just about wrapped up the Western storyline. Next time will probably be the denouement of that mission and the start of the next mission.

Beatrix, after her fifth online game session of the week: "All this social distancing is making me socialize a lot more than I'm used to." :clown:

Besides running her own D&D game, playing in her boyfriend's Curse of Strahd game, and playing in my Savage Worlds game, she's also playing in a third D&D game and a City of Mist game.

Trying to finish the text for Secrets of Dorastor, but every time I look at something it spawns something else. So, I am filling in encounter Tables and they are spawning new Personalities to fill some of the gaps. I am sure the Rumours and scenario Hooks will spawn even more.

Home for 4 days as well. I went to work, got screened out because of what is likely a common cold. Three of us ( including my supervisor) then went to the hospital for Covid testing. Enjoyed being in a room full of pleasant young nurses'; did not enjoy the swab they stuck deep into my nasal cavity. While I wait for lab results I am in self quarantine in my small apt and on vacation pay.

So last night made my first ever video call to play Rolemaster. We just used google hangout video chat and honor system for dice rolling. Gameplay was more Theatre of the Mind, given that the GM was still relying on paper maps and art, etc.

Anyhow, we spent 4 hours playing 10 rounds of a melee involving the 4 PCs, t0 associated NPCs and a Gang of 10 Ogres. We had good crits, and ogre limbs were flying everywhere. Great family fun. Afterwards, the party retreated to the woods to make camp, and the players agreed to play next week.*

* Everyone has time these days.

Despite semi-isolation, we just had a great game of HARP FANTASY using our paper character sheets with Skype and DungeonZ Dice Calculator.
The cumbersome scale of the ICE systems' dice rolls just faded into the background quite smoothly, and I think this format actually works better with ICE games because of this, As a player it seemed to run quite well.
Lots of fun had by all, and looking forward to next session! :thumbsup:

I'm putting my miniatures heavy Star Wars RPG on hold due to the pandemic, but looking into Roll20 and other options seriously now.

Also digging out my Battlefleet Gothic project from yesteryear.

She's actually a member of said cult. They had assumed she's an enemy of the cult, because she worked with the previous emperor. She was a mole of the cult, though:tongue:!
So, I'm now wondering how to spin that:shade:!
Welp, if she is devious... why not have her recruit them to do her bidding.

First session of Astounding Space Adventures for Supers! RED went well.

The Cast:

Reginald Whitaker, aka Reggie. A former steel worker, Reggie retired and took tech classes, unlocking his hyper intelligence. He uses various gadgets and flies around in a giant ship that resembles a recliner

Cretaceous Corp Agent 86: Hailing from an alternate Earth where dinosaurs evolved into a more humanoid form, Agent 86 was one of many chosen to wield a power ring made from a meteor that had crashed on his world, enabling the bearer to do wondrous things

Man-Spider. An alien arachnid, Man-Spider was bitten by a human. Human DNA mutated them, giving "him" a more humanoid form. Can project webbing that is somewhat acidic, and is also able to summon hordes of arachnids on worlds with such life

Solar Flare. Born of a meteor, this strange entity can turn into a being of pure solar energy. He also has various other abilities via cosmic mysticism

Our oddball heroes arrived on in the section of space called the Badlands, and followed a distress beacon to the planet Baraal. There they saved a farming plantation of the Qeefolari, an insect race from a Mazon raiding party. After a short fight with the raiding party (which saw Solar Flare teleport the Mazon commander back to Precipice, their stronghold in the badlands), they are mistaken for divine beings sent to save the farmers.

As the Qeefolari hosted a feast in honor the "gods" who saved them, they learn about a blight transforming the land from Old Bug, an ancient Qeefolari caretaker. They decided to investigate and try and stop the blight from corrupting more of the planet.

They come upon a neighboring plantation over run by the Blight. Solar Flare uses their wizardry to turn back time, and trace the source of the sickness. He sees what appears to be a meteor make a soft landing miles from where they are, and they head there in Reggie's Star Recliner. As they do, all save Solar Flare fall prey to a weird vertigo causing their perception to become warped. Man-Spider is able to break the vertigo when he's danger sense kicks in. Reggie and Agent 86 eventually overcome the vertigo, and they find themselves confronted by a large cloud of noxious gas surrounding the epicenter of the blight.

Reggie is able to whip up a device that detects some type of life form inside the cloud. Solar Flare teleports inside with Man-Spider, and find themselves confronted by an entity made of some kind of blackish fluid with what appear to be little stars inside it. They engage it as Reggie and Agent 86 fly through the cloud to join them.

In a pitched battle, the heroes initially had trouble with the creature. Man-Spiders webbing helped slow it down, but it proved immune to it's acidic qualities. Solar Flare used a gravity field to smash it on the ground. It would sometimes turn invisible or warp their perception to avoid attacks. It would lash out with pseudopods and strike at them. Solar Flare took a risk and moved at light speed at the creature, ripping a piece of it with one of the stars inside it from the main body. It shuddered in pain, and created a burst of radiation.

Agent 86 used his ring to create control rods that it forced inside the creatures liquid form. It retaliated by draining some of his and Solar Flare's will, causing mental stress to both heroes. Reggie fired his laser at it, causing it more pain.

Eventually Solar Flare took the piece of the creature it had torn from it, and infused it with an anti-radiation serum. He threw the piece back at the creature. The creature sloshed about before exploding into pieces, covering the heroes with bits of itself. One by one, the miniature stars that were part of it dimmed out, and the remains of the creature evaporated.

Working together, Solar Flare, Reggie and Agent 86 found a way to reverse the contamination caused by the creature. It would take time, but the damage would heal and reverse itself. Returning to the plantation with Old Bug, the heroes found that the workers had carved a statue of them out of some type of rock, and covered it with a golden sheen (which they learned was made from the Qeefolari's dung). They had saved the day, and caused the creation of a new religion among the Qeefolari.

Meanwhile, on Precipice, the commander of the Mazon strike team raged up at the stars, swearing revenge on those who had humiliated her......

There has to be someone else in the cult that she doesn't like or maybe even loathes.....
I was thinking the same! Namely, I'm looking for some NPC from the East...it would fit with other events that should happen in this time period!

Metahuman News
Last week we teased grappling martial arts with Krav. This week we go to ground with Gracie Barra Braziallian Jiu Jitsu. Full disclosure, originally, I wanted to do a full write up for Hokuto Shinken, from Fist of the North Star as an April Fools Day Joke. However, I ran out of time, so just add Specialty Head Explodey to your favorite style.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/HouseDokPro

Print: https://studio2publishing.com/products/metahumans-rising?_pos=2&_sid=145b3fa95&_ss=r\

PDF: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/277614/Metahumans-Rising

#Metahumans #MetahumansRising #Superheroes #RPG #MartialArts #BJJ

Our Strahd game is winding down, so my wife decided, after I told her about XCrawl to run a game with a similar theme. We aren't using XCrawl directly, because we don't like the surrounding setting, but we are using the whole "dungeons are made by people to be explored and its the modern world but with D&D races/magic and is a televised sport".

I got bored and decided to try to make a logo for the Professional Dungeon League. I had fun with it. (Keep in mind I am NOT an artist or a designer, just an amateur attempting to make something, I know it could be better).

Logo3Small.png

Metahuman News
We're done hugging it out. Now lets get our heart rate up with a kick to the head. It's time to talk kick boxing. Our style of choice? Muay Femur, is an analytical form of traditional Muay Thai and is great for characters that want to go beyond brawling but keep the feel of laying into their foes.
http://housedok.com/martial-arts-in-metahumans-rising-part…/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/HouseDokPro

Print: https://studio2publishing.com/products/metahumans-rising…\
PDF: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/produ…/277614/Metahumans-Rising
#Metahumans #MetahumansRising #Superheroes #RPG #MartialArts #kickboxing #MuayThai

Well I don't really know. They went online, I said no thanks, here's my character I will be back when we start playing around a table again.

From what I can tell it was(coming from what my son said):
DM who has all the time in the world to prep for the games, wasn't..Shocker!
DM actually commented to the group. "I didn't pay attention to your roleplaying this out with each other, I was playing with my cat. tee hee hee"
DM descriptions of what was going on was fantastically horrendous.
One of the players whined to the Dm so she throws the others under the bus because she knows it's not her.

Session Zero for my AD&D Spelljammer went... it went... well, it went. I dramatically underestimated how much of a project getting four people who'd never played AD&D before up-to-speed would be, and I dramatically underestimated how much AD&D I had forgotten in the twenty years since I'd actually run the game last.

On the other hand, we've got a good party-- Human Mage, Githyanki Gish, Giff Officer, Dwarf Crusader, Shadow Elf Nightblade-- 80% complete, and the homebrew Crystal Sphere we designed to replace the Radiant Triangle got a lot more interesting than anything I had planned.

Instead of my usual "two human empires that kinda don't like each other", they decided we were going to have a geocentric universe that the singular human empire is literally the center of... and the empire sends off prospecting parties and colonial settlers into the outer rings of planets to reduce population pressures and siphon an endless supply of resources back to the center and expand their proper cultural influence outwards, neither of which the existing residents of those worlds particularly care for.

At the same time, this is a cosmological feature of the universe... which is minorly Law-aligned at the center and becomes less Lawful and more Chaotic as you expand outwards-- at first protocol begins to break down, and then propriety, and then decorum, and then civics, and then sociology, and then psychology, and then biology, and then physics... the denizens of each layer are at once the greatest threat to their inner neighbors, and their only defense against the layers further out.

What nameless horrors are the illithids and the neogi protecting us from? Should we continue to tolerate their predations... or take our chances with the abominations that prey upon them?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back