What are y'all up to these days?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Since my kids tend to just reuse the same actions over and over again without thinking of what other abilities their PCs have or clever ways to use their powers, in today's TSR Marvel Super Heroes game I had the villains use tactics to get the better of the good guys. It was Ulik, Magneto, the Enchantress, Klaw, and Absorbing Man vs. Black Panther, Captain America, Loki (don't ask), and the Hulk.

I had to help them think of tricky ways to use their abilities instead of just "Captain America throws his shield at Klaw," "Black Panther hits the Enchantress," "Hulk hits Ulik," etc. A lot of it was my standard "Stop looking at your list of powers--look at the field and think what you would do if you were in Black Panther's shoes" speech.
Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg

Red Ted keeps the journal for Beatrix's 5e campaign, and whenever there's a combat, he just writes down "What a battle!" rather than any specific details. So for the write-up of my latest SWADE session, I could just write "HEPCATS Episode 21: What a battle!" :clown: I didn't expect the fight to take up the entire session, but it was a fun fight, so I'm okay with it. Also, we started late because a player got stuck in a work meeting, so if we'd played for the originally allotted time, we would have gotten a bit of non-combat in.

Speaking of Beatrix's game, it feels like we're getting relatively close to the end. We're not fighting the Big Bad yet (in fact, we've yet to figure out who He/She/It is), but we are fighting the Bigger-Than-Medium Bads. I think last night was episode 78 & I know she wants to end with episode 100.

And in Red Ted's Curse of Strahd game, we are exploring the Amber Temple.

HEPCATS Episode 21: Terror-Dactyls on the Wing
27 November, Rhino Year
Real-life date 3 September 2020, online
Present: Ayu, Baron von Braun, Zera

Ayu continues to waffle on whether or not she wants to be part of Team Diet Greg that will compete for the princess’s hand in marriage. Baron says he doesn’t want to get married, because he is immortal and “that’s a really long time.” Zera reiterates that getting married is not a big deal because “They just die anyway.” Ayu asks “But what if they don’t die?” No consensus is reached.

Ayu, Zera, and Baron, along with Jenny and Agent Shoe, take the Rapid Rocket Sled offered by King Longwang McGregor, which resembles an oversized 1950s Chevy convertible, and head out to visit their under-construction vacation palace.

En route a herd of 20 cyborg pterodactyls, AKA Terror-Dactyls, attack with laser eyes and cyborg strength! A man in pink crystal armor is being carried by one Terror-Dactyl. The man, Vallatrex, flips up so that he is riding the Terror-Dactyl. He says he only wants Ayu and the rest of them don’t have to die, but he continues to attack everyone anyway. Zera asks why he wants Ayu. Vallatrex responds that he is a bounty hunter and is “just doing his job.”

Some Terror-Dactyls begin to capture Ayu, but the team fights back with lassoes, sleeve blasters, metal-eating programmable robot bugs, warhammers, rainbow energy bursts, half-moon boomerangs, and hacking. Most of the Terror-Dactyls are quickly dispatched.

Vallatrex attacks with pink energy blasts and flips onto the sled to attack with a katana made of crystal, but Baron punches the katana out of his hand. The katana falls and impales the neck of a Terror-Dectyl. Zera flies down and frees the blade, decapitating that Terror-Dactyl and splattering blood on the underside of the sled.

Ayu hacks one Terror-Dactyl such that it will obey simple commands. The team’s attacks have caused pieces of Vallatrex’s armor to shatter, leaving his chest exposed, so Zera uses her newly acquired katana to stab him through the heart, leaving him just shy of dead.

Meanwhile, Baron jumps onto a Terror-Dactyl to attempt to drink its blood. Eventually the team realizes this means no one is driving! Agent Shoe manages to grab the wheel before the sled crashes.

With the fight over, Ayu realizes the hacked Terror-Dactyl will eventually be as obedient, loyal, and intelligent as a domesticated dog. Baron and Zera bicker about whether or not it’s appropriate for him to lick the splattered blood off the bottom of the sled. Jenny gets out her first aid kit and asks, “So, do you want me to stabilize this guy, or….?” The team reluctantly agrees that, yes, Jenny should stop Vallatrex from bleeding out.

To be continued...

XP: 4 (I was going to say 3, but 4 levels up all the PCs who were present), bringing totals to:

Zera: 73, Heroic, Levels up!
Ayu: 72, Heroic, Levels up!
Baron: 65, Heroic Levels up!
N0-5R: 61, Heroic.
Pierre Delecto: 35, Seasoned.
Sargoth Trio: 35, Seasoned.

Wren, off in the Fairy Realm: 40, Veteran.
Kurt Warlock, semi-retired: 32, Seasoned.

Last edited:
Does anyone know of a Doctor Who OSR RPG. I would have sworn I'd seen something like that but Google has failed me.

I have that one, and the FASA one, I thought I'd seen an OSR version. I'm starting to think i was mistaken.

The pub sparkled my curiosity with super heroes comics, and I'm thinking if I should read Superworld.
Recommend me super hero rpg systems. I prefer BRP family, but I'm open minded.

The pub sparkled my curiosity with super heroes comics, and I'm thinking if I should read Superworld.
What level of superheroes do you prefer? And how much does play need to match a comic?
Any limitations we should know of about systems you don't like?

What level of superheroes do you prefer? And how much does play need to match a comic?
Any limitations we should know of about systems you don't like?
I'm usually not a fan of D&D related, and I don't like anything PBTA like or narrative focused. But if It's simple D&D I can get around it, I'm thinking more about silver age, but I do like gray morality just not delving deep into it. And I am aiming for something like 1 issue = 1 session, simple and fast but that allows customization without being too narrative.

I consider BRP medium crunch, and It's usually the most complexity I go. B/X It's the minimum simplicity for me to be able to like the system.

Hope it makes sense. :hehe:

Agony and Ecstasy in the Mythras line is pretty good. it's an adventure, and the superhero rules are in the back. they are not completely, but good enough for a good number of things. Destiny, a new release, should be out here in a bit, and has the same rules expanded.

Agony and Ecstasy in the Mythras line is pretty good. it's an adventure, and the superhero rules are in the back. they are not completely, but good enough for a good number of things. Destiny, a new release, should be out here in a bit, and has the same rules expanded.
Ty I will take a look.

You could do a lot worse than Superworld. I know it's available in PDF from Chaosium if you're into PDFs. Although Superworld works fine by itself, I'd suggest picking up A Companion to Superworld while you're at it (also available in PDF) as it adds some fun new powers and collects some articles and new rules Chaosium published elsewhere (magazines and such if I remember right). The % system is intuitive and if you already know BRP you can jump right in once you read over any superpowers you might be using.

If you are really wedded to using the Chaosium system, Superworld is a competant "Champions-Lite" in the way M&M is fine for players that don't want to stray very far from the Dungeos & Dragons system, but if you want a game that was really written to emulate comicbook universes then I'd say Mayfair's DC Heroes and TSR's Marvel Superheroes are the gold standards. Superworld doesn't really manage the brilliance of Pendragon or Call of Cthulhu in reworking the Chaosium system, it just sort of "adds effect-based powers" (and Appearance becomes your dump stat).

I mentioned Superworld first, because of the familiarity. I will take a look and search for reviews for everything before making a move. Thanks a lot guys!

You could do a lot worse than Superworld. I know it's available in PDF from Chaosium if you're into PDFs. Although Superworld works fine by itself, I'd suggest picking up A Companion to Superworld while you're at it (also available in PDF) as it adds some fun new powers and collects some articles and new rules Chaosium published elsewhere (magazines and such if I remember right). The % system is intuitive and if you already know BRP you can jump right in once you read over any superpowers you might be using.
Beautiful collection.

IS that TWO copies of Superworld? On your shelf? :grin:
Yes. Also two copies of the companion and several issues of Different Worlds that had Superworld content! To me Superworld is very similar to Champions but more intuitive due to % rolls rather than roll-under-11-on-3d6 and not using fractions added up and multiplied when pricing powers.

(If they're not too expensive, I try to snag spare copies of games that see a lot of use so I don't have to watch them get destroyed by players. I have duplicates of Superworld, all three editions of DC Heroes, Heroes of Olympus, Star Wars, James Bond 007, and a few others. Some are because someone gave me a game as a gift when I already had it, like Gangbusters my friend gave me for my birthday this year so now I have two copies.)

(Edit: plus if I see a game I like at a ridiculously low price I often can't resist grabbing it...I now have several extra copies of James Bond 007 and Batman that I found for $2.00 or so at various garage sales and thrift stores and used book shops. I figure I can pass them around the table or give them to friends who seem interested.)

Last edited:
Continue to play on Facebook video chat. the week before last, one of our players lost his brother, so we didn't play our usual Wednesday afternoon game, run by C.J. or the Thursday afternoon game that I run.

We did play an ad-hoc Glory Road Roleplay game on Saturday late afternoon. C.J, a new player and the other guy who lives in this house played and I ran a short adventure. They went from the Isolated Hills into the Westwood in the Black Mountain District. This was going to be a one-shot but we are playing again Sunday afternoon, with room for one or two more players, and will run weekly or every other week after that.

C.J. ran his Wednesday game this week. We wrapped up the all-Hobbit campaign and Blossom Puckett is now the High Sherrif. We are going into a street gang campaign. Our gang is multi-species, the only such gang in town. My new character is Slinky Serano, a human thug with delusions of stealth and subtlety.

The Thursday night game is wrapping up. The characters killed a dragon and the local Duke is grateful. He seems to have never heard of the Wu Emperor, so they can settle in his territory without fearing pursuit from the east.

Animal Powered 1: Alligator #MetahumansRising Web Enhancement

A is for alligator, check out our jaw locking, death rolling, leather skinned build for some brutal fun.

Our alligator image in this post is Reptilla. An antagonist from the Metahumans Rising timeline. While we weren't able to include the full timeline in the core book, it's something we hope to add through our Patreon.

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Metahumans

Twitter: https://twitter.com/HouseDokPro

Print: https://studio2publishing.com/products/metahumans-rising?_pos=2&_sid=145b3fa95&_ss=r\

PDF: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/277614/Metahumans-Rising

#Metahumans #Superheroes #RPG #TTRPG #Animal #CreaturePowers

Returning to the Basic Fantasy game, the PCs were quickly introduced to the new replacement PC, a human psion who is a friend of the mutant they rescued last time, who agrees to help his friend and his friend's newfound compatriots. They make their way into the underground city, bypassing guards and patrols along the way. The city is a mixture of ancient technology, jury-rigged repairs, and some more medieval-styled architecture acting as structural support. The residents are primarily Drow, although there are a few humans, humanoid mutants, and a sprinkling of other races present, as well. The stray thoughts that the psion picks up from some of the residents don't come off as actively malicious, but rather frightened and more than a little desperate. He also learns that the 'special ops' team sent to the sister-world is regarded as a last, possible hope for the continued survival of the city and its residents.

They eventually get to where they can negotiate a bit more directly with some of the Drow and learn more directly what the situation is. The city is in danger of collapse due to a nest of umber hulks underneath the city. The Drow adventuring party was sent to the PCs world to acquire the Lyre Of Building to help counteract the structural damage done by the tunneling of the umber hulks by The Voice, the mysterious entity that took in the Drow and other survivors after the Illithid civil war, and has helped to keep the makeshift society function in the underground city. The PCs eventually come to realize that The Voice is an AI from the time of the super-technology that once graced this world, albeit a computerized knowledge that is now fragmented and decaying due to time and unrepaired damage.

The party agrees to help, using their magic to track down where the umber hulks are nesting. Along with a few Drow warriors, they wipe out the nest, and agree to let the Drow keep the Lyre, to help repair and reinforce the infrastructure of the underground city. They also agree to rest up and spend some time in the city before leaving, sharing knowledge of their world while learning of this new one.

(so that's my take on the Drow - not intrinsically evil, but more that a little paranoid and crazy because they've been overseen and shepherded by what is essentially the Computer from Paranoia, or at least a relatively benevolent version thereof)

My personal favorite is cleaning up projectile vomit midway through a multi hour road trip.
When its hot. And dusty.
I've not had to deal with that personally, but I know plenty of folks who have. My condolences...

Potty training was pretty easy for our kids, especially the younger who just sort of started doing what her older sister did.

We still get to deal with the odd messes from various orifices at inconvenient times...

I've not had to deal with that personally, but I know plenty of folks who have. My condolences...

Potty training was pretty easy for our kids, especially the younger who just sort of started doing what her older sister did.

We still get to deal with the odd messes from various orifices at inconvenient times...
Our third child was essentially Potty trained by our second. That was crazy. Awesome crazy but you don't expect bro come down and see the second child wiping the thirds butt and letting you know he just popped for the first time in the potty.

My personal favorite is cleaning up projectile vomit midway through a multi hour road trip.
When its hot. And dusty.
Coming back from Indonesia this January I got projectile vomited in my face by the #2 spawn on the plane about an hour out of Gatwick. I was standing next to the seat and holding him to let my wife out, so it also went all over the floor and several neighbouring passengers. The flight attendants didn't want a bar of it as they were busy prepping for the approach. That was fun.

Coming back from Indonesia this January I got projectile vomited in my face by the #2 spawn on the plane about an hour out of Gatwick. I was standing next to the seat and holding him to let my wife out, so it also went all over the floor and several neighbouring passengers. The flight attendants didn't want a bar of it as they were busy prepping for the approach. That was fun.
The joys of air travel with kids...

Only half my group can make it for tomorrow's adventure. I generally keep my plans pretty loose for just this sort of situation, but I'm still going to need to adjust a few things.

C.J.s new Wednesday game ran and Slinky Serano and his companions fought some goblins from a rival gang and took their stuff, which is some pretty good stuff. We are members of the only multi-species gang in town. Our Mage is an ogre, so everyone thinks one of the little guys might be a mage until the ogre wastes them. Slinky, me, is what I guess D & D would call a rogue. He's an urban ranger. Our third character is a goblin who was kicked out of the gang we just fought. He loved that.
We decided to give our superior in the gang a really good deal on a few of the things we found, hoping that he would not suspect us of holding out. He had a couple of guys follow us, so we may not be in the clear.

The Thursday night game wrapped up and we are creating characters in the huge city of Old Meos, near the river harbor.

We won't be playing Sunday because they pay C.J. to write novels and he's behind.

All of our games run on Facebook video messenger. Anyone interested in playing, PM me.

The relief of having no commission deadlines right now - just my Patreon work (turned in my latest WotC contract this evening). Which means a few weeks primarily spent on....

Gaming!

Monday Nights is a group that primarily plays Advanced Labyrinth Lord / B/X+++ as the baseline game going through classic AD&D modules and some stuff from Dungeon magazine nicely chopped together by the main DM. But we also rotate DMs for shorter games and play a variety of stuff. We playtest whatever Andy or James has been working on, we play short games of other RPGs... In the last month we playetested Cozmic Metal Heads (a Troika! hack), played a ridiculous game of Fiasco meets Cthulhu, and are now settling into a run of My Life With Master.

Tuesdays I run a B/X game that's about to start a new campaign in a mashup of my last "City of the Gods" campaign (no relation to the Blackmoor adventure module) and Numenera where instead of ancient technology, everything is bits of dead gods.

Thursdays is Neoclassical Geek Revival in a pseudo-Sumerian pastiche. We're currently trying to escape this world, hunting for portals off this damned planet. Last session we climbed the highest peak in the known world, killed two Roc chicks, accidentally hatched a third, and would have been eviscerated by the Roc itself but I conjured up a miracle using one of its feathers so it was lost and unable to find any landmarks it could recognize... so when the chicks called for mom to help them, she couldn't find us or its nest. I expect that for the next while EVERY wandering monster table in the setting will include "Roc, pissed off & completely lost." The upside is this is a campaign setting being played in by two different groups - so that Roc is likely to hassle them too. :smile:

Fridays we are in Tekumel in our 5+ year game of Empire of the Petal Throne. We are currently in an ancient Noqsai ruined temple site where we rescued the daughter of the previous governor of the Tsolyani colony of Linyaro (one of the party is the current governor). As is typical of this particular NPC, she IMMEDIATELY took over her own rescue operation a la Princess Leia.

Every second Sunday we play Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1e with the goal of playing the whole "Enemy Within" campaign. We started in the early summer... of 2018. We are starting "Something Rotten in Kislev" now and I expect we'll be finishing off the campaign in late 2021 or early 2022. My session reports for the campaign are now 98 pages long.

I expect that for the next while EVERY wandering monster table in the setting will include "Roc, pissed off & completely lost." The upside is this is a campaign setting being played in by two different groups - so that Roc is likely to hassle them too. :smile:
It's nice to know you're always looking for the upside:grin:!

I expect that for the next while EVERY wandering monster table in the setting will include "Roc, pissed off & completely lost." The upside is this is a campaign setting being played in by two different groups - so that Roc is likely to hassle them too.
Hilarious! Love it.

My kids prevailed upon me to referee a new Star Wars campaign with all-new PCs: Failed Jedi Han Arshoka and Smuggler George (no last name). We're starting on a shady backwater world in a very Mos Eisley Cantina-like place called Rick's Café and using superhero Heroclix and a toy Millennium Falcon to represent George's freighter...

Last edited:
So Han and George met up with arms merchant Beebub Tinoco on the planet Rubar and struck a deal to pick up contraband weapons on the planet Loko and collect 10,000 credits up front, with another 10,000 credits to come when they deliver the merchandise to a 3rd party (the Rebel Alliance, but the kids don't know it yet) on Delphine. Beebub leaves ahead of them by the back door of the café and tells them to wait a few minutes before they leave by the front door so they won't be seen together on the street.

However, just when Han and George get up to mosey toward the front, a commanding woman with three companions appears atop the stairs and points at the two and gestures for her men to apprehend them. George splits for the back door by one route and Han goes another route. Their pursuers open fire. I didn't have time to look up the rules for reflecting blaster fire with a light saber, so I winged it. Anyway, Han deflected a shot into the crowd of patrons and thought "being a Jedi" would impress the bad guys, but if anything it made the mysterious and apparently unarmed man at the back of the group more interested in them as they heard him make a remark about informing Lord Vader about this. Long story short, three of the four bad guys chased after our heroes and a firefight broke out in the café, pissing off Rick as well as the other customers. The mystery man lingered at the front door, however, and didn't follow down the stairs into the café.

Han and George made it outside where they saw the mystery man peering around the corner of the building watching them, but since he made no hostile moves they just continued running toward the hangar where their freighter was parked. En route, they were accosted by a defective droid operating a fruit stand, who just kept repeating increasingly glitchy variations on "Hi! I'm RG-36. Would you like to buy some fresh fruit?"
Webp.net-resizeimage (5).jpg
As they entered the hangar, the mystery man was similarly accosted by the defective droid but they didn't see how he responded, although they did hear a small explosion and the fading sounds of RG-36's sales spiel. Meanwhile the other pursuers just made it out of the café in time to see Han and George enter the hangar.

Han and George rushed up the ramp to their ship, while the mystery man spoke to a droid working there and pointed at the freighter. George fired up the engines and entered Beebub's coordinates for Loko into the computer while Han went to the gunnery station. As they took off, the trio of pursuers entered and started uselessly firing at the departing freighter. Han popped off a shot and took out a chunk of hangar wall, causing debris and dust to knock the bad guys back as he and George made their getaway. (They haven't named their ship yet.)
Fast forward to six days later following a successful astrogation roll and they arrive in the Loko System only to find an Imperial customs frigate in orbit of Loko and be informed that the planet is under Imperial quarantine due to suspected illegal arms trading.
Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg
Rather than fight or run (despite my son's initial impulse to attack--I had to explain their ship had maybe a 5% chance of victory), Han and George agreed to land at coordinates provided by the frigate and be inspected by a planetside customs team. They figured they have no contraband aboard (yet), so they might as well cooperate.
Webp.net-resizeimage (4).jpg
We left off after the Imperials inspected the ship and found nothing suspicious (and repeatedly insulted the freighter and called it a piece of junk, etc.) We agreed we'd play again tomorrow if they wanted to continue into the city and meet their connection and see what happens next. I let them stay up late so we could get to a good stopping point.

(I was making this all up on the fly since we started playing about 30 minutes after they asked, and it took about that long to make up new characters and explain the basics of the rules and how to read die codes and count pips, so I have no idea what's going to happen next, who the mystery man really was, or why they were chased immediately after Beebub Tinoco exited the café. I only started drawing the first map once my daughter decided to be a Smuggler and I told them to figure out why they are working together while I cobbled together a starting point.)

Steel Aces 4: Dangerous Thoughts
Enter John Barrister.

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Metahumans

Twitter: https://twitter.com/HouseDokPro

Print: https://studio2publishing.com/products/metahumans-rising?_pos=2&_sid=145b3fa95&_ss=r\

PDF: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/277614/Metahumans-Rising

#Metahumans #Superheroes #RPG #TTRPG #Comic #SteelAces

Picking up from last night, George flew The Hunter (my daughter finally named the freighter) into the Loko spaceport, where George and Han balked at the docking fees (50 credits a day) until it was made clear that a droid would perform routine maintenance on the ship and the spaceport personnel would secure it while they went about their business in town. (I also explained how any business has overhead and has to get paid or they wouldn't be able to keep operating and they got it.)
They went into town looking for their contact Rondel and ran into a protocol droid working for the Visitors Bureau, who directed then to Rondel's Warehouse.
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
At Rondel's they came to a door with a Judas window, where they were initially greeted with suspicion until they finally provided proper answers regarding who they were and what they wanted. Rondel decided she believed they were sent by Beebub Tinoco and let them in. Inside, they were led to a pallet of crates (represented by brown rice) and sworn to secrecy should they be caught with the contraband "ionized weapons."

An employee of Rondel loaded a repulsorlift and began driving the pallet to the spaceport, but then George, Han, and the warehouseman were accosted by some toughs representing a local gang (rather Mafioso-like) who wanted to know what was in the crates and wanted a % on any deal. One of them was a glitchy old assassin droid (these are frontier worlds with mostly junk--things will get more difficult once the kids have a better handle on how hard a fight something will be). Han and George refused to divulge or pay anything, so a short fight ensued.
Han deflected a couple of blaster shots (he decided a Jedi should only fight defensively) and my daughter rolled really well for George while I rolled really badly for the other side, so George incapacitated two of the toughs and the blotchy assassin droid fled after the commotion brought spaceport authorities out to investigate.

The warehouseman also fled, so George drove the repulsorlift into the spaceport and they loaded the crates aboard The Hunter. Spaceport staff inquired about documents for the cargo, but George and Han told conflicting lies without getting a story straight in advance and another fight broke out when spaceport staff said they were going to call in Imperial Customs.
George and Han blasted their way out and took off immediately.
Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg
However, once they left the planet they were challenged by the Imperial Customs frigate patrolling the system. This time they immediately fled, causing them to be pursued by a TIE fighter that started trying to blast them while George entered new coordinates for their next stop at Delphine to deliver their cargo. Han operated the gun and was able to cripple the TIE fighter, but not before The Hunter sustained heavy damage. A second TIE began to chase them, but then they made the jump to hyperspace and got away.
Webp.net-resizeimage (4).jpg

They limped into the Delphine System 6 days later, badly in need of repairs as well as more consumables for their freighter as they'd already used 12 days' worth while travelling from Rubar to Loko and from Loko to Delphine. A flight of X-wings hidden among an asteroid field surprised them, but they were able to convince the pilot of lead X-wing Crimson-1 that they were transporting the expected cargo of ionized weapons, so the X-wings escorted them down to the planet.
Webp.net-resizeimage (6).jpg
George was still suspicious that the X-wings could be an Imperial trick but Han convinced George that the Imperials wouldn't have any reason to try that out here in the middle of nowhere.

Delphine turned out to be a jungle planet and there was a Rebel base concealed in the side of a mountain range barely above the tree level. Unfortunately the narrow slot was hard to pilot through with an already-damaged freighter and George scraped the starboard side of The Hunter against the entrance, causing additional damage.
Webp.net-resizeimage (10).jpg

Inside the Rebel base, George and Han were met by Rebel leader Tokara and her lieutenant Jimbob. They delivered their cargo and received the promised 10,000 credits.
Webp.net-resizeimage (7).jpg
They also asked for help repairing and resupplying The Hunter. Tokara agreed, but advised she couldn't do it for free as they have costs and need all their resources to combat the Empire. George and Han agreed to pay for parts and were shown to guest quarters where they can stay for the three or so days it will take to repair all the damage.

Tokara and Jimbob felt out George and Han to see how sympathetic they were to the Rebel cause; once satisfied she told them how they had come to Delphine believing it to be uninhabited by intelligent life, but lately they have been hearing drumbeats in the jungle at night. George and Han agreed to go with Jimbob to investigate.
Webp.net-resizeimage (8).jpg
They took a speeder down to the jungle and found the source of the drumbeats due to a burning fire in a clearing. They sneakily surveyed a small village of wooden huts and fuzzy little mammals chattering around a campfire as they cooked meat and fed their pets.
Webp.net-resizeimage (9).jpg
George approached the creatures and they soon realized they could communicate with small words. The natives of Delphine turned out to be friendly but utterly ignorant of the galactic conflict between the Empire and Rebel Alliance. George traded his heavy blaster pistol for two of the pet animals, called chim-chums, and they departed the village in peace.

The trio returned to the Rebel base to inform Tokara of what they had learned. George was able to buy a replacement heavy blaster pistol from the Rebel armory, and Han was able to buy a beat-up old R2 unit (R2-D9) that he was offered after expressing interest. (My son foresees it coming in handy for repairs as well as infiltration of Imperial bases.)

Tokara asked them if they would perform a service for the Rebel Alliance in exchange for resupply of their ship and help with upgrades. George and Han agreed and we ended there and agreed to pick up again "three days later" when their ship's repairs were done, which is good because I have no clue want mission Tokara wants them to complete.

Last edited:
Also, my son kept asking what color the R2 unit is and can they give it a paint job? I said it doesn't really matter at this point, so he requested it be orange but "not mostly orange." We looked at some online images of orange R2 units and he decided this is what R2-D9 looks like:
db2zh2p-387f6a16-ec5b-46b3-b261-28531870f40c~2.png
(I mainly gave them the opportunity to acquire a droid because with only 2 PCs they are very limited as far as useful skill sets go. An R2 unit will help them with repairs and other technical things that neither George nor Han are very good at.)

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back