What are y'all up to these days?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Princess Bluela, judging the songwriting competition: "Team Dragonbois, I'm impressed that you stopped trying to kill each other long enough to come up with a sick beat in the Planet Kelsey Krunk style. Quite impressive.

... The problem is your lyrics. 'Shake that ass, shake it hard, shake it like a bodyguard'? Tasha has been my bodyguard for my entire life and I've never once seen her shake it."

Tasha, muttering under her breath: "I've been on duty your entire life. I never get a chance to shake it."
I smell incoming binging on...something:devil:!

Cons
  • The Pantheon Pool is never used. They seem really reluctant to touch it. This does keep them from replenishing it through roleplaying their curses.
  • Speaking of curses. . .one player has an addiction to being around humans and he can just not make it happen. As a result he is loaded up with conditions of loneliness and regret. He is struggling to find a reason to involve humans in every scene (I will suggest he take on a new curse).
  • As mentioned in the other post, for being gods they are very risk adverse, but that's just them and not due to a game mechanic.

I can see cases where there's some bad, bad social dynamics around the Pantheon Pool. That's been one reason my two groups have been hesitant toe engage with it.

Just realized I forgot to comment on last Saturday's gaming.

In a reversal of the previous two weeks, didn't do any gaming with the adult group as mother & son both begged off due to illness (sinus crud, not Covid). Did finally get back to running BF for the teens. They managed to defeat the demon that had caused problems, although the temple had become so desecrated and corrupted that it was decided that it was better off destroyed, and creating a new temple nearby. The local priest, no longer possessed, no longer felt worthy of leading a congregation, and decided to walk the land in hopes of achieving penance. The PC cleric vowed to build a new temple for the village, and to lead their congregation.

Meanwhile, the group also reached an understanding(?) with the fey, that the fair folk would not harass the humans of the village, as long as they did not venture too deep within the woods. The PC ranger/druid decided this would be a good area to set up a grove, to both serve the local villagers who follow that faith, to make sure the fey keep to their bargain, and to help protect against other threats from the forest.

Last edited:
Been away from here for a while (having gone in a mild sulk a couple of years ago), but I’m back. Ran my first ever game of WFRP tonight, and the combination of grit and humour really works for me.

Other things in 2021 so far have been running 1:1 Night’s Black Agents, an Out of the Ashes campaign (my current Kickstarter), and playing Delta Green and D&D 5e Curse of Strahd. It’s a busy lockdown.

So wazzup everyone?

Been away from here for a while (having gone in a mild sulk a couple of years ago), but I’m back. Ran my first ever game of WFRP tonight, and the combination of grit and humour really works for me.

Other things in 2021 so far have been running 1:1 Night’s Black Agents, an Out of the Ashes campaign (my current Kickstarter), and playing Delta Green and D&D 5e Curse of Strahd. It’s a busy lockdown.

So wazzup everyone?
You may not have noticed but for most of us today is pretty much the same as yesterday going on just about a year now. The movie Groundhogs day I get Bill Murray's character position more.
How's it been with you?

So wazzup everyone?

Welcome back. Great line-up of games!

What edition of WFRP? Published adventure or original?

I've stopped playing. I'd rather play a video game than play a table game online. Last time I rolled dice was on Labour Day weekend..which was a special one off to finish an arc we were riding In March. Glorious session. And a TPK too.

It is good to go out with your boots on. See you all in 2022.

I've stopped playing. I'd rather play a video game than play a table game online. Last time I rolled dice was on Labour Day weekend..which was a special one off to finish an arc we were riding In March. Glorious session. And a TPK too.

It is good to go out with your boots on. See you all in 2022.
I'm sorry to hear that.

I can see cases where there's some bad, bad social dynamics around the Pantheon Pool. That's been one reason my two groups have been hesitant toe engage with it.
Them not using it has only impacted the game in that they are less likely to play some of their curses. But so there are so many other roleplaying opportunities that I am not missing them develop each curse (each player has three). One is their domain and roleplaying being an embodiment of the wind or cats, and the other is their human lives (being an artist or a petty criminal).

At this point I've stopped reminding them the Pantheon Pool is even an option. They do pick up extra dice when they are in specific places that are significant to their domain (like the God of the Written Word in a library), and the party picked up on that pretty quick. I think they feel less guilty doing that than burning through some community pot of dice.

After nearly a year of no GMing, and around 8 months of not enjoying being a player in some campaigns, I'm going to be kicking off a campaign this month.

There'd been a 5 week lull in gaming - and just general conversation - so I threw a proposal out there and got some player buy-in. I wasn't expecting it, considering how distracted gamers in my group have been lately. So, it was a pleasant surprise to get some immediate responses and interest.

It's going to be a real joy to return to the World of Xoth and break out MRQii/Legend for some sword & sorcery adventures.

Them not using it has only impacted the game in that they are less likely to play some of their curses. But so there are so many other roleplaying opportunities that I am not missing them develop each curse (each player has three). One is their domain and roleplaying being an embodiment of the wind or cats, and the other is their human lives (being an artist or a petty criminal).

At this point I've stopped reminding them the Pantheon Pool is even an option. They do pick up extra dice when they are in specific places that are significant to their domain (like the God of the Written Word in a library), and the party picked up on that pretty quick. I think they feel less guilty doing that than burning through some community pot of dice.

That'd be part of the mix here; people overusing the pool, people thinking other people were overusing the pool (both true and false) and people resisting using the pool because of fear of overusing it or at least other people thinking they were.

Its one of those mechanics that probably works excellently with a group with more cohesion and less internal stressors than ours.

the current arc ended last night. I altered the final battle a touch, but in a fun way. now the next stage will be tweaking characters, spending skills talking about where they want to go. A new session 0, as it were. I intend on stripping them of some money and putting them on a ship to the south to establish a trade route, but also to meet older and darker gods, serpent man sorcerers, and others.

You may not have noticed but for most of us today is pretty much the same as yesterday going on just about a year now. The movie Groundhogs day I get Bill Murray's character position more.
How's it been with you?

Yeah, each month Google maps tries to show me everywhere I've been, and I started laughing hysterically.

Welcome back. Great line-up of games!

What edition of WFRP? Published adventure or original?

I'm running 4e. It's a bit clunky, but the Foundry means it's fairly smooth. The set-up is the player characters being new recruits (volountary is otherwise) to the Ubersreik town watch. I'm basing it very loosely on the Starter Set, but going out of the way to put my own spin on it, making it more of a local sandbox. Two characters nearly died rescuing children from a fire, they got worried about stories of mutants, and ghosts messing with people's bottoms (a mildly out of context quote from one player character), and stole money from the watch sergeant after he stole the credit for their actions and pocketed a financial reward. The next session is already going to be interesting.

Steel Aces 14: Hanging On The Telephone
It's time to bring everyone together.

housedok.com/comic/playing-jacks-page-14/

Enjoying the Steel Aces, the Metahumans Rising RPG, or any of the other House Dok productions? Help support our independent creators through Patreon: patreon.com/Metahumans

Twitter: twitter.com/HouseDokPro

Print: studio2publishing.com/products/metahumans-rising?_pos=2&_sid=145b3fa95&_ss=r

PDF: drivethrurpg.com/product/277614/Metahumans-Rising

#Metahumans #Superheroes #RPG #TTRPG #Comic #SteelAces

The first half of yesterday's afternoon BF game had some downtime as the cleric was dealing with his new temple being built (which took a few months) as well as new followers that showed up as a result. The druid/ranger isn't quite high enough level to attract followers, but is close enough that that we played a bit with some of the locals showing interest in his teachings. The M-U has moved in temporarily with the blind seer, even as she has been researching and searching out rumors about a local abandoned tower in the nearby woods. The other three PCs have invested into supporting and becoming minority owners in the local inn - which had seen better days - both as a place they can stay at, and also a useful means of gathering information about what is going on in the local area. They interacted with and learned a bit more about the locals of Oakhurst, before heading on the adventure to explore the aforementioned abandoned tower in the latter half of the session.

Later that evening with the adult group we played a DCC one-shot. We created 3rd-level characters, all human, all drawn to a centuries-old ghost-filled manse in the moors. We learned that we were the reincarnated souls of several members of the outlawed. cursed family, and eventually worked our way to confronting the demon that one of the family had made a pact with, an agreement whose repercussions were long delayed, but finally coming due. Two of our four died in the final battle, but I was once again able to utter my battle-cry of "At least my character didn't die this time!" at the end of the night.

Barring any delays, we should be able to start the Witchcraft campaign next week.

Finally got around to setting up pihole on my network.

I'm getting more and more into FKR-style games. At this point I'm not sure whether I've even got a system, other than for the benefit of my players who feel better that way...:grin:
Though I still find systems fun. Go figure:shade:!

Anyway, I'm now experimenting with stuff that's not dice for task resolution. Last night I used an implement which I'm not going to mention, because this board is mostly PG-13...but the point is, it worked just fine and was easily integrated in the game:tongue:!
Well, as some people mentioned lately, my games aren't exactly typical!

Finally wrapped up the "Contest to Marry the Blue Space Princess" storyline, which is good because I was ready for it to be over. The team spent more game sessions on this than they did any of their actual missions, haha.

I'll do a full write-up later; short version: Zera, Pierre, Kurt, Ayu, and their spaceship, GREG are now collectively married to Princess Bluela. The HEPCATS HR department is going to have a hell of a time doing that spousal-benefits paperwork!

One of the hidden benefits of a decent sized schnoz is that I can look over the top of just about any pair of glasses. Also, yes, bifocals are coming, much like winter.

I'm running 4e. It's a bit clunky, but the Foundry means it's fairly smooth. The set-up is the player characters being new recruits (volountary is otherwise) to the Ubersreik town watch. I'm basing it very loosely on the Starter Set, but going out of the way to put my own spin on it, making it more of a local sandbox. Two characters nearly died rescuing children from a fire, they got worried about stories of mutants, and ghosts messing with people's bottoms (a mildly out of context quote from one player character), and stole money from the watch sergeant after he stole the credit for their actions and pocketed a financial reward. The next session is already going to be interesting.
This is pretty much where I was going with my family WFRPG game. We started with If Looks Could Kill and then I used Night of Blood as a stopping point on our way to Ubersreik. I was looking to use the starter set adventures with some less railroady setups, and my players were actually leaning perfectly into that. One character had changed careers to a soldier and so was hoping to find some official job in Ubersreik, which would've been a good hook into the Watch questlines. Other characters included a merchant type and a beggar with a long term ambition to move up into the nobility, so lots of opportunities to work into the intrigue of the city there. And the whole party had a grudge with a particular dwarf which could've hooked nicely into some dealings with Barlin Silverbeard and his gang.
Unfortunately, while everyone was enjoying the setting and their characters and the spirit of the game, the actual rules were just not fun for us. Credit to the Foundry for making it manageable at all, but cycling through a dozen participants of adjusting advantage up and down just didn't make for fun combat, and we never got used to the number of skills enough to easily assign a particular roll to an action without it disrupting gameplay.
Fortunately it was an entertaining enough introduction to role playing that everyone is on board for trying another game, so I'm preparing for next weekend.

So wazzup everyone?
Welcome! And if I may say so your roleplaying skills in the recent Delta Green are inspired!

Hey, good to see you here Ronnie. And thanks for the compliment. I really enjoyed playing with you!
Thanks I am hoping Richard might run more Delta Green games that I can get into. And I’m planning to run Viscid for one of my groups. What I love about Delta Green is there is a backdrop of conspiracy on so many of the scenarios.

Need to check the Savage Tales from the Slipstream book and Flash Gordon books to see if there's something useable for my next Savage Worlds session. The only things set in stone thus far are that the PCs are on a spaceship, headed to a planet where they intend to confront a guy who tried to kidnap one of their friends. So plenty of room to add more stuff.

In Part Time Gods, a key player is not able to play again until this summer. The remaining gods have gone off on their own and it's like running 4 separate games, so I think we switch to another game and pick it back up when the God of Wind returns this summer.

Switching to Alien from Free League. The players will be a crew of a Weyland-Yutani Scientific Scout ship traveling to frontier planets that were briefly surveyed 70+ years ago to 1. check anomalies from the original survey, 2. obtain more extensive survey reports and samples, and 3. replace fusion cell power cores to communication relay stations along the way. You know, purely routine stuff. Just tying up loose ends from outdated reports. Absolutely no chance whatsoever of any dangerous xenomorph interactions at all. Seriously, guys, none. I'm just using the Alien rules because they have cool stress rules and are fairly simple. Honest. :hehe:

4xyglq.jpg

Love the Alien game. I ran a few sessions for my group at the start of the pandemic, with the intention of kind of segueing into a longer campaign with the surviving characters. That didn’t happen, but I may go back to it at some point.

Love the Alien game. I ran a few sessions for my group at the start of the pandemic, with the intention of kind of segueing into a longer campaign with the surviving characters. That didn’t happen, but I may go back to it at some point.
I never played the cinematic mode, so this is my first foray into it with the campaign mode.

Adventure Seed: A Valentine in Red & Black
Love is in the air, and that's a power some hope to capitalize on. The mysterious Queen in Red is siphoning the very love from the world to reshape reality, and pull a soul back from the abyss.

Enjoying our content and want to support independent independent RPGs and Comics? Join our Patreon at: https://www.patreon.com/Metahumans
($2 a month unlocks all our content, including a ton of extras such as expanded adventures, and comic videos.)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/HouseDokPro

Print: https://studio2publishing.com/products/metahumans-rising?_pos=2&_sid=145b3fa95&_ss=r\

PDF: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/277614/Metahumans-Rising

#Metahumans #MetahumansRising #Superheroes #RPG #TTRPG #Politics #Valentines #Occult

Didn't run Basic Fantasy yesterday, as some of the teens were doing Valentine Day's stuff yesterday. The adult group, being the sad sacks that we are*, did kick off the Witchcraft game last night. A decent chuck of it was 'getting the band together', so to speak, as the solitaire Gifted magician who can remember multiple past lives (my character), a cat that can turn into a human for short periods of time, a funeral home worker who is also a necromancer, and a corporate executive who is really good with guns who apparently hunts down Weird Shit as a hobby all wound up crossing paths investigating some particularly nasty child murders. We ended the night after a pretty nasty fight with some spooky Men In Black types, with several clues but not a lot of answers yet regarding the murders.

*The group's one married guy and his wife's plans for today, we are told, is apparently very low-key and involve ordering takeout and not bothering going out at all.

the solitaire Gifted magician who can remember multiple past lives (my character), a cat that can turn into a human for short periods of time, a funeral home worker who is also a necromancer, and a corporate executive who is really good with guns who apparently hunts down Weird Shit as a hobby
Weird, three out of you are playing my characters:grin:!

Saturday I learned
Didn't run Basic Fantasy yesterday, as some of the teens were doing Valentine Day's stuff yesterday. The adult group, being the sad sacks that we are*, did kick off the Witchcraft game last night. A decent chuck of it was 'getting the band together', so to speak, as the solitaire Gifted magician who can remember multiple past lives (my character), a cat that can turn into a human for short periods of time, a funeral home worker who is also a necromancer, and a corporate executive who is really good with guns who apparently hunts down Weird Shit as a hobby all wound up crossing paths investigating some particularly nasty child murders. We ended the night after a pretty nasty fight with some spooky Men In Black types, with several clues but not a lot of answers yet regarding the murders.

*The group's one married guy and his wife's plans for today, we are told, is apparently very low-key and involve ordering takeout and not bothering going out at all.

Heh. I kind of wish I could play that's a cool game setup.

I am mostly on hold; due to weather except online, though had to skip my Sunday game.
Saturday, I learned I lost a gamer friend last week due to covid related complications. Sunday morning I couldn't convince a wandering rottweiler not to come to me (in the very low for Texas temperatures, and he's not furred for this) he did look healthy but no collar. Then had a mini-breakdown, checking with people on Facebook. To see if people I knew were okay, as many as I could until I had to sleep.

Everyone out there alright? Going to do a check-in thread here.. too I think.

Saturday I learned

Heh. I kind of wish I could play that's a cool game setup.

I am mostly on hold; due to weather except online, though had to skip my Sunday game.
Saturday, I learned I lost a gamer friend last week due to covid related complications. Sunday morning I couldn't convince a wandering rottweiler not to come to me (in the very low for Texas temperatures, and he's not furred for this) he did look healthy but no collar. Then had a mini-breakdown, checking with people on Facebook. To see if people I knew were okay, as many as I could until I had to sleep.

Everyone out there alright? Going to do a check-in thread here.. too I think.
We are good! I have never seen snow this deep in Dallas. It’s at least 2 or 3 inches and it looks like a blanket. I have hear a lot of Texans in Austin and DFW woke up last night to very cold temperatures and no heat due to the grid taking a hit. My house has gas heat but I know a lot of people that don’t.

We made characters for the Alien campaign mode game last night. The mission is to further survey worlds earmarked 80+ years ago in the initial exploration of the sector and do routine maintenance on sector communication satellites.

The ship is the USCSS Halifax and to go with the NPC crew the players made:
  • Botanist/Field Scientist
  • Ship's Captain (Former Marine Officer)
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • Corporate Stooge (we rolled up a random corporate title of "Relational Functionality Manager")
halifax.jpg

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back