What are y'all up to these days?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Steel Aces: Playing Jacks 2, Page 6: Duck & Cover
As flames continue to spew from the Slither Tank, Ronin makes a snap decision.

Wondering where the April Adventure Seed went? It's going live next week. Don't worry, we didn't forget, we also didn't want to tip off tonight's players, as a team of heroes experience it live as part of Fool's Moon's Queer & Present Danger 36 hour Charity Stream.

It's live now, so tune in for some great games, then check out Metahumans Rising at 1 AM EDT/10 PM PDT

Just got back from Camp NC Gameday

Ran Brindlewood Bay.

Played Swords of the Serpentine, Jiangshi, Kingdom, Scum & Villainy, Broken Compass, and a game by Kevin Kulp called Loot the Kingdom (a fantasy hack of a game called Save the Universe, kinda Midnight meets Blades in the Dark).

Edit: Save the Universe

Last edited:
Just managed to recruit three players for an upcoming game of Swords of the Serpentine, which will be run in parallel of my other SotS game.
Happy me is slowly realizing that I need to come up with new exciting adventure plots for this new group, as I can't recycle my older ideas (thanks to my session reports).

Last edited:
Yesterday, our semi-improv duet campaign of Swords of the Serpentine started its 2nd adventure. We're really having a blast with this game.

Love this game.
Kevin (one of the designers of SotS) was at the aforementioned gaming bash. He ran a variant of the setting called Musketeers of the Sinking City. In essence, about 100 years before the timeline of the book, Eversink was a monarchy, and we played the Queen's Musketeers (and associated folk) on a mission to stop an evil plot by a corrupt high priest.

Kevin is a good fellow. He was very active on forums while the game was in development and very supportive of the community. I still have a bespoke location I wrote and some crowdsourced NPCs kicking around for SoS that were created during that initial bust of enthusiasm (if anyone wants them just let me know).

Kevin (one of the designers of SotS) was at the aforementioned gaming bash. He ran a variant of the setting called Musketeers of the Sinking City. In essence, about 100 years before the timeline of the book, Eversink was a monarchy, and we played the Queen's Musketeers (and associated folk) on a mission to stop an evil plot by a corrupt high priest.
Sounds darn pulpy, I love it. Did you get a chance to wrestle tigers?

Kevin is a good fellow. He was very active on forums while the game was in development and very supportive of the community. I still have a bespoke location I wrote and some crowdsourced NPCs kicking around for SoS that were created during that initial bust of enthusiasm (if anyone wants them just let me know).

Somehow wasn't aware of this game, looks awesome. Pelgrane are so reliable.

Unfortunately, whilst the preorder has been up for a long time, the pandemic hit art and production hard, but it's finally (supposedly) printing next month.

I had to check and see if I had preordered this, and indeed I had. So that's something to look forward to!

Glad you guys reminded me of this!

Trying to finish off my Dune game that I've been GMing but life keeps getting in the way. Returning to Spain in two weeks and then spending the next two weeks sailing from Almeria to Barcelona as I'm starting a job in Barcelona in June. And in the meantime, I've got three books I'm writing. Three....for now.

With the Attropal killed, the Soulmonger destroyed and Acererak kicked off this Plane, we have one more session to go, to exit the Tomb and wrap up things... and it seems getting all players around the table is going to be a chore. Late cancellations, family matters, work schedules, concerts. This last session is going to feel more like an afterthought than a grand final.

And after that, one of the players has said he would stop gaming. We already had another drop-out last year, and I'm a bit burned out GMing, so I'm not sure what the future of our game night is going to be.

Last edited:
Currently immersing myself in the Deluxe Tunnels & Trolls and the WFRP 4E core rules books for when its my turn to GM later this year
Played another session in my mate's Fragged Empire campaign on the public holiday yesterday :shade:

Last edited:
I'm running Beowulf a week on Saturday for a friend I've just got back in touch with during the first lockdown we had back in 2020. Used to play D&D and MERP with him when we were at comp - so 35 or so years ago! Can't begin to describe how much I'm looking forward to it!

Has anyone got a copy of that Dark Crystal Adventure Game RPG?

It was cheaper on Amazon.ca lately (39$ CAD, free shipping). Just curious if anyone got their hands on it.

I know that TristramEvans TristramEvans was eyeing it?

EDIT: video flip-through. Wow this looks more elaborate than the Labyrinth RPG:

Has anyone got a copy of that Dark Crystal Adventure Game RPG?

It was cheaper on Amazon.ca lately (39$ CAD, free shipping). Just curious if anyone got their hands on it.

I know that TristramEvans TristramEvans was eyeing it?

EDIT: video flip-through. Wow this looks more elaborate than the Labyrinth RPG:

Yeah, it's much more of a traditional RPG than Labyrinth - the system is similiar but slightly more complex (only very slightly, this is still very rules lite). It doesn't follow the same structure at all, as far as the game itself - its much more like a traditional RPG, insofar as completing Quests, etc.

I'd say it's more of an advanced, slightly darker/more mature version of the Labyrinth RPG...so the opposite of the relationship between the two films, oddly.

I'd say it's more of an advanced, slightly darker/more mature version of the Labyrinth RPG...so the opposite of the relationship between the two films, oddly
Do you consider Labyrinth to be more dark and mature than the Dark Crystal? I’m confused…

I'd say it's more of an advanced, slightly darker/more mature version of the Labyrinth RPG...so the opposite of the relationship between the two films, oddly.
Well, we know already that RPGs are a different medium from movies even when they're based on them...:thumbsup:

Do you consider Labyrinth to be more dark and mature than the Dark Crystal? I’m confused…

Oh yes, by far. The Dark Crystal is a pretty standard fantasy film. Labyrinth is a story about abusive relationships, materialism, sexual awakening, and in general the psychological transition of a girl from childhod to adulthood.

51384683232_1d7b119952_o.jpg

Don't feel bad, it was stuck in development/art hell for a long while and lost a lot of steam sadly. It is a fantastic game though.
I've been after SoTS for ages I can't wait to play it. I was disappointed that you couldn't order the pdf (as I believe it has been handed out to the backers). I hope it will be out soon... Fingers crossed. :smile:

On the Dark Crystal/Labyrinth thing, I think The Dark Crystal is darker in content, but Labyrinth is a lot more emotionally complex. Because the bad guys in The Dark Crystal are disgusting genocide monsters, there isn't a lot of room for complexity.

On the Dark Crystal/Labyrinth thing, I think The Dark Crystal is darker in content, but Labyrinth is a lot more emotionally complex. Because the bad guys in The Dark Crystal are disgusting genocide monsters, there isn't a lot of room for complexity.
It doesn't matter how disgusting you say they are, they're always going to be skeksi to me.

Started Chill's "The Beast of Exmoor" adventure last night, my first Mayfair Chill adventure in about 30 years. The party played it seriously but overall it had somewhat of a Scooby Doo vibe to it. I think Mayfair's Chill perhaps took itself a bit too seriously, whereas the Pacesetter adventures are much more easy going and allow for all different kinds of vibes. Still, we had fun.

Adventure Seed: The Fear Factory
Dreams are powerful tools, and Chimera is not above weaponizing them. Unfortunately for our heroes, the nightmare begins after they wake up.

If you caught our livestream with Fool's Moon, you may have an idea of what's coming!

#Metahumans #Superheroes #TTRPG #TTRPGSolidarity #Adventure #Chimera #Nightmares

Last night I continued my Stars Without Numbers campaign, freshly disappointed by Numenera as a source of idea-generation and random weirdness tables.

I actually just winged it. I tapped into my memories of the more surreal episodes of Star Trek TNG, Spirited Away and Night on the Galactic Railroad.

I improvised the entire thing and had so much fun. My players were SO INTO IT. "A real mystery!!".

Very pleased with myself, which is a rarity. I'll take the little things, whatever I can get.

During the week-end, I continued my Delta Green/Celtic Myths/Hollow Earth Expedition adventure, using the One-Page generator instead of GMing. I'm not exactly in my best shape for GMing, but it worked out fine, the generator providing a needed shake-down/shake-up for when I was feeling uninspired. Oh, and I also used it as a random attitude table, because I was feeling uninspired:shade:.
Next episode (whenever that is): the investigators are about to learn the horrific truth about the food source of the Hollow Earth, and to participate in their last tournament fights for a while:tongue:.

I also played with the daughter on the other week-end evening. Her Unicorn Princess With A Sword character is doing just fine. She even found out that the sorcerer who sent her on a three-missions quest has been mind-controlling her to decide to go...
Was he? Well, amusingly, I can't answer that:grin:!
I mean, we switched the system mid-campaign, so the fact that the previous system didn't allow mind-control might have influenced my decision. But this one allows it, and would he have used it? Definitely.
And of course, I've persuaded adult players to help the forces they were actively opposing. I guess it might count as mind control when I'm facing a girl that's not even a teen yet:thumbsup:?
Besides, it doesn't matter. That was the conclusion of some helpful NPCs, it's not proven one way or another. She is going with it, and regardless of whether it's true, the conclusion from that is right: she was duped to help a nefarious sorcerer get more power!
Amusingly, I didn't need any generator for Refereeing for her. I just ripped off media she is unfamiliar with...but that's harder with an adult group.
OTOH, that means that a mix of Warhammer, the Witcher, LotR and some old gamebooks worked just fine:angel:!

Also, people: next time you want to write something like "you wouldn't want to mislead the players"...think about this post! (And maybe ask yourself whether I'd be harsher to my baby daughter than I would be to adult players).

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back