What are y'all up to these days?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
So, session 2 of Forbidden Lands is in the bag. I must say, I really like the system. It's got a bit of the same elegant interlocking design that I like in Torchbearer but without quite so much mechanical weight. We essentially just travelled this session and had a couple of random encounters, but it was still a ton of fun. I'm looking forward to playing more and FL has moved way up my list of favorite systems for fantasy play.

Played the third session of our 5e Night Below campaign tonight. I got the box set back in ‘99, I believe, when I still didn’t really understand what running a game was all about, but it made for a good read! I tried to run it in 2e many years ago but the group fell apart after the first session.

Slight spoilers follow.

So far our group of three + 1 GMPC has travelled to both Milbourne and Thurmaster, searched fruitlessly for the missing apprentice Jeleneth, defeated some Bloodaxe Orcs and pacified a young and confused werebear. I had the Druid Oleanne leave before the orcs attacked and I was afraid for a minute we were about to have a TPK, even with Kuiper’s help.

The damage output and HP inflation of 5e monsters has resulted in some iffy combats, though no deaths (goddamn Spare the Dying).

Honestly, I love bog-standard D&D, especially some of the big 2e campaigns, it really makes me nostalgic for the ‘90s (even if I was practically only playing at D&D camp).

If I have one complaint about the campaign so far, it’s the NPC names. They’re awful and bland.

I’m hoping to put a dent in it though, and actually make it to the Underdark.

Well, I just bit off a big job. I'm hosting a couple on Sunday, good friends that I've known for ages. First, I'm going to teach them how make a good Butter Chicken (that's the easy part). Then I'm going to teach them how to role play, at their request. They wanted Star Wars action, so I'm going to run Scum and Villainy for them. I feel very responsible for other people all of a sudden.

Today I finished my weekly D&D 5 edition mini-campaign at the RPG club at my son's highschool.

I used a free scenario titled "Dues of the Dead" which involves, appropriately enough, undead.

Since the last sessions veered into PvP (always a possibility with young players :-), I went along in all cosmic gonzo.

There were 3 camps :

- on one side, the NPCs of the original scenario, who were soon wiped in an orgy of gore
- on the other side, a Paladin of (the) God (of Good) assisted by an evil necromancer (don't ask)
- on the last side, the tiefling son of the Serpent God Dendara, assisted by a plain survivalist fighter

The Paladin invoked the Legion of Heavens, while his necromancer ally raised untold numbers of dead (they were in a necropolis) ; the tiefling channeled in himself a major demon in the thrall of his father.

The necromancer was first savaged by a giant insane kobold named "Koko" (who was the by-product of a previous attempt at demonic incorporation from the tiefling), while the survivalist fighter tried helping the tiefling to control the power of the major summoned demon - and was rewarded with incineration.

It finished in a stalemate of sorts, with the Paladin winning the local battle, by razing the landscape (and the nearby city) in a 30 km radius around him, transforming it in a lake of glass, while the tiefling escaped the scene by rotating outside the local reality, and finding a stress window to attack his paladin foe at some later time in the future.

The last words were had by the necromancer, as he was vaporized by the angelic blast emanating from the Paladin (an unfortunate side effect of being evil) :

"Paladin of the Light ! I saved your hide from Koko, and all I got was killed by the angel freaks. GOOD SUCKS !"

In preparation for our 4th session of our Night Below 5e campaign, I've written up my notes. They are poor and contain many gaps. Spoilers follow. Since I had no campaign setting in which I had planned to run the game, I quickly put together a shoddy map with recycled names so at least the players will see a larger world. Will the PCs seek help from the Gnome Kings? I hope so, as they will surely be irritating to deal with.

Behold....GENERICA!

GENERICA.JPG

July 28th, 234CE:

The PCs are approached, in the City of Helm, by a middle-aged, dark-haired, slightly portly wizard who introduces himself as Gordrenn. "Pur- veyor of magical paraphernalia, material necessities, and related items to many wizards of note," he says rather pompously. Gordrenn has a problem. He has to deliver a chest of material components to the wizard Tauster, who lives in the village of Thurmaster in Haranshire.

The PCs accept and begin their way to the isolated region.

PCS

Bastion, Doomguide of Kelemvor
: A Drow paladin.

Balki Bartokomous: A half-orc Rogue.

Juan Diego Maximliano: A human Cleric.

Nelson Fungledore: A gnome Druid. (player sparsely attends)

Dasia Dacite: A Dwarven fighter and GMPC.

Session 1

August 1st, 234CE

- Party on road to Milborn, meet Farmer Jon. A gregarious man, he lays claim to most of the produce sold in The Baron of Mutton. He shows surprise at realizing Bastion is a Drow Elf.

- Passing through a copse of trees, the party sees a group of "farmers" moving towards them. Arrows fly out of the trees to their right, the farmers cry out, "bandits" and move to take shelter with the party before revealing themselves as bandits as well. A fight ensues, Bastion is downed by the Bandit leader before four of them are slain. Two bandits flee into the woods.

- Party rests before arriving at Milborne around 9pm.

- Searching for sings of fellow thieves, Balki finds none.

- Bastion and Father Juan visit the kennels. Though the Father irritates the owner, Bastion buys a dog. He is told to tell the Constable about the bandits.

- Father Juan visits the temple of St. Cuthbert and annoys the priest with his demand he give up his room for Father Juan to sleep in.

- The party arrives at the Baron of Mutton to find the place in an uproar.

- talking with Dirkaster, Barthelew and Andren, party learn about the disappearance of Jelleneth and meet Nelson.

- party examines her room, finding no signs of a struggle, are shown portrait of missing apprentice.

- talk to Garyld the constable about the bandits, he explains about the region, notably the Thornwood, and the abandoned Garlstone mine.

- party sleeps outside of town.

August 2nd, 234CE

- party travels 8 hours towards Thurmaster and then pushes on with no rest after passing a farmstead that Balki checks for Thieves' signs.

- around 9pm they attempt to ford the river and are attacked by giant frogs. Dasia is slightly wounded, Bastion embarrasses himself by dropping his rapier into the river.

- play ends

Session 2

August 3rd, 234CE

- the party arrives in Thurmaster in the early morning, talk their way past the guards and wake up the innkeeper of the Hound and Tails.

- they pay for rooms and dine on terrible mutton pies and weak ales.

August 4th, 234CE

- wake up, Bastion and the Padre are terribly ill from the pies.

- talk to Tauster, master of the missing Jelleneth, and deliver his chest. The party immediately suspects him of dire necromancy as he keeps a locked tower. "What else would he be keeping in there but animated skeletons," says Bastion.

- Tauster suggests asking the ranger, Kuiper, who dwells in one of the farmsteads the party passed by.

- speak to owner of store (a very irritating, smart man)

- Skut, nephew of store owner, poles them down the river to Kuiper's farm.

- meet and talk to Kuiper, he suggest searching the banks of the Hogbrook.

- meet and talk to Oleanne, druid tells them about the boy she saw transform into werebear before leaving.

- A group of Bloodaxe orcs emerge from woods and assault the party. After they are killed, it is discovered that two had silver weapons, 1 had magic shield+1 with strange sigil.

- party rests in the woods at bequest of Kuiper. Rain has washed away all traces of Orc's passage.

- play ends

Session 3

August 5th, 234CE

- The party wakes up in the woods to more rain

- Failing to make a fire, Kuiper teaches Balki the secrets of woodland craft (+AD to next Nature roll)

- Party travels back up Hogbrook towards Kuiper's farm since no sign of Jelleneth on the Hogbrook.

- lo and behold, traces of the werebear are spotted and the beast encountered in a small forest glade.

- despite dealing terrible damage to the party, and downing Dasia, the beast is defeated and revealed to be Maxim, son of the farmer who lives next to Kuiper.

- Bring Maxim back to Kuiper's farm

- Kuiper brews up an excellent fish stew, having rolled highly. He suggest they talk to Garyld

- party convinces Skut to travel to Millbourne with them, he poles them down the river.

- Talk to Garyald, constable and carpenter of Milborne, he sent letter to the ranger Shiraz (much fun was made of the ranger's name).

- go to the "riffraff inn", the Silver Crown, where they talk with the bartender and his dullard son.

- sitting in corner is aged dwarf and suspicious-looking man in black cloak. The man notices Balki looking at him and flashes him some thiefsign. The party meets and drinks with the pair, learning more about the region from Old Grizzler. The man's name is Zinn, and he wears expensive clothing.

- play ends

In preparation for our 4th session of our Night Below 5e campaign, I've written up my notes. They are poor and contain many gaps. Spoilers follow. Since I had no campaign setting in which I had planned to run the game, I quickly put together a shoddy map with recycled names so at least the players will see a larger world. Will the PCs seek help from the Gnome Kings? I hope so, as they will surely be irritating to deal with.

Behold....GENERICA!

View attachment 46497

July 28th, 234CE:

The PCs are approached, in the City of Helm, by a middle-aged, dark-haired, slightly portly wizard who introduces himself as Gordrenn. "Pur- veyor of magical paraphernalia, material necessities, and related items to many wizards of note," he says rather pompously. Gordrenn has a problem. He has to deliver a chest of material components to the wizard Tauster, who lives in the village of Thurmaster in Haranshire.

The PCs accept and begin their way to the isolated region.

PCS

Bastion, Doomguide of Kelemvor
: A Drow paladin.

Balki Bartokomous: A half-orc Rogue.

Juan Diego Maximliano: A human Cleric.

Nelson Fungledore: A gnome Druid. (player sparsely attends)

Dasia Dacite: A Dwarven fighter and GMPC.

Session 1

August 1st, 234CE

- Party on road to Milborn, meet Farmer Jon. A gregarious man, he lays claim to most of the produce sold in The Baron of Mutton. He shows surprise at realizing Bastion is a Drow Elf.

- Passing through a copse of trees, the party sees a group of "farmers" moving towards them. Arrows fly out of the trees to their right, the farmers cry out, "bandits" and move to take shelter with the party before revealing themselves as bandits as well. A fight ensues, Bastion is downed by the Bandit leader before four of them are slain. Two bandits flee into the woods.

- Party rests before arriving at Milborne around 9pm.

- Searching for sings of fellow thieves, Balki finds none.

- Bastion and Father Juan visit the kennels. Though the Father irritates the owner, Bastion buys a dog. He is told to tell the Constable about the bandits.

- Father Juan visits the temple of St. Cuthbert and annoys the priest with his demand he give up his room for Father Juan to sleep in.

- The party arrives at the Baron of Mutton to find the place in an uproar.

- talking with Dirkaster, Barthelew and Andren, party learn about the disappearance of Jelleneth and meet Nelson.

- party examines her room, finding no signs of a struggle, are shown portrait of missing apprentice.

- talk to Garyld the constable about the bandits, he explains about the region, notably the Thornwood, and the abandoned Garlstone mine.

- party sleeps outside of town.

August 2nd, 234CE

- party travels 8 hours towards Thurmaster and then pushes on with no rest after passing a farmstead that Balki checks for Thieves' signs.

- around 9pm they attempt to ford the river and are attacked by giant frogs. Dasia is slightly wounded, Bastion embarrasses himself by dropping his rapier into the river.

- play ends

Session 2

August 3rd, 234CE

- the party arrives in Thurmaster in the early morning, talk their way past the guards and wake up the innkeeper of the Hound and Tails.

- they pay for rooms and dine on terrible mutton pies and weak ales.

August 4th, 234CE

- wake up, Bastion and the Padre are terribly ill from the pies.

- talk to Tauster, master of the missing Jelleneth, and deliver his chest. The party immediately suspects him of dire necromancy as he keeps a locked tower. "What else would he be keeping in there but animated skeletons," says Bastion.

- Tauster suggests asking the ranger, Kuiper, who dwells in one of the farmsteads the party passed by.

- speak to owner of store (a very irritating, smart man)

- Skut, nephew of store owner, poles them down the river to Kuiper's farm.

- meet and talk to Kuiper, he suggest searching the banks of the Hogbrook.

- meet and talk to Oleanne, druid tells them about the boy she saw transform into werebear before leaving.

- A group of Bloodaxe orcs emerge from woods and assault the party. After they are killed, it is discovered that two had silver weapons, 1 had magic shield+1 with strange sigil.

- party rests in the woods at bequest of Kuiper. Rain has washed away all traces of Orc's passage.

- play ends

Session 3

August 5th, 234CE

- The party wakes up in the woods to more rain

- Failing to make a fire, Kuiper teaches Balki the secrets of woodland craft (+AD to next Nature roll)

- Party travels back up Hogbrook towards Kuiper's farm since no sign of Jelleneth on the Hogbrook.

- lo and behold, traces of the werebear are spotted and the beast encountered in a small forest glade.

- despite dealing terrible damage to the party, and downing Dasia, the beast is defeated and revealed to be Maxim, son of the farmer who lives next to Kuiper.

- Bring Maxim back to Kuiper's farm

- Kuiper brews up an excellent fish stew, having rolled highly. He suggest they talk to Garyld

- party convinces Skut to travel to Millbourne with them, he poles them down the river.

- Talk to Garyald, constable and carpenter of Milborne, he sent letter to the ranger Shiraz (much fun was made of the ranger's name).

- go to the "riffraff inn", the Silver Crown, where they talk with the bartender and his dullard son.

- sitting in corner is aged dwarf and suspicious-looking man in black cloak. The man notices Balki looking at him and flashes him some thiefsign. The party meets and drinks with the pair, learning more about the region from Old Grizzler. The man's name is Zinn, and he wears expensive clothing.

- play ends
I shall translate this to my campaign but reskin it as Valde Generale

My group has been trying Fallout 2d20. We're having a pretty good time overall, but still trying to get to the point where the rules start flowing. Still in "shakedown" mode.

I've heard that Fallout's layout (for the books) is better than previous 2d20 books, so hopefully you'll be able to reference things easier and get into the flow. The major issue with Modiphius books is that they are terrible about layout design, indexing and thinking logically about what goes where. Which means its a real bugger to figure out where/what when you need it.

Let us know how it goes, I still have a serious fondness for the company and the 2d20 system and the books are gorgeous if not very functional. lol

Notes for the 4th session of our 5e Night Below campaign. Spoilers follow!

SESSION 4

August 5th, 234CE, continued

- Continuing their talk with Zinn and Old Grizzler, Zinn regales the group with his life story. He is a noble from the Imarian Sultunate, far to the south, travelling to all the fabled lands he read about in books as a child.

- The subject of undead arose and Zinn told Bastion about the dreadful necromancies of the lords of Aka-Larat, a city-state in the Tomblands. Bastion is incensed and vows to travel there one day to fight against the undead.

- Old Grizzler talks about farmsteads being put up for auction due to the expansion of the New Mire.

- The Pcs ask Old Grizzler about his own past in Haranshire and he reveals he was once a mine foreman in the now-abandoned Garlstone mines. He also says something to Dasia in Dwarvish and she denounces him as a drunk and a terrible example of her people.

- Asking the dwarf about Garlstone Mines, he reveals that he has a map of the place and is willing to gamble for it.

- A game of Trips is played, Zinn also being interested, and Balki uses Slight of Hand to cheat, winning the map.

- During the game, Bastion monitors the miners watching the gambling for any signs that men are turning to banditry, but he finds none.

- After the game Old Grizzler discusses a rumour that a band of itinerant priests are wandering through Haranshire on their way to Parlfray Keep. The Pcs are interested.

- Zinn leaves, saying his farewells, and leaves to sleep at the Baron of Mutton. The Pcs say goodbye to the old dwarf and leave to do likewise.

- In the town square the Pcs encounter a wooden platform being built for an auction occurring the next day, an auction for a farmstead already half-consumed by the New Mire.

- Using Intimidate, Bastion purchases the farmstead for the measly sum of 25gp, envisioning the construction of a Temple to Kelemvor.

- Balki and the Padre examine the farmers cart for valuable items but roll badly. It wouldn't have mattered, these farmers are poor.

- Arriving at the Baron of Mutton the Pcs talk to Andren, the betrothed of Jelleneth, and regretfully inform him that his fiance has not yet been found. He weeps, but offers the group free accommodation and the Padre a well-received glass of red wine.

- Bastion buys a lone farmer enjoying a nightcap another drink and asks him about news of banditry in the area. A discussion of how taxes create bandits ensues, but no real revelations are had.

August 6th, 234CE

- The group wakes up at the Baron of Mutton and sees, from a window, the wooden auction platform being dismantled outside.

- Exiting the building, a young boy springs to his feet from where he was resting outside the inn and confirms their identity. Darius Carman, a member of the Carman family and what passes for nobles in these parts, wants to talk to them.

- Passing through the square, farmers eager for a cheap auction grumble under their breath at the group and mutterings of , “stole it right out from under us,” are heard.

- The group arrive at Darius Carman's mansion, a richly furnished place that makes the comfort-loving Padre happy. He is even happier after Darius offers him a glass of wine, “a fine vintage,” says Darius, “from Helm itself!”

- Darius explains how both Haranshire and Shakshire are both political extensions of the Kingdom of Kath to the west. He is a distant cousin of one of the Lords of Helm, or at least he thinks he is.

- Darius talks about the New Mire, his interest in the group sparked by their recent purchase of the waterlogged farmstead. He tells them about his hiring of a diviner to investigate the quickly-spreading swamp and how the wizard wasn't able to tell him much, other than the fact that magic is at play here.

- He offers the group 50gp for two weeks scouting work and 1000gp if they identify and deal with the problem. The group accepts.

- Heading out from Milborne, the group travel southwest for around 8 hours but Balki spots vultures in the air due-south.

- Heading in that direction instead, the group come to a massacre under an outcropping of rock, the northernmost fingers of the Patchwork Hills. Eight corpses are found beneath the hovering vultures, six bearing the mark of the Holy Tax collectors of Abbadar, the Padre's diety, and two clearly their bodyguards.

- Attempting to perform rites upon the dead, the group discover that one of the bodyguards is still, barely, alive. He manages to whisper to the group that ".. . priests . .. taken .. . the red-headed man!.. . his eyes .. . they were alive, I swear .. ." before he dies.

- After a number of terribly failed rolls, the group is ambushed by a pack of 4 Death Dogs who rush out from the Patchwork Hills to the south.

- A vicious combat ensures where the humble GM rolls critical hit after critical hit, downing each of the Pcs at least once and nearly TPKing them.

- The tide turns, however, and the PCs are finally victorious over the brutes...though it might have just as easily brought an early end to the campaign.

- With Dasia and Balki unconscious, Bastion and the Padre set about searching the bodies and burning the corpses after saying rites over them.

- Bastion fails his Constitution Saving throw and realizes he has caught some terrible disease from the Death Dog's bite.

- A 1000gp gem hidden in one of the Death Dog's bellies is missed, surely to be found by a lucky farmer in years hence.

- After a Short Rest, which invigorates the downed party members, the group continues to their newly purchase property without further mishap, discovering a damp, but serviceable, two-story farmstead on the edge of the New Mire. To the south stretches a vast and stinking swamp, the ruins of swallowed-up farmsteads dotting the region.

- The group rests for nearly a full day, from 3pm on august 6th to 8pm on August 7th, so that Bastion will not be affected by the sun's powerful rays.

- During this time they explore the farmstead, finding it in the early stages of decay but still standing.

- The Padre examines the Mire, getting a feeling of magic at work, but no evil.

- The rise of the moon invigorates Bastion, and he passes his Constitution save and defeats the disease coursing through his wounds.

August 7th, 234CE

- The party heads south, exploring the New Mire.

- After about 4 hours, they hear footsteps plonking through the swamp and see a distant torch.

- It turns out the be the unnamed son of Farmer John, the first person they met while entering Haranshire nearly a week before.

- He is out frog-hunting in the darkness, explaining that his father's sheep raising is seeing difficulties with the expansion of the New Mire.

- He tells the group a story about seeing a group of, “fire-breathing, blue giants with iron shoes, 20 feet tall,” before being called out on his bullshit by the Padre.

- He admits that the humanoids were not quite so fearsome, but they were indeed blue. He saw them near the headwaters of Cutter Brook, the river that sweeps through the heart of the New Mire and originates in the Patchwork Hills.

- Telling the boy to go to bed and wondering about the wisdom of wandering around in the dark, the party continues to the headwaters.

- A chance parting of the clouds allow the Padre to see the opening of a small cave near where the waters of the Cutter Brook spring out of the earth.

- Bastion, with his darkvision, explores the opening of the cave and sees a passageway sloping downwards. The walls are blue.

- Exploring the cave with good stealth rolls, the party come upon a group of blue-smeared goblins in a chamber before deciding to open negotiations with them.

- Orcish and Goblinish are similar, and Balki and the Padre understand them enough to know that they are telling the group to, “get out!”

- An insight roll reveals these Goblins are terrified.

- Negotiations ensue and one goblin scuttles off and summons two other goblins, the Chief and the Shaman, both of whom possess a smattering of Common.

- After some terse conversations peppered with further pleas for the Pcs to leave, the party gleans that it's the Shaman's ring that's responsible for the New Mire and, after some conversations alone with him in his private cave, they agree to trade the Shield +1 that Bastion took off the dead orc leader in the Thornwood.

- The sigil on it is appropriately imposing and since it's magic the Shaman is happy. The GM is even more so, as Bastion's Armor Class was too high.

- Play ends.

A few notes here (on the unlikely chance that my players are here....don't read!)

I think things are going well. The group has expressed enjoyment with the fact that there is more diplomacy than outright combat (the module notes this itself) and I'm happy to hear it as it will become increasingly more important once they reach the Underdark. I was able to squeeze in both Mystery of the New Mire and Kidnapping on the Moors into one session which was good, as it allows the game to be moving quick enough so that it's possible we'll actually be able to finish the campaign.

The module seems to suggest Kidnapping on the Moor should occur after A Peril on the River, but I'm not really sure why that would be so. Considering Kidnapping foreshadows the appearance of Ranchefus, the evil cleric from Broken Spire Keep, it would seem strange to have it happen afterwards, hence why I changed it. The campaign is not exactly tersely written, there's a lot of detail to take in, so I may have missed something.

Lastly, Old Grizzler's possession of the Garlstone Mines map presents an issue too. I think it would be weird for him to suddenly give it to the PCs later on in the campaign when they are of sufficient level to take it on if they've discussed it with him earlier. He (assumedly) doesn't know about the Orcs there, so there should be no reason for him to withhold the map. This vastly increases the chance the PCs will simply head to the mines soon, missing the Keep entirely. While this is fine given the campaign's semi-sandbox nature, and I'm loathe to railroad the players too much, it does remove the enjoyment of the keep and the possibility to gather magic items necessary for the next book. It also might lead to a TPK which, while that's just how it goes sometimes, may erode player momentum.

Let us know how it goes, I still have a serious fondness for the company and the 2d20 system and the books are gorgeous if not very functional. lol

The layout from a reading/aesthetic POV is fine, but there are some odd decisions on where to put content. We do struggle a bit with finding what we need. A better index would probably do the trick.

But the 2d20 system, despite it being new to us, is pretty darn fun. I'll update as we get farther along!

The layout from a reading/aesthetic POV is fine, but there are some odd decisions on where to put content. We do struggle a bit with finding what we need. A better index would probably do the trick.

But the 2d20 system, despite it being new to us, is pretty darn fun. I'll update as we get farther along!
Heretic! Beat him with the comfy pillows until he repents!

Since you're new here I'll clarify that is total sarcasm and more to tease the folks who have a strong dislike for 2d20. Ignore them or buy eyeplugs.

Heretic! Beat him with the comfy pillows until he repents!

Since you're new here I'll clarify that is total sarcasm and more to tease the folks who have a strong dislike for 2d20. Ignore them or buy eyeplugs.
I'm not a fan myself, but there is nothing more boring than a forum where everyone has reached hive-mind consensus on the kind of games they like.

I'm not a fan myself, but there is nothing more boring than a forum where everyone has reached hive-mind consensus on the kind of games they like.
I've never played it so I have no horse in this race. But some people hate it so I think it should be the default system for anything suggested here. I mean the best would be a 2d20 Hellboy variant that merged with the world of F.A.T.A.L.

I've never played it so I have no horse in this race. But some people hate it so I think it should be the default system for anything suggested here. I mean the best would be a 2d20 Hellboy variant that merged with the world of F.A.T.A.L.
OK - you said the F word. Now I'm getting worried.

And I don't know - maybe eventually I'll hate 2d20! I'll try to dislike it! I promise!

The 12 year old me is wondering how much Doom pool the Right Hand of Doom will generate and do I need to worry about Momentum? And do I need to lookup the rules for Rasputin's orifices to calculate the Doom pool?!?

So there's a new AI Art App in closed beta called MidJourney that looks really cool. Here's a link to a review that has a bunch of examples and also a link to apply for the closed beta. A sample of what the program spits out is below, which it produced from 'atomic explosion by Norman Rockwell'...

View attachment 46142
There's another text prompt art AI out there called DALL-E, and it's insane what it can generate.
Their Reddit has some good examples: https://www.reddit.com/r/dalle2/

An NPC the party has encountered a few times, Charloretta Jenkins, has what has now become her catchphrase as "Well, eat my ass and call me Charlie!"

Trying to think of a way to make that plot-relevant and not just a folksy exclamation.

An NPC the party has encountered a few times, Charloretta Jenkins, has what has now become her catchphrase as "Well, eat my ass and call me Charlie!"

Trying to think of a way to make that plot-relevant and not just a folksy exclamation.

Have a villain call them Charlie, and let the PCs figure the rest out. ;)

She had to hide an important potion in her butt - you know like you do when the constabulary is coming down on you. The vessel leaked or broke. Now, there is only one way to gain the effects of the potion.

GM got covid last week, and we are working on having him run remotely this week (he's still contagious) assuming he's feeling ok. I have a backup of using Timejpckey Timejpckey 's Agony and Ecstasy and continuing the 2-3 shot it's turning into. Running for 3 players will be new.

Two more of my brood have come down with Covid effectively ending the school year early for them. No real symptoms. Headache for part of one day then back to normal. I suspect the rules for Covid are going to relax substantially after the 6m-5yr olds are eligible for vaccines. I'm watching real time as folks who've been super cautious this whole time just do a 180 after their kids get it and nothing major happens. Right or wrong I thing support for any significant rules associated with Covid are going to go away.

Two more of my brood have come down with Covid effectively ending the school year early for them. No real symptoms. Headache for part of one day then back to normal. I suspect the rules for Covid are going to relax substantially after the 6m-5yr olds are eligible for vaccines. I'm watching real time as folks who've been super cautious this whole time just do a 180 after their kids get it and nothing major happens. Right or wrong I thing support for any significant rules associated with Covid are going to go away.

Hope the brood is healthy.

Seeing a lot of the same where I'm at, people seem to have just come to accept a rolling ~300 deaths per day. With the new vaccines coming online, I am hoping that we at least see this added to the mandatory list for public schools along with it being normalized like the flu shot.

Real Life is still getting in the way of me finishing anything new for Jonstown Compendium, unfortunately.

Still, I am plugging away at the supplements, as best I can.

She had to hide an important potion in her butt - you know like you do when the constabulary is coming down on you. The vessel leaked or broke. Now, there is only one way to gain the effects of the potion.
I like the cut of your jib, sir. :thumbsup:

You've got 6HD+1, green skin and regeneration, haven't you:shade:?

OK - you said the F word. Now I'm getting worried.

And I don't know - maybe eventually I'll hate 2d20! I'll try to dislike it! I promise!
You're really new to it, MarcTassin MarcTassin right? OK, as one of the aforementioned people who dislike 2d20, let me tell you: we don't need a hive-mind here:thumbsup:!
I mean, if you like 2d20, I kinda envy you. They've got some of the best settings, including my all-time favourites - Dune and Conan. I just don't like the system, and that's all...but I almost wish I liked it.
OK, I actually wish they'd used a system I can like, but let's not quibble over minor stuff. Either way, far it be from me to begrudge you the ability to like something I can't, I promise:grin:!

Now, what do you think of Mythras:angel:?

Now, what do you think of Mythras:angel:?

Well - until I downloaded the QuickStart just now, I hadn't ever looked at it. It looks pretty cool, and I'd love to try it someday. I have pretty diverse tastes, but I have a lot of love for a good percentile system. I'm also a sucker for "wound based" systems. So - yeah, apparently I'll need to check it out.

And I guess in the end, my gaming pals and I discovered system only mattered for about 20% of our enjoyment. Some of our most memorable and loved campaigns were games with "terrible" systems. So we're having FUN with 2d20, but I don't know if I "like" it yet. That remains to be seen. We only played like 5 games or so. My biggest concern is we're still not hitting a stride where knowing what to do comes natural. We stop to figure out what we're doing system-wise a lot still. I'm also not 100% convinced by zoned systems. Seems to cause more arguments than streamlining, but again - gotta see how it goes.

Honestly - if I could play anything, I'd play the Hackmaster 4E version of ADD 1E (played like a serious RPG). I love the arcane rules and math and bizarre stuff. I have NO idea why. It just never stops being fun to me.

Power Tricks: Control
This week we are diving into one of the most flexible Power Boons, Control. Look at what it does and does not do by default, along with fun ways to expand the functionality of Control.

Well - until I downloaded the QuickStart just now, I hadn't ever looked at it. It looks pretty cool, and I'd love to try it someday. I have pretty diverse tastes, but I have a lot of love for a good percentile system. I'm also a sucker for "wound based" systems. So - yeah, apparently I'll need to check it out.
...that was me showing you another game that some people are passionate about, and others groan when mentioned. Though in this case, the majority very much likes the system, myself included:thumbsup:.
(Jokes that we're becoming The Official Mythras Forum are totally unfounded, of course...it's mostly the yours truly, Raleel Raleel Necrozius Necrozius and CRKrueger CRKrueger that think of Mythras first when considering a new setting:angel:!)

And I guess in the end, my gaming pals and I discovered system only mattered for about 20% of our enjoyment. Some of our most memorable and loved campaigns were games with "terrible" systems. So we're having FUN with 2d20, but I don't know if I "like" it yet. That remains to be seen. We only played like 5 games or so. My biggest concern is we're still not hitting a stride where knowing what to do comes natural. We stop to figure out what we're doing system-wise a lot still. I'm also not 100% convinced by zoned systems. Seems to cause more arguments than streamlining, but again - gotta see how it goes.
Well, let us know how it goes with time. We haven't got many people playing or running 2d20 here...and since I'm not the only one who dislikes the Doom Pool, how is it working out for you?
That's argument #1 against 2d20 for many of us. Actually, for many of us there's never need for #2...I've seen how my group interacts with such mechanics. Don't want a repeat of that experience, thank you kindly, Modiphius:shade:!

Honestly - if I could play anything, I'd play the Hackmaster 4E version of ADD 1E (played like a serious RPG). I love the arcane rules and math and bizarre stuff. I have NO idea why. It just never stops being fun to me.
Admittedly, I've never understood how Hackmaster is supposed to overlay AD&D, but it would be an interesting experiment. Also, it does seem like a fun game...but there are, after all, fun games I haven't tried:grin:!

Admittedly, I've never understood how Hackmaster is supposed to overlay AD&D, but it would be an interesting experiment. Also, it does seem like a fun game...but there are, after all, fun games I haven't tried:grin:!

Hackmaster 4E is literally (word for word in some cases) just AD&D 1E with 10% humor added (apparently a requirement of the license Kenzer had), a bunch of Dragon/UA stuff folded in, and some additional unique stuff that Kenzer came up with. I feel like it's AD&D 1.5E :smile:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back